1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Delf LU-WEN Limited

Aug 16, 2007

1. Thank you all! ^____^

Yeah this wig makes him more feminine and elflike what I was after. :3 Different wig makes him look really different. x3 For example shorted wigs make him look more "manly" if I could say. I tried many wigs on him and found this was his color and I bought this because it looked like I wanted. :3

I have no idea if the will make regular release later, but could you just sand off the tip of ears?

2. actually, if you're after a human lu-wen, i think shine looks pretty much like it. at most, he might need a bit of facial modding, but i really did think that lu-wen was like the elf release of shine!! *__*

3. No, Shine's eyes open up towards the outer lower area and actually the curve drops down. Luwen's eyes are level on the lower portion and then curve up. And the angle of the lip corners is different, the chin is different, the cheeks would need reshaping. Could do the cheeks, but the lips, and definitely the eyes would require too much work. The Luwen, to me, at least, is distinctly different. A Chiwoo and elf-Chiwoo bear a very tight resemblence but I don't see it between Shine and Luwen, other than in the side-side length of the eyes, which they share with several other recent molds.

4. Yes, I didn't see the Shine resemblance that closely either. I like Lu-Wen's body but those ears are putting me off, I'd have to mod them up human, so I just decided to skip him for now although it was a tough decision. I'm kind of broke right now anyway so my wallet thanks me! :)

5. Oh dear ive just discovered Lu-Wen...i must restist...develop some selfcontrol or i will never get my next planned doll....

6. He is pretty but not really cup of tea lol not to mention I don't have the money for a limited edition lol maybe when I have a better job but not right now though!

7. *squrims* Ooooh, I wants one sooooo bad....>_< He looks like a grown up version of my DOC Si...who looks (in my mind) exactly like Sora (from Kingdom Hearts). It is lurve *___* <3333

But I don't have the money...Y-Y </3

8. I just received my Lu-wen yesterday & am absolutely thrilled with him! As Ligaya24 said, he's more androgenous than masculine but that type of look works so well for an elf. The new body is great. It seemed kicky when I first opened him but after just a tiny bit of play it settled down & has wonderful posing possibilities. I love that he can touch his face.

He's even prettier in person than in the promo pics & he doesn't look at all like Shine to me. Shine's eyes are much more open & a different shape. I love him too & am hoping, if Luts does a Christmas event, I'll have the money to get him as well.

9. I took a couple of pics for a comparison of type 2 vs type 3 today.

I finally understand the full scope of my adventure to find a wig to fit my Lu-wen. His head is TINY compared to the other Luts dolls I was used to considering my El and SDF Dion wear the same sized wigs. The type 3 body is also somewhat shorter than the type 2, but the general shape is still the same.

Pics were taken with flash. My camera's colour balance is really off, so the colours are all not quite right, but it's okay for size and shape comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. I have my Lu-Wen in a 8-9 size wig and it fits really well ^_^

11. I have a wig for my Lu-Wen now, but he definitely would never fit in 90% of Luts wigs for Delfs since Delfs usually take 9-10 wigs. Doesn't do any good for the wig I bought from Luts with Lu-Wen in mind though.

12. I was curious, so put my Type 3 next to TWO Type 2 bodies - one from a Moon received in June of this year, one an older white produced sometime around the beginning of the Type 2's, all without heads on. All The bodies were essentially the same height. I laid them all flat to inspect. The only difference was a bit of difference in the level of the *bit* with the T3 as opposed to the others. So I dragged out a Type 1 body, and yes, the T3 was shorter than the T1, but so were the T2s (On the T1 body, even the feet feel like they have a higher dorsal rise to them than any of the others! But mostly, the height difference is in the thighs. That El body really does look like a Type 1! ).

I'll take pictures tomorrow in daylight. But really, only the head is different. My Moon measures exactly 9" around at the cap line, while the Lu-Wen measures 8-3/4".

13. It might be... I bought the body of a friend who got it from a hybrid she bought for the head. The person she bought it from might have mixed up which body it was. She just repeated the entire shpeel she got when she was buying the body. I just assumed that ppl know what they're talking about when they're trying to sell their stuff here...

14. Unless you have another body to compare it too, height-wise, if someone tells you they took off the Type 2 neck piece, you'd really have a hard time telling the difference. The bodies are otherwise the same except that the Type 1's I've gotten and seen are a peachier color than the more recent normals. I wish my Moon had the taller body!

15. To make things even more complicated... Type 1s can vary quite a lot in height, even compared to other Type 1s. (Apparently it has something to do with changes in the molds as they're used-)

I lined up all of my guys once upon a time, barefooted on the kitchen floor, just to see how big of a difference there really was... Just judging from shoulder heights without taking head sizes into account, the Type 2s were all shorter than the average Type 1 bods. They were all pretty close to each other size-wise, though, being within fractions of a cm.

The Type 1s were all over the place... My shortest one (Tien Jen, who has an El bod made some time in the summer of 2005-) was a good 2cm shorter than my tallest (Nightengale, whose bod was made in February 2006-). Jen's actually a tiny bit shorter than any of the Type 2s. *_*

ETA: Dreams of Rivers, my vampire Lu Wen, arrived, and I've got him in a Monique 8-9 wig. With a rubber band around the head, it's a pretty good fit.

16. I have cancan jseries wigs on my both Lu-wens and they fit nicely. Size is 8-9. I will recommend to anyone, they have great wigs! ^___^

I have finally both of my dolls whole, I should now make the vampire, elf is ready! ^___^

[​IMG]

17. What a beautiful boy, the red hair really suits his delicate face :)
      Guh, the more I look at Lu-wen the more I want him O.O even though I've only just got my first boy home and Lu-Wen isn't cheap :doh
      I guess he would make a good friend for him....*Forces self to step away from the Add to Cart button*

18. does anyone know how many are left ??

19. 67 left atm says Luts site. (I think there was a way to check this earlier in this thread. ;) )