1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedicated doll space

Nov 24, 2019

1. I have no room or space for mine atm. I've gone down to bare furniture and possessions, so they'll get to chill on the desk, bed, and reading chair when they're not in their boxes. I am considering what I could handle owning to allow for a more stable spot... perhaps I can get some inspiration from this thread :whee:

2. All of my dolls sit on my desk in a line and their boxes/clothes/anything else doll related goes underneath. With two more dolls on the way, I'm going to need to find another space :lol:

3. Chaos usually describes my life :) lol. Currently I don't have much storage space for any incoming dolls. my shelves are full of books and my wardrobe space is full so will have to wait until i move to have the space.

4. I have a small walk in closet that has a window that I use as my doll space. I only currently have tinies so I have their little diorama home on one of the shelves. There are some shoe shelves that I use the tops of for my sewing machine and doll box storage. I have little fabric boxes tucked into one of the racks with my doll accessories and some crafting materials and a little basket for all my painting and face up supplies. It’s a small space but I’ve added some details with lighting and fake plants to make it feel magical.

5. Congrats on the craft room! So lucky. I live in a small condo, so having a hobby room is not in the cards as long as I am living here. Luckily the shelf in my closet fits the wooden containers that I use for housing my BJDs.

6. Since creating this thread, I have moved and now have an office (I work from home) where I use an Ikea Pax wardrobe for my dolls and their accessories! Beside it, there is an Ikea Alex storage that is full of doll clothes sorted by doll size, with one drawer for wigs and one drawer for shoes! On the other side of the room, I have a secondary art desk by the window (it's cluttered, so no picture) for face ups and other dolly adventures!

[​IMG]

I'd love to see more dedicated doll spaces!

7. i have a wooden cabinet with glass doors and shelves that fits some of my dolls (also houses my many furbies)but i'm thinking of clearing some space on the top for them too. also sometimes they chill on my desk, especially when i'm crocheting for them!

8. I have a doll room. One wall is tall bookcases with bigger vintage dolls that are not bjd and a television. The opposite wall is a comfortable chair, desk, and smaller bookcase that holds decorative boxes for doll clothes and accessories. On the end wall opposite of the door is a gallery wall of photos and a wooden display cabinet with glass doors, that is where I keep my bjd. Outside the room I have cube storage for all the doll related things I don’t use often. Finally there’s a cat tree and cat bed in the deep window sill because my cat loves the room. My older kid moved out in June and I’m debating on moving the dolls in that room but I’m not sure yet, trying to figure out what works best for the family.

9. I have a shelf on my wall from Ikea that my dolls sit on. Right now they are in the dining room, though. I also have a book shelf where my KDFs are sitting with some furbys.

10. I don't have a dedicated space for my dolls, more like a space for all my hobbies, which is a wooden cabinet with glass doors in my bedroom and there I keep all the things that make me happy to see everyday (dolls, figures, LEGOs, books, comics, etc.). Most of the clothes, accesories and boxes I keep under my bed so not ideal, but that is what I have.
      That said, that poor cabinet is too full of stuff so I'm planning on buying one or two of those IKEA shelves with doors for all the LEGOs and the figures so only the books and the dolls remain in my room and I can create a dedicated space for them, maybe a minimalistic diorama with a couple of chairs, a rug... or something like that (daydreaming is free xD).

11. Planning to put glass doors on one of my Billy bookcases so I can convert it into a hobby shelf. Hopefully that will help a bit with dust

Currently my dolls are just sitting on top of a short dresser. Doll things are hidden under my bed.

12. I have a long closet with sliding doors in my office. My dolls live on a bookcase in there, with their clothes and accessories taking up two shelves on the bookcase next to it. It’s awesome because I can very easily close the closet when the curtains are open, then open it back up when curtains are closed. I’d always dreamed of having a wardrobe style cabinet for them, but this honestly worked out so much better.

13. This made me lol:lol: because I thought I was the only one! I too have a Furby collection, with a special display (deep in an enchanted forest) that houses one of my most loved SDs as well. She’s a Doll Chateau (mechanical) Gladys who I purchased specifically to display with my Furbys (and some electronic Hatchimals as well). I figured my Furbys (all still in working order, by the way) needed someone who understands complex mechanical/electronic issues to act as their caretaker and make any necessary repairs.:XD: I really love making creative displays for my dolls, and showing off my collectibles in a fun and decorative way!

[​IMG]

#53 PoeticSoul, Oct 27, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    14. OH WOW THATS AMAZING!! some of my furbies dont work but thats ok