1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DearMine DearLover Mini 40cm Discussion Part 3

Jul 8, 2016

1. No I know what you mean. He's got a super unique face and it does feel....kind of squished I supposed? From the front.

2. Just just a little squished. Like a long-nosed pug or something. :sweat Still, it's unique and no doubt someone out there will fall for him.

3. @Quiet and Insane Yea, a long nose and a really heavy brow. Now the nose feels normal, though I think his might be the longest they've made so far? But coupled with his forehead, how heavy it feels, he's basically squished with a really heavy or serious expression. It would be interesting to see what other faceups can bring out from his face.

4. Yes! It's the heavy brow that's throwing me off I think.

5. Squished is a good way to put it. Not sure if it's the brows or the eyeliner that really pulls it out.

6. @scripple hmmm, that's a good question, though I can't imagine how long it would be before we'll see a blank face - though I wonder if that might make the squished look worse. I personally think the eyebrows help with the squashed look more than the eyeliner. They're so dramatic and angled so far down that it really seems to emphasize the size of his eyes and where they're set.

7. That's true, until we see a blank, we can't really tell what's going on there.

8. I'd love to be able to see more blank heads...

As for the dolls, I want a girl one, but their snouts seem so much smaller than the boy ones. Which is okay, but, because of how different they can look head on I'd like more photos.

All the Dearmine ones are taken at a slight angle, so I can't always tell what their profile is like or their front facing angle.

I did email them to ask, but they just said to look at the company website.

I also asked if it's possible to have the old tail style instead, but it is not :(

9. Good 360 photos of blank heads are pretty hard to come by, which is too bad. Faceups and artistic angles make such a big difference in how the actual sculpt looks.

Tangentially, looking at Ares' snout, I wonder if they'll ever make a girl with a longer nose? The small noses are cute, but a girl with "stronger" features would be nice as well.

10. Oh, a girl with a longer snout would be interesting! I think the closest we've gotten so far is Heather (who I think is the Oskar sculpt though maybe slightly modified? I remember thinking she looked so much like Leo haha). At least, Heather looks like she has the longest snout of all the girls. It would be nice to see more girls with different faces.

11. Now that you mention it, Heather does look like Oskar, just with slightly closed eyes.

12. I went Osaka Event, and took picture of ARES ~Mistal~ make-up.
      [​IMG]

13. And cool angela
      [​IMG]

14. Thanks, @Lalka ! Ares benefits from MySpace angles, I think, lol. Definitely an interesting face, though. He'd make a good Doberman or jackal or something. He does look squashed from the front, I think because of how low the eyes are set compared to the tip of the nose, and the heaviness of the brow others have mentioned. A few millimeters higher for the eyes, and I'd be sold on him. Right now, I think I'll be waiting for owner pictures and see what effect different faceups or styling make.

15. @Lalka Boy are you a life saver! Those pictures are incredibly helpful! Sugarbeta is totally right, his eyes really are low, you really get the sense of it in that sort of undershot!

16. He looks so grumpy! It's oddly endearing.

17. I’m torn on Ares. He’s not usually my style that I go for with dolls, with the grumpy look.
      On the other hand, I think that it is his face (including his smushed nose and low set eyes) that sold me on him. I think for sure it’s very unique. ;)

Hmm. I’ll let you all know if I spring for him or not. :3nodding:

18. those pics were very helpful! i'm a fan of ares now ... he does look grumpy but i feel like you could make him look determined too! and i love the longer snout.

19. I saw the conversation here and thought about taking a picture with another angle.
      I am glad if it helped:XD:

[​IMG]

20. And DL Bluerose Pricilla & Angela , Saera bunnygirl
      [​IMG]