1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Delf Dambi discussion

Nov 27, 2006

1. Hey ... ^_^ Can someone put glasses on him?

FWD (getting a little too into this.)

2. He looks to me like Shiwoo's little brother.

I think that DZ Wing I had my eye on is going to have to wait a little longer....

*makes goo-goo eyes at the pretty Dambi*

3. Oh, no. No, no, no. ...I didn't need to know about this. I can't afford to know about this! ;_; *cries*

So. Issit just me, or does he need freckles? :D

4. I really can't tell if I like him or not. xD I think I need to see him in white skin with some other wig on. I really love his big ears, though. His lips definately remind me of a Bernard's, which I love. And his bigger nose is perfect. CP has a tendency to make skinny lil noses. XD

I think I'll have to ponder for a while on him. And I really need to learn to leave room for newly released dolls in my plans. Beh.

5. Well I just ordered him so we'll see how it goes. I love the mold, I just think the camera angles were screwy to make his ears look bigger than they are, and the wig. I'm excited though~:aheartbea

6. Definately show us pictures! I like him, but no character comes to mind!

7. It'll be good to see owner pics of him... That'll tell us what this guy really looks like and what he's capable of much better than the company site pictures.

'Think I'm really waiting to see the SS version, though. ;)

8. I am crazy in love with this mold but I definitely need him to have squintier eyes. The large eyes suggest innocence and the character I have planned for him isn't the innocent type. I've been toying with the idea of modding a regular version, but I think I just need to be a little more patient and wait for Luts to come out with a dreaming version. *sigh*

9. *nods* That's exactly why he appeals to me, too. It'd take a lot of modding work around the mouth to make him into the character I've got in mind, but his basic facial structure seems pretty perfect for it :)

10. I would love to see some modding jobs on him. Lets see if anyone cam make him MANLY!!!

TC

11. I doubt it. He doesn't have the face shape for it. ^_^

Make him look older? Yes. That probably wouldn't be so hard... But trying to make him look like a Moon or a Bermann? Nope. That would take so much sanding, adding and reshaping that you might as well start with a blank ball of sculpting material and make your own. *_*

12. Dambi is very beautiful. but not entirely my taste --

Am I the only one who sees him scream:

" I AM EUROPEAN!!"

13. He'd make a great girl *hides*

14. I think he's absolutely adorable!
      To me it's not a matter of 'un' manliness, becuase according to the ages they have made the dolls they are teenagers and Teenage boys don't look exactley like Adult men face wiseanyway. Boy dolls always look like boys to me.....

Maybe I am new to this, but what is the point of buying a boy face and modding it drastcially to be a girl? It seems like a waste. Especcially a LE Elf or something..... :(

15. Some of them have faces that are androgynous enough to be either gender without any modding at all... It's just a matter of altering the face-up one way or the other. I have a Sleeping Elf Yder girl, for example, who hasn't been touched mod-wise. Sannru's sculpt is exactly the same as any other doll of her model... But she makes a very convincing girl.

Some sculpts wouldn't be as easy to gender-switch (Els, for instance, always look male to me, even with fem face-ups and wearing dresses. 0_o), but others are easy to swing either way you like. I think Dambi, like Yder and Harang, is one of those. ^_^

16. -sigh-...

Pardon me while I go stab my eyes out as CP is making me want them more and more.

Dambi is quite the cutey. <:

17. Lol you're right! I'm sorry, Akkhima! I've saw the pic in a hush and saw creamy's avie besides it, and, well, just get the things connected Oo' silly me ¬¬

18. What a cutie. For some reason he looks like a mix of soony and moon to me. X3 I really love his profile shots, but his eyes are a bit too big for me. I think a dreaming version would be so cute though. *^*

19. Oooh..I was just poking around the Q & A on eluts....and they said in a response that the Dambi Special should be out in December! :whee:

20. Wow. ...I have to say, Dambi will probably attack my wallet at some point. Certainly can't afford a new doll this soon though. He's perfect for one of my characters.

Definately a touch of Harang in there, but he's just different enough. Bigger eyes and a wider nose. His eye size actually makes me think of Yder... :)