1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did how many dolls you plan to have change?

Jun 26, 2008

1. I've already ended up with three extras that were definitely not part of the original plan. The original plan may have also only been about four or five as well but that didn't last long. At this point, though, I've been content with the number I've set and that's been a constant for over a year now in terms of how many dolls I plan to end up with eventually.

I think I definitely realized I wanted at least one or two more girls was a big part of why my plans changed. That, and I wanted a doll not attached to any of my writings/art and just for the love of the sculpt to see what comes with that.

2. Yes! At first I wanted at the MOST two dolls.

Now I want at the LEAST 3-4

But its starting to look like...when I run out of room lol!

3. I thought I would never get one at all because BJD's are so expensive and I collect all types of dolls. However the lure of getting one from the Volks home in Japan on my recent trip was just too much. Now I don't know that I won't be beguiled into another eventually, I see many that I am really drawn to. All depends on the cost and how I am faring at the time. So Time will tell

4. That sums me up perfectly Lin!!

I was just gonna have one, then one with a friend. Then I wanted one in each size, and they of course each needed a friend. Then my favorite line of dolls discontinued a couple sculpts, so I had to have those "just in case", etc, etc.

Like Lin, I have stopped making plans. LOL

5. I planned to have two. Althought that is still the plan, I can't seem to decide between two girls, so I may end up getting both. But I don't like uneven numbers so I may need to buy a fourth one... *_* NO MORE THAN THAT! :sweat

6. I thought I only need one but now I'm getting another doll... XD

7. Well, I've never been a sleek, minimalist, "I need only one" person. I'm more of an "English cottage" type of person who loves having little unique treasures tucked everywhere. I've been collecting BJDs for a couple of years now and my collection has gone through some changes as I've made new discoveries about my dolls' story lines. But fortunately I've kept the numbers absolutely in my original range of 7-9. I may switch things around, occasionally sell some and buy new ones, but I've always stayed absolutely true to my vision of how many it would take to tell my tale.:)

8. Aw, that's such charming term! ;) I should embrace it too. I keep having those delusional ideas of keeping it minimalistic about things I fall in love with and I bet it's so much more fun admitting it from the start that it's not gonna be like that :lol:

9. EVERYTHING. that is all.

10. I originally planned to get one, maybe two. now I've got four and saving for number 5. XD

11. Oh heavens yes, my doll plans have definitely changed. I originally just wanted one. The idea was to just spoil him rotten. But that always seems to change, at least for most of the people I've met on here it does anyway. Blisdon is home, Soom Sard is still being waited on, and I also have a Migidoll Ryu head that has yet to arrive. Let's just say the wait for the first doll is hard! I ended up ordering all of them in about a month's time.

I still don't want to have a bunch of dolls though, simply for the fact that I wouldn't know what to do with them. I don't like to just sit my doll on a shelf somewhere to look pretty, I do things with them, take them places sometimes, have a little fun with them. If I have too many dolls, that would be too many to spread the love around on. I can't exactly lug 6-7 dolls around with me, so that affects my decision making when I buy them. I have a long doll wishlist, but most of them I know fully well I never plan to buy.

12. 2.. then 7... then... well ... i think it's 11 now :( When my imagination flows, the plans change!

13. I seem to realize that the trend here is : I ONLY WANTED ONE DOLL BUT I GOT A THOUSAND.

Now.. I think I'm the only one here that this is different for, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I originally wanted only one, then I got two, three, four, five... and I ended up with ten dolls. And then I found out that ten dolls was WAY TOO MANY, because I couldn't play with all of them. And I only had like four of five pairs of shoes for each (which wasn't enough), and only had like three or four outfits for each (which wasn't enough). So I ended up selling them.

I now happily have only five, and they all have at least fifteen outfits, and at least ten pairs of shoes. ^^ And they all get plenty of photo time. It's much happier here now that there are fewer dolls.

14. My bunch has changed several times. It started at just the one and then grew and shrank many times, from all the way up to five down to none at all. Now it's hovering at three. The boys I have planned now are strong characters and I do not see any real way to add more to the mix. Though admittedly, one came from the projected timing of ordering another's body and getting a gift head with it... lol

15. Yeah, pretty much. :lol:

16. One thing I know is I've never meant to have that many dollies around...
      So, yes, plans changed in time... :3

17. I hope to become that old doll lady someday with a room full of dolls. :lol: That may sound irresponsible, but I don't plan on it happening tomorrow. I just know that over the course of my life I'll still be buying these dolls so...well...I have 5 now, one head, and one on the way and it's been a little more than three years since I started saving for my first. Just think about ten years down the road! I know that it is in my capacity to love all of them. If I wasn't sure of that I wouldn't want as many, as it just wouldn't be fair. I say you can have as many dolls as you want as long as you can love every single one of them. :)

18. Mine fluctuates wildly as new sculpts are released (or new default face-ups >w<) and I come up with new ideas for group dynamics. I want to eventually have a good amount of dolls with different personalities so that there are a lot of photostory options. As of now I don't really have any sort of cap on too many dolls. I never really wanted one doll, though. I've always wanted to end up with at least five, probably many more XD

19. I'm probably on the opposite end of the spectrum here. I planned on having about 10. Got up to six... now I'm back to one. And content with that one. :)

20. Kinda yes...

It started with "Just the Luke...One is definitely enough" then came "Oh but that Ying looks nice...I have place for one more I guess" and he came with the Sunny...makes 3. Then I saw the sunburnt Narin in the marketplace which triggered a "Hmmmm full body suit tattoo project?...".

Not even 2 months into the hobby and the count went up to 4 already even when I just planned to have one -_-