1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Delf Type 1 vs. Type 2 vs. Type 3 Bodies Discussion (head swapping info here too)

Aug 8, 2006

1. How exactly would you go about putting a type 1 head on a type 2 body?

I'm getting a VDES head for Christmas, you see, and I'm not yet sure if they come in type 2. I really want her on a type 2 body.. *__* No torso joint! Big boooobs! >D

2. I want a Yder very badly, and the only reason I haven't yet is that I'm holding out hope for a Type 2 option at some point. (I think I'm doomed.)

But I had'nt heard about chipping necks on tan dolls! @_@ I have a Dec. 05 tan El and if his neck cracked I would totally keel over and die.

FWD - not sleeping anymore.

3. Can anyone who has delt with both of these body types please give me the pros and cons of each. I am trying to decide weather to get a Type 1 with the S-hook or the new quick switch set up.

I am so torn, I can buy a type 2 now and get a free Juri head and the get my beloved Dark Elf Soo head in the coming year with a type 2 set up. Or get my Soo now and then ghetto rig the Juri head and any future Luts heads I may buy onto the type one body.

Please help me make up my mind!

~~~~~
      Edit?
      Hummm... someone moved my post here. It had been a new thread and now its here? Well, I got the info I need so it's all good now:sweat

4. What is the difference? It's on the list of choices when you order, and you have to choose, but...
      What makes the body "old" or "new"?
      Just wondering.

5. New bodies, or type 2 bodies, have the 'easy off' head mechanism. *heh* Look at the last pic here. Old, or type 1 bodies, just have an s hook instead of that neck piece. The new type heads (Moon, Dambi, Juri '06, etc) all are made specifically for the mechanism, and also can be used on either boy or girl type 2 bodies, which is not true for type 1 bodies (differing neck sizes between boys and girls)

They've started making their older dolls with the mechanism now, as well, but give you the option to choose since some people don't like the new mechanism, and prefer the older s-hook style.

6. (i am from hk, so my english may not be that good XD" hope u don't mind XD")
      K, back to what i wanna ask, i am planning to buy Luts' EL Special, and i want to buy one more boy body for the EL dreaming head. I know that there are 2 ver. about the body.
      i don't know which one is better buy and i wanna ask what differences do they have. (eg. one can "self-stand" better, or one can fit the head better?)
      Thx for reading :aheartbea
      and hope someone can help me out >v<:fangirl:

7. BUMP >"<
      could anyone help me >"<"?

8. I think the only difference between the boy type 1 and type 2 body is the neck piece. The neck piece has the S hook in it so that its not attatched to the head cap and it has a locking mech that locks into the bottom of the head. From the photos Ive seen of the two bodies that seems to be the only difference. Ive heard that the because of the mech for the type 2 bodies that it causes the necks to crack easily due to the strain put of it if strung too tightly. But the upside is that its easier to remove headcaps to change out the eyes. So its really up to your preference.

And maybe someone else can add to this.

9. Type 2 body is a bit shorter as well. I've played with both and own both. The type 2 is far easier to swap heads around with that twist off headcap and the one turn neck piece. Also without the Shook in the way it's easier to place the eyes ;) and unexpected added bonus.

otherwise there isn't much difference.

10. Um... so may be i will get the type 2 body XD~~~ (It seems better as it will not damage easily (? XP))
      Thx for ur help ^^
      you guys are really nice >v<

11. TYPE 2.

I HATE the S hook with a firey passion. Love to the neck piece. Plus, the type two bodies are smaller and lighter.

As with the strain on the neck piece, I've only ever heard of that on the CP tan dolls.

It makes it easier to change eyes and heads and such. I also think it makes it easier to restring, but that's just my opinion.

12. Personally I much prefer the Type 1 with the S-hook! XD

But yeah, it doesn't matter which you choose - you can choose to get the El-Special type 1 or type 2 now, right? Just pick which one you think is best for you and get a corresponding extra body to make life easier :D

13. So I'm saving up for an El, and I was just wondering what the difference was between the two boy body types, and which one people prefer. Thankies. :)

14. The difference is in the neck mechanism that holds the head on. The neck on type 2 bodies just have this little knob that you turn once you slide the head over to hold it on. The knot for the elastic is inside the neck instead of inside the head.

Type 1 heads are not compatible with type 2 bodies if you want one of the older LEs, and vice versa.

Stupid CP/Luts, ruining my dreams, making me buy a whole Breakaway. :|

15. I actually perfer type one. Just me though.

16. Yeah, I've heard things about the neck cracking on the type two body, and that kind of concerns me...
      So there's not really much of a difference between the old and new bodies except for the neck mechanism, is that right?

17. A couple of things...

- Type 2 boy bods can be restrung without the neck piece and work perfectly well with Type 1 heads. The neck diameters are the same for Type 1 and Type 2 boys, so all you have to do is replace that bit with an s-hook and you're good to go.

- Type 2 boy bods average a cm or so shorter than the average Type 1. (But, given that Type 1 bods can vary a fair bit in height, it's not really a sure way to get one CP boy that's shorter than another-)

- *All* of the neck-cracking incidents that have been reported here on DoA, as well as all of the ones that I've heard about from elsewhere, have occurred with TANNED resin dolls. So far there haven't been any reported problems with the necks on Type 2 NS or white resin dolls.

18. Okay, thanks. The neck thing's good to know.
      Now, on the Luts website, you can select either body type for the EL. Does that mean there's a type 1 and a type 2 head, as well? Or do both body types fit fine without having to remove the neck piece? :? :doh

19. No... They'll match. If you order Type 1, both will be Type 1. If you order Type 2, both will be Type 2. They have both sorts of heads. ^_^