1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DF (Doll Family) Tiny doll discussion thread

Aug 27, 2010

1. That's probably a good idea, kurogane. DF-A tinies do appear to have large heads. But he is 33cm, which is pretty tall for a tiny. Most tinies usually run about 26cm.

Kyo is a great name for him! :thumbup

BTW, who is that cute little cat in your Avatar?

2. The cutie in my avatar is a hybrid between a Paper Sakura fox head and a Dikadoll Mianmian body. His name is Pip.

Keeping this on topic, finding wigs has been difficult for me. I've learned they don't always look like the pictures when you get them home, lol. :doh

3. He's adorable! What a darling little face! (Sorry I called him a cat. I guess the large ears should have been the giveaway. :?)

And, just to stay on topic, here's another picture of DF-H's Zhu Yu and Zhi Ling. (I ship these two so hard!:aheartbea)

[​IMG]

4. Rabbit-moon Well, just keep spamming them, as they are sooooo cute! I'm enjoying them!

Ah, six weeks, that's so short! Doesn't seem possible, lol. :dance

5. Since some of the people here seem to have the dolls I'm asking about, I hope it's ok to ask here.

I'm thinkign I'm going to get 2 little 26cm Doll Family-H dolls as soon as I save up my money. I told my mother and she is basically as excited as I am and wants to make some little sweaters for when they arrive. However I can't find all the measurements anywhere.

So I'm wondering, could anyone here help me out? I need torso length, leg length, hand width, around the arm, and maybe the with of the feet, as she might want to make slippers.

Thank you so much in advance if you can help me! : D

#105 skyf, Oct 10, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    6. My DF-A Hu Xiaodao has finally arrived at my mail store! I can't pick him up until Thursday as our main road is being worked on and I don't want to wait thirty minutes each direction while it's being paved.:vein I have to go to town Thursday, so now the hassle will be worth it! I'm so excited to see him!! :dance

I didn't even get a tracking number, so I asked Alice and she said he had been shipped. Actually, I like getting the tracking number the day the package arrived, no biting nails waiting for it to show up, lol. ;)

7. @skyf Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, I haven't been in this thread since August. I found some measurements for the 26cm doll. I got the measurements off of Alice's Collection site. They didn't have the foot width, hand width, or arm girth. Maybe someone who has a doll can measure theirs. Mine is the 33cm size.

Height is 26.5cm
      Head girth 17cm
      Neck girth 6cm
      Shoulder width 6 cm
      Chest 13cm
      Waist 12.5 cm
      Hips 14.5cm
      Arm length 10cm
      Foot length 3cm

8. oooh that's great news! :cheer

oh they're really cute :D

#108 elve, Nov 9, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    9. Yay! kurogane, that is awesome news! I am so looking forward to seeing your new boy!

Thank you elve! I really love my Chibi Buffy & Spike. And, I'm very impressed by how well engineered the 1/6 bodies are. The double-jointing really makes these little guys posable.

DF-H Zhi Ling
      [​IMG]

#109 Rabbit-moon, Nov 9, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    10. Here is my Hu Xiaodao! He is on the 33cm body. The head is SD sized! I think he is so cute. I am looking for some anime eyes that are similar to the one he came with as they match his face up so well. I think Volks has some in Apricot that will work.

[​IMG]Kyo by SD Hampton, on Flickr

11. Yay! Kurogane, he is so cute! I love more anime-style sculpts. :aheartbea

How's the body? Is he easy to pose? Does he stand well?

12. @Rabbit-moon He is strung kind of tight and wants to sit. He was that way in the box, lol. I'm hoping the elastics stretch a little. Other than that, the body is really nice. Finding clothes will be difficult as he is more like a msd that is very short. I'm using a 12" action figure Hakama set that was too big for yosd, but too small for msd. He can wear msd shoes. The 33cm is an odd size, but I really love the cute face. The head is SD sized and wears a 8/9 wig.

13. Wow! I guess he is an odd size, and I didn't realized his head was SD sized! I have a 30cm sized tiny, and clothes that fit have been an issue. :sweat

When you get a chance, it would be great if you posted some more photos of him. I'd love to see a close-up of his face. :D

14. Here is a close up of the face. I purchased a pair of apricot anime eyes. They are being shipped.

[​IMG]DF A Hu Xiaodao by SD Hampton, on Flickr

15. Thanks for the photo, kurogane! He's such a cutie! I love his anime-style sculpting! He's going to look awesome in his new anime eyes! Hope you share a photo when his new eyes come in.

So many companies have gone towards hyper-realism in their sculpts. But, I still love the original anime-style that I fell in love with when I first got into this hobby in 2006. :aheartbea

16. @Rabbit-moon Thank you! I too prefer the anime style. That's why when I saw Hu, I had to get him. I think any new dolls I add to my collection will be anthro or anime. Your dolls are so cute! :D

17. Thank you kurogane!

Looks like I'm back in the Doll Family Waiting Room, again!

I couldn't resist the Christmas promotion of 10% off on their tiny dolls. I ordered a Xia Ruo (girl). I think she's so cute, and I just love those little vampire teeth!

Oh well, hopefully, it won't be too long a wait.

[​IMG]

18. Oh @Rabbit-moon she is so cute! I hope your wait is short! Please share pictures when she arrives.

The anime eyes I ordered arrived and, phew, they look great. I was having a tough time choosing the color and size. I went with 20mm Volks in apricot that is actually a red orange color. They look good with the face up, but now I'm questioning the wig. I guess I'll have to re think it.

19. Thanks kurogane! I hope my wait isn't too long. But, isn't she cute? Not only are the little vampire teeth adorable, but those little elf ears are so darling and so delicate looking. I want to squee just looking at them! :XD::whee::chibi

Yay! Your anime eyes arrived! I'm so glad the size worked out! I would love to see a pix with your boy modeling his new eyes!

What is the problem with his wig? You don't like it now?

#119 Rabbit-moon, Dec 1, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    20. I'll take some pictures today, I think it will be less stormy, I hope.
      The wig is ok, now I think the red color is too dominant. I'll just keep looking for a wig that resembles the promo picture, or one I can make to look like it.

Is your new girl going to be a full set, or are you goring to do the face up and clothes yourself? DF A only does face ups, they don't do full sets -which is a shame. Does DF -H do fullsets?