1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Denverdoll Feedback (ALL)

May 10, 2006

1. * What did you order?
      Eyes, Leekeworld wig, eye putty, and silicone wig caps

* When did you order?
      April 2, 2021

* How was the communication?
      No special communication was needed for this order beyond standard email confirmations.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Used paypal - super easy

* How long did it take to ship?
      I am local, so I picked my order up the next day. I called when I arrived at the store, and they brought it out to my car. The store is not open to public right now, but they do curbside delivery.

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      Everything was fine.

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      No problems!

* Would you order from this company again?
      Of course! I ordered my first Fairyland dolls, Miwa and Alan, from them.

2. * What did you order?
      First order: Doll Leaves Teenage Dreams Betty
      Second Order: Two pairs of acrylic eyes.

* When did you order?
      I preordered the Doll Leaves Teenage Dreams Betty in August 2020.
      Ordered the eyes on April 20, 2021.

Communication wasn't needed.

Easy, just paid with card.

I was quoted a nine month wait for the Doll Leaves pre-order, but the week after I had ordered her Denver Doll got a whole shipment of dolls from Doll Leaves and shipped out my doll!
      The eyes I ordered shipped to me the same day, April 28th.

Nope!

I would definitely order from them again. Already eyeballing a Little Monica Tommy and some more eyes!

3. This is just a general review since I've used DDE numerous times - I've used them to order my Minifee Maya, a Minifee Sircca, two minifee mirwens, a minifee klaus, and I currently have two minifees on layaway + a preorder doll-leaves body, ben and louis heads, and I've bought an in-stock doll-leaves Ida, Lan, 5stardoll Alyssa, and Minifee Renda. All-in-all I've bought about 12 dolls from them.

What did you order?

I've bought many things from DDE; specifically minifee and doll leaves related.

When did you order?
      First order was the Minifee Maya Russian bride preorder fullset, many dolls since.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy; when I bought Maya, it was before the website revamp, which would involve you having to email them if you wanted to pay early via paypal. Now things are a lot more streamlined through their website, it's a very easy interface to use.

How long did it take to ship?
      Preorders have taken variable times; in-stock items have always shipped in a few days.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, though DDE doesn't really control the prices of the dolls too much lol.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes

Additionally, I've also had damage incurred on one of the items I bought. When I preordered a Doll Leaves Louis, when he eventually came in, he ended up coming to me with ear damage - his elf ear was snapped clean off. I contacted DDE about what we could do, and they offered me a replacement (but I would have to wait for doll leaves and, at that point, I had already waited 8 months or so, so I wasn't really keen on waiting longer), so I asked if they would be okay with me returning the damaged Louis head and getting credit towards the layaway I had going towards my Minifee Klaus. I just paid return shipping at my own cost which I was fine with/expected. DDE has also helped me with plenty of other things and have always been kind towards me and very quick to respond to emails. I'd definitely recommend them, especially for Fairyland-related purchases.

4. I want to start by saying I had said I wouldn't order from them again after previous wig hiccups but decided to give them a second chance by ordering an in-stock doll. I felt it was unfair to base my opinion on the company's service off of a few wigs only. This is an order I placed because they had in stock heel feet and I realized my doll did not come with them. As the doll is a full set she is on layaway for a few months to cushion the blow of her pricing and test out their layaway system so I can give more accurate feedback on the pros and cons of the dealer service.

* What did you order?
      Feeple65 parts: the high heeled feet and handset no. 12 in Natural resin

* When did you order?
      Placed the order on September 18th (they were in stock)

There was no communication other than autogenerated confirmation of order and shipping information

It was effortless to pay through PayPal

Items were in stock and a shipping label was generated the same day. It updated the next day with movement and arrived today (3 days later) on the 21st.

No, nothing was broken or missing as far as I can tell.

There were no issues with the order.

I do have another order I plan on paying off next month but I am hesitant to say I would order again from them until after that. The service this time was fast and efficient but I am noticing discrepancies when it comes to shipping. I was charged 11.08 for shipping when the box shows they only paid 8.45 for the flat rate small shipping box it was put in. I will say this package had a little bubble wrap and a piece of tissue paper (upon inspection it was truly a single piece of tissue paper). However, the objects inside were still able to rattle around and there was nothing in between the hands/feet to keep them from knocking into each other inside of their plastic bags. Seeing as the postal service handles things rather roughly lately (the box was dented dramatically in several places) I would have felt better with a more secure internal package. Only a few months ago I paid 8.55 for the exact same box to be used to mail heavier/more items (doesn't truly matter because the box is prepaid for up to 70lbs) so I am uncertain why the price increase in shipping for fewer items using the exact same prepaid box and a bit of bubble wrap and one piece of tissue paper. The tissue paper was supposed to cushion/be packing material for HALF of the box but it was visible that during transit the tissue paper had crumpled/flattened. I do not order from dealers often, but when I have everything has always been mummified/individually protected and the box is usually stuffed with paper/packaging so I was a little surprised. Again, this is not enough for me to complain to the dealer directly but I do want to let others considering ordering from them know the condition of the package and the odd difference in pricing for the same box. The baggies of hands/feet were wrapped in the bubble wrap loosely (as if they made a pocket of bubble wrap, put them inside, and taped it shut) but they could rattle inside of the bubble wrap as well. For those who might say "USPS increased their pricing", I still have the box with the wigs upstairs and both boxes were priced at $ 8.45.

5. * What did you order?
      Fairyland Alan and Miwa fullset

* When did you order?
      March 25, 2021

Denver Doll Emporium has always responded to emails within a day. One note about ordering the Fairyland dolls - Denver Doll doesn't sit on your order. They get the order in right away, so you need to make sure that you are 100% confident about the order you are placing before you place it. I ordered on March 25, and contacted Denver Doll on March 29 to see if I could add the Miwa bunny legs to my order, and they had already placed my order. You cannot edit your order after you place it. Not a complaint at all - just a heads up to other indecisive people like me.

Used paypal - super easy, and I used the 6 months layaway.

I am local, so I picked my order up when it arrived. It arrived September 14, 2021.

Everything was fine.

No problems!

Absolutely! I've purchased a few wigs, an in stock fullset Fairyland vampire fox, and some accessories from Denver Doll. I will be placing an order for the new Fairyland Alice fullset with them as well.

6. * What did you order?

Resinsoul Ya in Light Tan, JinSun wig 6/7, 6/7 wig cap, Designed by DDE MSD leggings & cardigan & short sleeved tee & long sleeved tee, MSD socks

* When did you order?

September 23, 2021

Good! I had to arrange local pickup, and the staff were responsive and polite in our emails back and forth.

Very. Used PayPal!

I'm local and everything was in stock so it was ready immediately! I picked it up that Saturday.

Nope! The only issue is that there are very faint and shallow scratches on the doll's faceup. Doesn't bother me very much.

For convenience's sake, yes. I might not do local pickup again. The staff weren't particularly friendly in person. Could've just been the day though.

7. What did you order?
      Minifee Hwayu blank w/ face up

When did you order?
      October 2021

How was the communication?
      Really good! Kept up to date on my order.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very simple and not complicated at all!

I ordered on a weekend, and it was shipped to me within 3 days once the weekdays rolled around.

Yes! Hwayu is my dream doll and I am so glad I was able to get her when she was in stock at Denver Doll!

She looked much prettier than the sales pictures! I didn't think I'd like her faceup this much. Photos don't do her justice!

Very much so! She came packaged really well! The box was a bit dented and a bit roughed up, but the doll itself was completely fine. I am so happy and will likely order from them again in the future!

8. What did you order?
      Angela Medusa Designer Complete, assorted wigs + clothes

When did you order?
      Sept 2021

Fantastic; very responsive through email.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy. As a note, I order accessories from Denver Doll occasionally--about half of the time, my credit card just does not work. Before I realized this was an issue on my end and just switched to paypal, the shopkeepers there were very nice and just sent me a paypal invoice afterward.

Turnaround was very quick--they always ship next business day. I had my Medusa within a week of purchase.

Yes. This is my first FL doll, and while she's definitely got some quirks I see the appeal now. While I'm not sure I'd purchase more for purely aesthetic reasons, I'm very, very impressed with the craftsmanship. I get why they're staples.

Yes, actually. There are a few touches that weren't apparent on the photos that stand out on the doll itself: she's got cute lil' curled eyebrows, and a necklace that matches her armor/gauntlets/etc.

Very much. All of my purchases with Denver Doll have been positive.

Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      Yes, and that's why if I suddenly need another FL doll, I'll order through Denver Doll exclusively. My Medusa came with a huge chip out of her right leg. I sent Denver Doll an email with a picture, and they ordered another leg ASAP. Sent it to me as soon as they had it. They even emailed me when it was in so I could place another order with a few wigs! This is the first time I've had a doll arrived damaged, and I wasn't sure what to expect, but this was a very reassuring experience.

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes, in a heartbeat. I wish more companies would partner up with them.

9. What did you order?
      Fairyland Medusa Designer Complete (Angela 2) In Natural Skin with event head (with face up).

When did you order?

I ordered an in-stock item for layaway in August paid off early in November

Being the first time I used the layaway system I was a little confused. The instructions read as if they will invoice you, I never received an invoice. I merely went into my account on their website and paid the pending orders.

How easy was it to pay?
      Paid using Paypal, effortless. When I e-mailed to pay the layaway off early they got back to me and I had paid it off within 24 hours

Once I paid off the items there was a shipping label generated the same day and it was scanned as dropped off within 24 hours

No, everything seems to be fine. I will admit I haven't moved the doll around/checked the inside of her joints yet though.

If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?

I am on the fence about this. As I mentioned in my previous reviews, there is an upcharge for shipping that I cannot seem to identify the cause of. I was charged 73.95 for this order in shipping alone. I CANNOT CONFIRM the actual price they spent shipping as the box does not have the price on the label. When I use the shipping calculator from the site they used (UPS) and put in the weight, dimensions, distances, etc I get a total of 52.00 if I select "handle with care, odd-shaped box". I will say the outer box was not from fairyland and there was paper inside of the outer box to fill in the gaps as well as some foam strips. The doll arrived safely, the package was decently packed, and overall I cannot complain but I feel as if there is a difference between what I was charged for shipping and what they would have paid. I used UPS to ship a guitar amp only a month ago, about the same distance, paying for them to pack it and I only spent 80 dollars (They charged for the box and multiple packing protection options not seen here, like form-fitting foam inserts that expand to fit the space between the item and the box). Again, I cannot say for certain what they spent on shipping, so I am not willing to say, without a doubt, that they overcharged me. However, I would probably try to order items I can get from other dealers/direct from the company as I typically do. Denver Doll Emporium might be a nifty in-stock purchase decision here and there, or if I live close enough to pick up in person, but I am not certain I will continue to order from this dealer on a consistent basis when shipping is involved as there is no way to track/check I am not being overcharged.

10. * What did you order?
      Fairyland Medusa

* When did you order?
      December 2020

Very good. DDE normally responds within 24 hrs excluding holidays and weekends.

Very easy. Used PayPal.

The doll came in a little less than 4 months. I picked her up at DDE.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes. High quality.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      The promotional pictures does not have shimmer on her face whereas there is shimmer on the face in person. I don’t mind at all because it could be the lighting effect.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      100% yes.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

Yes. Been ordering from DDE ever since I got in this hobby years ago.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      DDE does not carry second hand products.

11. I've made three orders from DDE in the past 6 months, so I'll put them all as one review separated by order.

* What did you order?
      1) Two 5/6" Leekeworld wigs, in stock
      2) Aimerai Syou Mao full set doll, in stock
      3) One 7/8" Leekeworld wig, in stock

* When did you order?
      1) Aug 1
      2) Aug 16
      3) Nov 26

Great - I emailed some questions about orders 2 & 3 and got responses the next day that were very helpful.

Very, I used Paypal through their site.

1) Shipped the next day (Aug 2), arrived in a week (Aug 9). (I live in the middle of nowhere so this is typical for shipping.)
      2) Shipped the next day (Aug 17), arrived two days later (Aug 20).
      3) Shipped the next day (Aug 27), arrived in a week (Dec 4).

Nope

No real problems, but they always answered my questions fully and kindly. With the doll I ordered, her feet were on the wrong legs and being my first doll I emailed DDE about it - they were super sweet and told me they'd tell the company about the QA but also wrote out exactly how I could switch them back and that it would be easier than I thought, lol. With the most recent order, I had thought they sent me the wrong tracking number, but they said that it was a USPS issue where tracking numbers weren't showing as being recycled, and assured me my item was shipped.

Yes! And I'm sure I will, haha.

Edit: forgot to mention, but I got a gift pair of pretty eyes (resin? not sure the brand) with my most recent order, which I really appreciate!

12. two for one special!

* What did you order?
      Resinsoul Yao on a Rong body, jointed hands. Doll Chateau Dora (in stock)

* When did you order?
      My Yao was ordered September 2020. My Dora on January 2021.

There was no direct comunication, but all my orders went off without a hitch.

it was all Paypal, so super easy.

My resinsoul took until febuary to ship. My Dora, once the layaway was finished, shipped in march.

Nothing was missing or broken. However the jointed hands were constructed impropery and thus are unusable.

I didn't contact them abotu the issue. And by this point its far far to late to do so.

Yes!

13. * What did you order?
      In-Stock Dollzone Cyborg Ji-Zero

* When did you order?
      November 2021

Really good! It was only my second time ordering a doll and she had gotten stuck in Los Angeles for a while with the influx of Christmas mail and they always answered promptly to reassure me everything was fine and offered to contact USPS.

Very easy, I paid for her in pull with PayPal.

They sent it out within the next two days after ordering, took about two months to get here only because of Christmas.

None at all!

My doll got stuck for a bit and they were always reassuring and offered to contact USPS. They were very kind and patient with how much I emailed them!

Definatly! My favorite dealer I've dealt with so far!

14. * What did you order?
      1: Doll Leaves Lan, Dollmore’s Black Kimono, one of their MSD Basics kits, and a pair of eyes from Idoleyes
      2: A pair of leggings from Dollmore, one of their house brand shirts, a wig from Leekeworld, and a silicone wig cap
      * When did you order?
      First order was early Jan. 2022, second in early February
      Wonderful! I had no problems when emailing them and they were very clear about the situation with my doll
      Very easy, I paid in full, so I didn’t have to worry about any layaway terms or anything.
      My first order came astonishingly fast, once it was actually shipped out it came in less than 12 hours! It was shipped through UPS and I live less than two hours away from the store, so I guess they just drove it straight there lol. My second order took a tiny bit longer since it was through USPS, but still came in around three days, which is plenty fast.
      Nope!
      With my first order, I originally ordered Lan in the white skin tone, but I received an email the next day from them informing me that the last Lan head they had in white had unfortunately been cracked beyond repair. They offered me to either get the normal skin tone, choose another face sculpt, have them order it as a preorder, or get a full refund. They were very apologetic about the whole thing and were super nice. I ended up choosing to get the normal skin tone which I don’t regret, I think the white might have been hard to blush for a beginner like me!
      Well, clearly since I already have ordered twice in a month from them, yes! Next time I’m in Denver I want to swing by their physical store, I feel lucky to be so close to one of the biggest suppliers in the country but unfortunately I can’t just go there regularly to pick up orders since it’s a four hour round trip!

15. * What did you order?
      1: Minifee Ria, blank
      2: Minifee Alan, NS fullset with faceup
      3. Minifee El, NS blank + alternate blank El head
      4. Minifee Sircca, Tan, blank

* When did you order?
      1. July 2021
      2. November 2021
      3. May 2022
      4. May 2022

Excellent. Clear emails detailing shipping for my orders.

Easy. Simply paid with credit card in full for each order.

1. 4 days
      2. 4 days
      3. 4 days
      4. 4 days

No

N/A

100% will be ordering again from DDE. Highly recommend.

16. * What did you order?
      In-stock Dream Valley Rita Mantis doll
      In-stock clothing, eyes, hands, and feet - various companies
      * When did you order?
      Multiple orders between March 26, 2022 and July 15, 2022
      Wonderful. Seller was prompt in replies - although I was sad when they replied on a Saturday. Take your weekends off, folks.
      Very easy. Seller offers PayPal, gift cards, or online merchant services (credit or debit card payment processing).
      Layaways are delightful. Denver Doll sets up payments as separate invoices that you can log into your account and pay early. If you want to pay your layaway off in full early, just email them, and they are happy to combine your payments.
      From payment to shipping notice was generally one business day. From shipping notice to receipt was two to three business days.
      No - but there were often free gifts! The gummy pizza was... odd, but quite tasty!
      N/A
      Absolutely. I have to avoid their clearance section. It calls to me...

17. What did you order?
      Dream Valley Abu (in stock)

When did you order?
      Nov 25th, Friday

Excellent; I received order confirmation, shipping confirmation with tracking number, and order delivered email.
      Was very happy with the information they provided each step of the ordering process.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, via paypal

In stock item; shipped the same day I ordered! Took 5 days to arrive.

Nope, everything was packaged well and there was no damage to either the box or the item and all pieces were accounted for.

N/A

Yes, I will not hesitate to order from them again.

18. What did you order?
      Minifee Lookback Shiwoo in tan, extra hands
      When did you order?
      June 03, 2022 (on layaway, which I paid off in July)
      Not necessary, so good!
      How easy was it to pay?
      Extremely
      3 months (Sept 26, 2022)
      No, but there was a few unfortunate seam/mold lines, including one on the back of the hand. That's not Denver Doll's fault, though.
      N/A
      Absolutely, and I have!

19. My guess about the price discrepancy with the shipping is that the extra $2.63 is probably some sort of “handling” fee? I run an Etsy store and in your store options you can set up a “handling” fee (which is supposed to be mostly just paying for the labor that packing the order took you), it gets lumped in as shipping costs and the buyer is not made aware there is a separate handling fee. That’s my best guess. Though that’s a weird handling fee, and perhaps it’s percentage based? Hmmm …

20. A general review, so it's not very nicely sorted, sorry!

I love shopping from DenverDoll. I don't do preorders with them (I prefer to go direct to the artist) but whenever I buy things from them (clothes, wigs, eyes, their EXCELLENT garage sales this summer!!) they always come quickly and neatly packaged! When there's an issue with my order (like something's just gone out of stock or something's damaged, etc) they always email me promptly and offer me several different solutions. (They also include really weird candy sometimes, which I add to my student prize box and is always very popular. Shout out to the gummy pizza two seventh graders argued over!)

This specific review is about a garage sale purchase I made, actually! I bought a Doll Leaves in-stock body in white. One of the hands on the original body had broken beyond repair and then I think Doll Leaves sent the wrong style of hands to replace it? So the bodies were sold from the final sale garage sale with the wrong style of hand, hehe. (Imagine boy doll with the feminine hand sculpt.) Well, for me... the second pair of hands was ALSO broken in a way that was, sadly, also irreparable. Since the item was final sale, I tried to replace it on my own, but couldn't find a pair of Doll Leaves hands OR a pair of compatible hands. I emailed DenverDoll hoping they would be able to facilitate me purchasing a new pair of hands from Doll Leaves on my own (since, again, final sale body with a known issue, even if it wasn't THIS issue). Instead, Shannon mailed out a replacement hand for me that day! It's not here yet, but I am *really* impressed with DenverDoll as a company. Great customer service and great selection!