1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Delf Type 1 vs. Type 2 vs. Type 3 Bodies Discussion (head swapping info here too)

Aug 8, 2006

1. I think it's the Chiwoo hands. Of course I'm not sure, but those are the hands you get when you order Special dolls, I got 2 pairs of Chiwoo hands with my boys ^^

2. Is there any change in the sculp of the bodies? (for the guys)
      Is one more ripped then the other? I didn't see any different looking from luts site, but looks someone some one mentioned that there is a difference o.o

any comparison shots? it'd be nice. ^^;;

I have harang, that's new body sculpt. I do not own any other CP dolls yet though. If someone can just post the CP dolls next to each other, or just even the old bodies, i can provide the new body type

3. yeah shrinking molds makes the most sense..especially for El, since he's so popular..(it explains how more Els than not can fit into those small converse shoes..my El fits but my Shiwoo just WON'T.)

i do remember someone saying type 2's have shorter legs (more in proportion to the body or something..?) but I never really checked it out on my boys..:\ Ehh i don't know but I find height differences among the Luts boys interesting! :3 All i *really* know is I either have a small El or a giant Shiwoo..xD; there's at least a 2cm shoulder difference between them..o_o

4. Thanks for the pics, Sm!! That was really interesting! Now I see how the neck system holds the S-hook ^^
      Also the difference in heights! wow...
      At least my 2 boys are the same height since they arrived together ^^;

And is it just me or do CP tans look chocolatey? I could eat them! Rawr! :D
      In pics, though, I have never seen one in person ^^

lol, thanks... but... could they have come up with a crappier name?? Noooooo :...(

Thanks Brightfires!! That was most helpful for everyone wondering about this! It sounds way easier and less scary than I thought! *PHEWW*
      I'm somehow still leaning more towards the older system though ^^;;

LOL! well, hehe, Shiwoos are way too gorgeous, it's not like you could resist :lol: I somehow know what it's like since I have a Delf one and his mini version ^^;;;

EDIT: HOORAY for post #1,000!!!:sumomo:

5. May I ask what people prefer, as in, if you were to buy a delf at this moment (a boy delf) which would you order? I ahve to make that decision soon :)

6. Sparrow's bod came with Chiwoo hands, just like "Optional part" Type 1 bods do.

Yeah... Old boy heads can fit new bods of either gender. Just restring them with an s-hook in place of the nech mechanism. That's what I did with Sannru.

Re: other questions... Yes, they can tilt their heads to the side, up and down. The Type 2s just don't seem to have quite as much range of motion doing it as Type 1 bods do. The neck connection piece and position of the s-hook in the neck don't allow them to look as far up or down as the Type 1s can.

I don't know what sort of torso joint the Type 2 Lishes have... I haven't seen one "live" yet.

7. No. The body sculpts are pretty much identical. There's no difference in muscle definition or anything like that as far as I can tell. 'Just a slight difference in height.

8. Honestly? I'm comfortable with either for the boys. The breakage on tanned dolls makes me a little nervous about the new neck system on them, but I don't worry about it really on the regular resin guys. I have yet to see one of them with cracks.

Girls, on the other hand... as a personal preference, I like the Type 2 bodies better. The breasts are a little more naturally placed, I like the balance of the lower torso joint, and they don't have the spindly, "Giraffe necks" that the Type 1 girls have. Those super long, super thin necks on the old sculpt never have appealed to me.

9. has anyone modded the neck of a type 2 girl to fit? if so, how does this change the neck-tiltablity? How hard is it to make them fit and does the modded neck compare with old school bodies? I *LOVE* the new body, but hate the idea of modding and dont really prefer the new neck thingamajig. Bleh.

10. I wouldn't mod the body's neck, personally. The resin is thin enough there already and a LOT of pressure is put on the top of the neck from the doll's stringing. If I were going to try to put a Type 1 girl head on a Type 2 girl bod, I'd try modding the neck hole opening of the head instead.

11. brightfires...er, thats what i meant. :doh

12. Why Nanuri can't be fit on type 1 body?? What is the differenve between both?

13. There are a lot of threads about the two body types around on the forum, but the difference between them really comes down to is the way the doll's head connects to the body. Type 2 bodies have connector pieces at the top of the neck. They're designed to fit into the Type 2 heads, where they turn and lock into place, replacing the old style s-hook and head-cap attachment that Type 1 bodies and heads have.

If you remove the neck connection piece from the Type 2 body and restring it with an s-hook, you can put a Type 1 boy head on it very easily. (Type 1 girls don't work as well. Their heads have neck holes that are too small for the new bodies-)

Putting Type 2 boy heads like Nanuri on a Type 1 boy body *can* be done... but you'll need one (Or better yet, 2-) of the little round doughnut-shaped resin pieces that go inside the head. That's because Type 2 head caps don't have places to connect an s-hook, so you have to secure the it using those resin pieces instead.

14. You mean this system right?

I thougt I have a Type 2 body, but now, with than explain I think not, right?
      this is: http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/3328/sdbody9wg2.jpg
      (the hands are type2 hands)
      Then in this body (of the pic) I wouldn't put a Nanuri head, right?

I think "S hook" system is very troublesome =_=U

Thank you for helping!!

15. Nope the body in the second pic is NOT a type two...it does have the neck piece thingy that type 2's have...but it still wouldnt work...You'd have to mod the new type head to work on an old type body...

...because the new type / type 2 heads connect via the neck, with a simply little locking "Switch" while the old type heads work like your typical BJD where the S hook is attached to the head cap.

The new type bodies, the S hook is in the neck, under neath the little piece that has the "switch" and hence an old head wouldnt work on a new body either cause it would just roll off. lol.

Hope that cleared something up for you.

16. [laughs] Somebody needs to build a web page with a chart, I guess... This has been explained many, many times in various threads but people still get confussed about it.

So, once again let me try to explain...

A Type 1 "old" boy head *WILL* work with a male or female Type 2 body. It will. I promise.

All you have to do is remove the neck connector piece and restring using a plain old s-hook in its place.

How do I know it'll work? ... I've done it. Sannru is an old style head on a re-strung Type 2 body, and the fit is perfect.

But...

You can *ALSO* put Type 2 "new" style boy or girl heads on "old" style Type 1 male bodies. You do that by using the little doughnut pieces to secure the old-style s-hook inside the doll's head in place of the Type 2 neck connector piece.

17. That's the one. That little piece tha tlooks like a dial at the top of the neck is the neck connector piece.

You have a Type 1 body with El hands. (There's no such thing as "Type 2 hands"... The new bods use the same hands as the old ones. You can switch them around without any trouble at all.)

A Type 2 body would be a better fit for a Nanuri, but you *could* use that one.

You see that little resin piece right under the s-hook? That's the doughnut piece I was talking about above. You take that off, slip the s-hook through the neck hole of the head, and then slide that piece back on, right under the s-hook, inside the doll's head. The s-hook will rest on the doughnut, and hold the doll's head on. ^_^

I'd recommend getting a second little doughnut to slip on top of the first, just to make things a little more secure and stable... the Luts site sells them under "optional parts" . They only cost about a dollar, IIRC.

If having your guy on a Type 1 bod was going to be a long-term thing, you could even file off the raised bit on the inside of the head to make the doughnuts sit more evenly. He wouldn't be able to work as well with a Type 2 bod after that, though, so it would be a point-of-no-return kind-of thing.

18. Oops sorry BrightFires. :sweat Only having on cp boy and remember what i read in certain threads thats what i wrote...cant experiment if i only have one sd. :sweat Thanks for clearing it up though! :D

19. No worries. It's not the easiest thing to explain without having the pieces there in front of you to look at. ^_^

Putting Type 1 guys on Type 2 bods does work better than putting Type 2 guys on Type 1 bods, but either arrangement definitley can be done.

20. bumping this, I'd love any info on the differences between the old and new girl bodies :)