1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Delf Type 1 vs. Type 2 vs. Type 3 Bodies Discussion (head swapping info here too)

Aug 8, 2006

1. From what I understand now, when you order a whole Lishe and choose "New" under body type, you will get a doll with the new neck system, but also get the joint in the torso. When you order Mature Type 2 under the option parts, the body will have the new neck system, but the joint will be in the waist. Now if you order the original mature body, the joint will be in the torso as well. So, the only way t you get a doll with a joint in the waist instead of torse, is if you order Type 2 Mature under the option parts.

Ahahaha, I hope that all made sense. I got a bit confused writing it, myself.

2. keebruja>>

old type mature body: has torso joint, no waist joint. s-hook neck mechanism.
      new type mature body: no torso joint, has waist joint (basically like the boy body but with boobs and girl body proportions). twist-n-turn neck mechanism.

the new type girl bodies apparently have larger neck circumferences since the male and female heads are interchangeable. therefore, the assuption is that the old type lishe head will have a neck hole that might be too small and need widening if you intend to put it on the new type body.

the old type heads are generally not as gender-changeable as the new type ones, since the neck circumferences are different. but if you're getting it as a full doll, no matter which type you get, the head will fit the body, because the head will be made with the mechanism to match the body (since you can't choose one type for the head and another type for the body).

hope that helps!!

3. I have a few questions about this now.

Mind you, I've wanted a Yder since he had come out. I do not own a doll, yet. Actually, I intend on ordering him Thursday. Now that I have a job, I can get one. -Is only Eighteen-

So, I have a few questions.

Which should I get for body type. One, or two? I went through the pages looking for a thread and saw one, people saying one is easier for posing.. If the only difference is the neck joints for changing the head and such, should I stick to one? Since I'm hoping I'll never have to change his head. I'm one of those 'afraid to custom' girls.

4. As for the typ 1 and 2 thing. I have type 2s and really, the poseability thing isn't too much of an issue for me. a good friend of mine has a type 2 yder and his range of motion isn't really affected by the neck mechanism from what I can tell. I hear the type 1s are a little bit taller in general but either type of body will look about the same ^_^ it just depends on you, really.

and congrats on your first boy! yders are adorable

5. The first boy I wanted was actually a Chiwoo. But then the Yders came out and it was a must.

And when they made the Fairy land, I thought it was perfect since I always pictures Chiwoo as a younger, shorter boy. So I believe for my birthday, I shall be treating myself to a shine and a Chiwoo. But Shh, My parents don't know.

Well, Maybe I'll try out a type two. I've been around the delfs for years. My friend owns a Shiwoo, a Ani (Girl) and an El.

6. Agreed on all...

And there really aren't many differences in the posing between Type 1 and Type 2 guy bods. About the only difference I've run into is that the Type 2s have a slightly more limited range of head motion. It's not bad, though, and in all other ways, their posing is the same. ^_^

7. The heads scare me. I know at one point in time I'll try to move the head more. Haha. It's okay. Something that costs so much and that I know I'll love so much, I don't think I'll be doing anything stupid.

I just know I'll be taking a lot of pictures.
      Good. :3 Thank you all! I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of pictures, especially when I first get him. I'm slowly thinking of names.

8. I don't know if what i am about to ask is off topic or just plain old silly (as I dont yet own a doll), but would you be able to use the type 2 body and new neck mechanism with heads from other companies without removing the twist portion? Does it make a difference whether it is type 1 or 2 when taking this into consideration?

(specifically, a volks school a head?)

9. The type 2 twisting mechanism, does NOT work with any other doll heads. You would have to completely take off the neck-piece, basically making it a type 1 body. The twisting mech is the only big difference between the two. So it would save time just getting a type 1 body. :)

As for my opinion on the two, I like Type 1 one. The type 2 neck pieces make changing the head much easier, but gives it less head movement, and sometimes the heads wobble a bit if the fit isn't perfect. With type 1s, it requires clamps and stuff to get the head on, but it can do a wider range of movement.

I think type 2s are good for people do take the heads off alot. :)

10. For my Wednesday I got an old Type body. I prefer the torso joint because I think its sexier for poses and looks curvier. Though I am not looking forward to the S-hook and the donut @_@;; the new neck system is so much easier but I though the torso joint was a lot more important!

11. I know this must have been asked a million times but out of frustration with the search feature not giving me any results, I'll ask it again:

Can a CP Delf type 2 head be put on a type 1 body? Will it fit - can it be rigged and if so, how.

Reason being that I need to get a CP girl body for my Miyu head but don't like the type 2 mature sculpt. I would like the girl type 1.

Thanks!

12. Here's the general, all-purpose run-down...

Type 1 girl heads will fit on Type 1 Mature or Type 1 Regular Girl bodies.

Type 2 girl heads will fit on Type 2 Mature Girl bodies, Type 2 Boy Bodies, or re-strung Type 1 Boy bodies.

Type 1 boy heads will fit on Type 1 Boy bods, re-strung Type 2 Boy bods, or re-strung Type 2 Mature Girl bodies.

Type 2 boy heads will fit on Type 1 Boy bodies, Type 2 Boy bodies, or Type 2 Mature Girl bodies.

13. Thanks for the info Brightfires.

What is it about the Type 2 girl head that fits on the type 1 boy body and not the type 1 girl body - neck size or something else? Do they not fit on the type 1 girl body at all??

14. The Type 1 girl bods have really, really narrow necks compared to the Type 2 girls... The Type 2 girl head might sit on top of the neck, thanks to the way the neck hole is constructed to hold the one-touch neck piece, but the inset on the bottom of the head around the hole will still be a lot wider than the neck, leaving a pretty big gap. It looks... odd. Boy heads put on Type 1 girl bods have the same problem.

15. Thanks so much. That is all I needed to know. I guess I'll have to settle for the type 2 - :ablah:

16. Is a Chiwoo Dreaming Vampire Head type 1 or type 2? I'm not sure which body he can use o.o

17. This may be a stupid question,but would a Type 1 CP Dark Elf Soo head fit a Delf Type 2 or 3 body?:)

18. Hello to all dolly owners out there! :3

Can anyone please tell me the difference between Lut's new and old type bodies? It's an option that comes under make up when you want to order the doll. Another thing- Luts dolls arrive assembled already right? -___-

Lastly, anyone with particularly bad experiences with Lut's bodies? I've heard their kicky legs can get one really irritated. What do y'all think?

Help is much appreciated! ^___^
      Thanks!

19. Yes, they arrive assembled. New body type (type 2) does not look any different from the old type but it's a bit shorter and has a neck mechanism which is supposed to make restringing easier. Old type heads are not compatible with new type bodies and vice versa.

I personally don't own a CP body but there are plenty of threads about them, just try to search for 'luts body', 'delf body' or something similar^^

In these two they discuss the differences between the new and old type bodies:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154796&highlight=luts+new+old+body

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61709