1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Delf girl crazy legs?

Apr 29, 2005

1. well, I think I will probably try tightening her string, my best guess is that's why she's "become" like this over time. It's not like the joints have changed... so really the string is the only thing that could have changed, right? :)

2. aimee wrote:
      Actually, the joints can "loosen up " over time. My dolls are new (I have DoD) and their joints have a bit of friction, but I can see where the knee joint, especially, could splay a bit...also, moving the limbs could smooth out the ball and socket after a while, removing any friction that may have helped keep the joint from slipping due to the tension of the elastic or the weight of the doll itself.

Have you tried sueding any of your dolls? That looks as if it may help, maybe just a bit at the end of the ball and socket to add some friction back (although I have not done this myself, maybe someone who has sueded their doll can speak to that).

3. LOL... Am I the only one who has CP dolls (boy and girl) that will behave? Both of mine are fabulous about standing on their own and holding different standing poses, and the only thing I've done is restring them. I think getting the tension right is really important though. Most CP dolls when you get them are so tight that you can't even budge the headcap, and that's waaaay too much tension. Now my boy, when I got him kicked all the time (or rather remained curled in the fetal position!) 'cause he was so tight, but after I restrung him, he was good. I had to tighten his string a few weeks ago though, because he was doing the same thing that Aimee's having problems with. The string just didn't have enough tension in it to hold the joints in place. But now he's been tightened and is back to being my little angel! :grin:

4. I have the same problem with my lishe but only on one leg..even if she is on her stand one of her legs is bend, .but the one that really is driving crazy is shiro. The poor thing can have the legs straight not even a little bit. Same thing with his arms. He is totally loose,

I try to restring the doll but its not working, its very frustrating to see how did dolls change over time. I don't like the idea of thinking this may happen to all my other sds and sd13 over time. I "ll go crazy...

Pony_gery