1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did how many dolls you plan to have change?

Jun 26, 2008

1. I started into this thinking, one doll, one puki, and that would be enough for me.

But, man, I'm already looking to save up for 2 different volks girls, and a soom.

So yes, and I think, as many as I have, more will always be welcome, money affording ;3

2. i started with oh just one and by the time i had finished her bio it was 4 now its up to 6

3. I've only ordered my first one about a week ago, and that's all I'd planned on getting, and I meant it! That's why it took me so long to choose the right one.
      But I'm already totally obsessed (and admittedly loving it) and I've already found 3 more that I plan on getting, once the money comes in. It's a good thing I have so many jobs, right now! I think I'll only get one at a time, as long as I have money for them. I'd like to have at least one in each size, if not a boy and a girl for each..
      I'm in no rush to grow my family. :)

Envy_

4. Soom has convinced me I needed more than the 'just one' I was originally planning on, what with their wily... being brilliant and all of that.

5. When I first got into the hobby I thought I'd have a max of maybe five or six with seven being the limit. Oh how I wish that was still my limit cause it so isn't anymore. What now seems liek a lot to me is over 30 which would drive most people crazy if they knew that about me. But when I was first looking in the hobby I didn't know just how many companies there were out there so it makes sense that my limit would be so much lower.:sweat

And for the record this year, I have already bought two with another on the way and plans on buying probably two more this summer and another four by the end of the year. I'm on a bit fo a crazy spree but at least this is making me happy and I think that is what is important.

6. I don't think I was ever a "oh I need just one" person. From very early on I had a rather substantial list of dolls that I wanted, and a good half of them have stayed on the list (and I now either own them or I am planning to get them). I think I probably started off with planning to have about 8, and now I have 9 and am planning to have somewhere between 14-16 >.>

7. I'm trying to keep my crazy brain down to "maybe three," but it's looking like five before Christmas. Or nine. x0

8. yes It did... First I only wanted one. But then I wanted an SD.. so I got my second doll... I decided it would only be two... but.. now I have realized that I cant fully express myself with only 2 dolls (who have their own style) . I love a lot of things and like a lot of styles. Matt is the Goth boy and Wednesday the happy colourfull girl. But I also want a girly fashion girl to play with when I'm in a more girly mood.. and I also want a Cute and cuddly boy and.. @__@ blahh.. I need to be careful though. Im not one to sell my dolls. Ultimately I dont think my family will grow larger than 5. Though by that time I'll probably want 9 @_@

9. It was only going to be two, one of each gender. My X2 boy doll came with an extra head and I was able to make his girlfriend from that. I've since fallen in love with Shiwoo as well, and after seeing one in person, wanted him even more. He also looks similar to my favorite manga character. It's been a few months, but I've finally talked myself into it. So for now.. we're 2, and I have a floating head, and another in the mail and I'll get the DES head as well so.. who knows what I'll end up with >.> hah.

10. I've already changed my plan from 1 to 3, and my first has not arrived yet, though I might change my mind when I see how much room they demand. either that or buy some puki's

11. Originally, I wanted 3- the AoD Rao (Edison), a tinybear Bracken (Widget) and a batchix machina. I still don't have the machina. But then my hubby bought me a tinybear Moona (Twinkie) off of ebay as a surprise for me and I went and ordered a Bobobie sprite, who is unnamed and not arrived as of yet. So, by the time I get my Machina, I will have five. At least Machina doesn't need clothes! So many tiny bodies to sew for!

12. At first I had planned on getting just one doll... and now I'm in the process of saving up for my third! Heehee, they kinda take over your house after a while, don't they?

13. I'm currently satisfied with Takeru,
      but sometimes I feel like having one if lonely :sweat
      I want a tiny, SD and more MSDs *_*
      I currently have 2 more dolls I want >.<;

14. I actually never planned a number of dolls and I still don't. I have 3 at home, 3 on the way, a head that will get a body soon after, then two more dolls I know for sure I must have too. But that doesn't mean I plan to stop there, if I see a doll I like I will buy it.

15. Like many here, I only wanted one because I thought they were an awful lot of money for a doll that isn't even an antique (I used to collect antique dolls). I discovered DOA a little while after I bought my first doll, and pretty soon I bought another one. I have lots more now, with no end in sight, and I have stopped making plans.

16. I only wanted two to begin with... Nina and Ichigo. But then I wanted a guy. and then I wanted an SD size. and then I wanted a 70cm to top it off size wise. And then all control was lost .xDD

17. Well, considering that I originally thought I would only need 1... Yes, definitely. But once I got the second, I didn't do any more quantity plans. I have 10 now (had to count them mentally just now ;)

18. I originally wanted 6... then 13... then shortly after that I gave up counting. Someone asked me to name them all the other day and I could only remember about half.

I still find all of my gang fun though they are hard to manage at times. I have another 2 on the way. Woo! Dollie platoon.

19. It was going to be just Shi Shi and Xavier, then came the twins, then the baby, then Xavier wanted a wife, then I finally found Lucifer who might have been my first doll. Had I been able to pick only one, knowing everything I know now about their personalities, it honestly would be just Xavier, which still would have brought the twins who might have been sold so I could get...

There are at least two more who might come.

20. I originally wanted to stick with two... then two grew to four... Now I'm looking at 10 dolls tops XD