1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

December 2008 Limited Zuzu Delfs

Nov 25, 2008

1. Wow, he sold out in like 3-4 minutes! Glad I snagged one...I caved at the last second, having convinced myself earlier that I'd pass them up. :sweat

2. Me too. I tried to convince myself I would wait for owner pictures and the secondary market... But the Duke was calling to me!

3. YAAAAY I got a Duke! :D

Now I can start breathing again... *_*

(And start thinking of names for him, even though he won't ship for a month! :lol:)

4. Pirate's about to go next. There are only 4 left.

5. oh my god ;_; I'm heart broken!!!!! I had the duke and pirate in my cart so I thought I was safe (damn me and my inexperience with buying limiteds from luts...) so I took a few seconds to type something important (but not important enough to miss duke over...) in the notes box....... and by the time I clicked payment duke was out ;3;

second market here I come =/ *sigh*.......... I did get the pirate though ;-;...

6. I decided on the pirate because he is normal skin (and his faceup looks very liony, and the shirt/booties are awesome).
      I paid for him already :) I also ordered a minime to qualify a winter head. If the winter don't fit the body I have then I can sell if to offset the Zuzu I bought before for full price :sweat
      It is going to be a very long 30-45 days!

7. Don't worry. They may release another bunch. It does say first launch limited to 30.

I wonder if (due to the discount) I qualify for the wintery head or if I have to make $300?

8. Turynn: The previous Zuzu fullsets all had two batches released a few months apart, and this set does say just like the last ones "First release of 30." Also, sometimes people don't end up paying for their orders within the allotted timeframe, so you might still be able to get one from the first batch. Just keep stalking the site over the next few days to see if one comes back up!

9. wow! this was my first experience at trying to snag a Luts limited and I managed to lose both the Duke (first) and the Pirate (second) out of my shopping cart because it took me too long to figure out the whole wire-transfer/paypal thing.

ah well - I went ahead and got the marine boy because he is adorable too. I'll just have to keep watching for the duke and the pirate and see if they are released again...

10. Aww.

I think I got the Duke... I'd signed in to Luts 15 min. before, threw some wigs into my cart to make up the $300 and made sure I didn't need to select the Event Head (it didn't have an option to select it), Put up a clock with current Korean Time in the corner of my screen (SO useful!!!), and then checked out by 12:03 Korean time...

I need another doll like a hole in the head, but he is darling. I love white anything, love pirates and 18thC stuff and can't resist a sale and gifts...

I thought with only 30 he'd sell out quickly. Do you all know how long it took you to check out?

I'd have thought that once you had him in your cart it would be safe!!! Wow... Little did I know! Glad I was playing it safe and checking out quickly!!! *_*

11. No, you're never safe until you actually check out. That's one of the big advantages to being already signed up on the site when one of these click wars happens - the site already has your address filled in when you go to check out, so you don't have to spend the time to type it in. (I know, it sounds insane, but when the doll you want is selling out in just a few minutes... *_*)

And as for how long it took me - my order information email from Luts has the timestamp "12:00:46" on it. :XD:

12. Yeah... I was all signed in already... And had made sure my address was all correct the night before (did a "test" of the check out to see what I needed to do--the first pages without completing the sale).

I actually went to the Parts Option just to see if I needed to select the Event Head, which wasted a bit of time... And typed something in the Comments... but must have been pretty quick anyway--

My time for the order was 12:01:45

... I've got quite a few limited dolls, but this was the first time I've had to do this sort of time-limited ordering kung-fu! Yikes! But good to know that doing all the research (reading up on everything to do with Luts and payments and the Winter Sale) and hearing about everyone's war stories over the years worked out for me. :)

Also--7pm on a Sunday was a good time for me... very easy and convenient!

13. Lycansea - Oh, thank you so much for your message! I really do hope there will be another batch ;_;. I've been dreaming of this sweet duke nonstop since the photos were released! I've even goofed off at work drawing pictures of him in my spare time =w=;.

Adrastea - Thank you for your words too ;A; I didn't know they did that before! I really hope they follow suit with their previous Zuzus then! I really never thought I'd love an anthro doll enough to throw down money for one, but oh how luts as converted me *sigh* so I'll keep on the lookout >_<!! (PS - your I-ra is gorgeous ^_^).

14. My time stamp reads 12:02:03, and I ordered both a pirate and a duke. When I finished checkout, I looked at how many Duke's were left and there were only two. *_*

15. I'm sure you can get him! Just keep an eye on the Luts site and in the Marketplace and it'll work out. :) Even if you can't get one from the first batch popping back up, I don't see any reason why Luts wouldn't do a second batch like they've done the other times, especially since it said "first release" again.

(And thank you! She's my favorite girl - just don't tell any of my other girls I said that. :lol:)

16. That's impressive that all the Lios went that quickly. :) I guess it's probably a good thing, though, since it means I don't spend over $200 right before the holidays. ^^

17. ::bounces up and down!:: I'm getting the eastern chef! Since I LOOOOOOOVE sushi so much and even make it inside Second Life. I SOOOOOO Wish I could get Duke and Pirate too though!

Wait...! They sold out already?! NO! That's not possible! It was only up a few hours! ::heart break::

18. Apparently the Duke and the Pirate sold out in minutes! But they may re-release... or some people may not pay, so people advise to watch to see if any go on sale again...

... I'm still amazed that I managed to get one... My internet connection has been troublesome lately, too! *whew!*

19. Thanks! Now we need to get a few more.... :sweat

Why no love for the LIOs?? They are so CUTE!!!

20. I wanted the eastern chef so terribly badly, PLEASE if anyone decides they don't want it, please let me know, I would more than gladly buy him from you. I was a split second too late on clicking "Make Payment" and he sold out in the short time it took to click the damn button. I'm desperate for this little guy, I LOVE sushi and I LOVE animal minis and I was watching for his release all weekend.