1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Delf Type 1 vs. Type 2 vs. Type 3 Bodies Discussion (head swapping info here too)

Aug 8, 2006

1. Wow, thank you so much! You seem very knowledgeable:abow:! So is hot-gluing the suede hard/messy to do?

Also, I'm not sure if I am talking about the type1 or type2 bodies since I've only heard them to be called "new" and "old" type bodies for Luts, and I haven't even heard there was a type3!

If you can't tell already by my (dumb:sigh) questions, I am trying to decide between the old or new model for my first BJD! I was worried about which one to choose. Do you know if Luts will be phasing out the old type bodies and stop making them altogether?

I'm sorry, I'm bombarding you with these questions.

2. Hopefully I'm posting this in the right forum. :sweat

I'm fairly sure that, when I have the funds, I want to get a Dreaming Lishe. But there are a few questions I have concerning ordering her.

First, under the options, it gives you the option to get the "new" or "old" body type. What does this mean? Is it how the head would attach to the body?

Also, I'm not sure if I like the mature body, but reading the thread concerning less busty Lishes, someone mentioned something about Lishe heads not being able to connect to the girl type body anymore. Is this true? Is there a way around this?

Thank you for any help you may be able to give me. I hope I made sense. xD

3. Hi! I just ordered myself a lovely Lishe and I went through these same questions and conerns! The Old Body is according to other Lishe owners, and various pics in random threads around here, taller, has a longer neck and utilizes a different type of connector for the head. The New body has a much easier neck connector, like a snap on type, and also has the joint in the waist and not the torso. I am not sure about whether or not the Lishe can connect to the girl bodies, I'm assuming they can if you select old body type but don't quote me on that. I think the Old body looks more mature than the new mature body though...Personally, I just love the Older body, it's so shmexy! lol!
      I hope this helped, if not try this thread, it's a database for Lishe. http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27884

4. Thank you! I've been through the Lishe database tons, but I suppose I should pay more attention to their types! I'm hoping I can connect a girl body if I choose the old body type - but if not, it's not a huge deal.

5. Hi! I just ordered a Lishe myself. I got it with the new type of body (type 2) with the new easier neck system. I wanted the new body so that the free Juri 07 head I was getting could be used in the same body too. The body my Lishe came with has a joint in the torso, unlike said here before. It's not the same body Luts has in the "option part" section under "Mature type 2". The joint is in the same kind as in "options parts" Mature type body. Seems like you can only get this type 2 body with the joint in the torso by ordering the whole doll.

6. Yesterday I was checking out if there's something new in Luts. And so I wonder - what's the difference between Delf Body Type 1 and Body Type 2?? O_O I'd love to buy one of them, but I've never ordered doll bodies from Luts. Who knows - does it come already assembled?? And would Dolkot White Kiss head be okay for that body? I'd like Mira's body to be like Fable's one, so wanna get it from Luts.:)
      I'd be grateful if anyone could clear up the situation. :lol: Thanks!!

7. Hm, okay, seems like I want to choose "old type" when I order my head, then. Thank you!

8. I only have Type 2 bodies, so I could be wrong on this. But I seem to remember the only major difference is in the neck/head connection. Type 2 the head sits on top of the neck and a piece rotates to lock it in place. The Type 1's the head is held on by the string that runs up to the hook in the headcap. Type 2 seem a lot more convenient.

9. Ohh, thanks so much, Jinnai!!!:aheartbea That's very helpful!!!:)
      So it'll be assembled, yeah??

10. Yes. When you get a CP bod, they're put together and ready to go. ^_^

11. Cool!!! *^_^* Thank you very much, Brightfires!!! :aheartbea That's great!!!
      Now just hope Dolkot head will be okay for it...:lol:

12. I think type 1 has longer legs too, at least it seemed that way.

13. Really?? O_O I should check it out... Thanks!!

14. From what I've heard, type 1's *tend* to be a bit taller than type 2's. But they can vary a bit from batch to batch.

15. That's quite okay. :) I understand.*^^*

16. A little bump. =3

17. Now I'm worried! LOL! So the Mature type 2 DOES have a torso joint and the only difference between the two is the neck system? Or are there other differences. I asked someone in the Lishe Forums and she told me that she had the old mature and the new mature and that her new mature had a much easier neck system but did not have the joint in the torso, but in the waist.....

18. emsinnot: I guess there's actually 3 different kind of bodies, old type, new type with the joint in the waist and new type with the joint in the torso. I'm confused by the bodies too. When I ordered my Lishe with the new body I actually thought I was going to get a body with the joint in the waist. And when I got the doll I was first sure I've gotten the wrong body because the joint was in the torso. I didn't even know they had this kind of bodies. I don't really know if there's other difference between the bodies than the neck part. I only have this only Lishe and it's the only SD I've ever seen.

keebruja: Have you tried asking about the old type head/girl body thing from Luts on their Q & A? The question sounds so tricky that Luts might be the only one to know the answer.

19. If you get an "old type" dreaming Lishe head, it will fit on the small bust body. They both use the same s-hook setup and have the same neck size. Its the new type heads that wont fit on the samll bust body.

(Ack... I'm under my husband's username :doh)

20. Thank you so much! This makes me very happy. =3