1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did how many dolls you plan to have change?

Jun 26, 2008

1. my wishlist went from one...to two...to four... to six...maybe seven?

^^ i wanted a kuuta, but thought maybe i would get a cherishdoll alley instead, so i made her character and thought well she needs a brother but hes gonna be an SD. then i though maybe i will get a kuuta too,but then he needed family so enter his aunt Mattie another SD. well after that i wanted a pukisha. then i decided i wanted an elf. so thats another but he will be an MSD and ...it kinda went like that

2. yeah...none to a billion haha...someday..

3. My wishlist went from being originally two... Now? It's over fifty. I don't think I'll ever get that far though, but one can dream haha.

4. Definitely. I just got into BJD's in June. First I just planned on having 1, I ended up buying 2 together and by Oct I should have 2 more. Lol, someone needs to stop me XD

5. I don't think I had a set amount of how many I wanted. I can only remember wanting my Elfdoll Lydia at the time. But I never thought that I would only have just one. I always knew that I would have more. I have my second on the way, and at least five more that I want to get. Now I know that I don't want more than ten, but I guess we'll just have to see whether that changes or not.

6. Oh, definitely. :) I started out saying I'd only get the one.
      Then... a few months later, I got him a friend... then... it was FIVE would be too many.
      Then... TEN would be too many...
      Then... the next thing I knew, I was counting up boys, and counting my one floating head... I've TWENTY of the buggers! :o How the very heck did that happen??
      I think I gave up somewhere along the way, trying to decide where I would stop. :sweat
      Now, I'm definitely trying to hit the brakes. I try to carefully consider each new doll that calls out to me. But it's definitely not easy. :lol:

7. I have 3 ABJDs, (Souldoll Linn, DZ Shoyo, Peakswood Yulli), I am absolutely NOT, NOT, NOT, counting the one my husband got for himself after I hijacked him into the hobby. :) Then he decided to participate in an auction for one of his other hobbies so he said to me, "Why don't you get that doll you've been talking about so much--(Elfdoll June)." Well, I'm not convinced our budget can handle that yet-- but while drooling--oops I mean looking at June on the Denver Dolls site, I find that they are getting Fairyland dolls.

I'm doomed. The only solution is to forget how to count.*_*

8. I'd like to think that I'm only going to get one.
      So far, I've only seen one doll that appeals to me, and I'm having a hard enough time justifying the cost, so I don't think it will be too hard.
      We'll see how I feel once I've saved up and actually have the doll though.

9. Yeeeah.... Originally I just wanted Picara, and possibly a boy to be her lab assistant/butler. Now, I've got my eyes on another girl, and then of course she'll have to have a guy to pose with since she and Picara are vastly different in style, and now I'm thinking of another girl to be her friend....

It never ends. It just doesn't. >>;

10. errrr i got into the hobby a year ago....at first it was just going to be my main cast. So my main boy, his lover, the twins, their lovers. (Done) then doom comes along vega (who then got himself a lover) then demures who the father, need himself a little toy. -.- little kids are illegal to touch, so he need a older verison. Then notice i need a girl, so have one, then found another breath taking one at a great price....then....the new boy didn't 'fit' one of my twin lover, but instead going to be a brand new character, so...on to hunting i go and it just doens't seem to stop! my main cast list is still not over *dies*

11. I planned to stop at 2.... I got 6 now D: And wanting more.

12. well I also started out saying i'd only get 2 (a boy and girl in SD)..then as the years went by my collection grew....to about 8! as it stands now i am at 16, and i find it harder to keep it at that amount daily.

I actually had to drop my plans of getting a bobobie weylin boy to mod as kain from legacy of kain. Instead my 16th and FINAL doll will be prince Nuada from hellboy II....because I just cannot resist a hot elf prince!

but if i happen to get a real job..then maybe i will get weylin and leave my collection at 17 for good...here's to hoping! ;)

13. YES. At first, I wanted five dolls. [[Lol, I know... OH, JUST FIVE. xD]] But then... I started surfing other dolls sites... And I found Pipos and Pukis and other doll makers and I was like "I want that one and.. Tha one and that one..." And I don't even have all five origionals yet. xD

14. i planned on 3. 2 boys and one girl. i now have 3 boys, with a fourth and fifth(head) on the way, and im so far planning on nine in total(only one of which is a girl)

15. As of now I only plan on getting two, but I have an idea for a third growing in my head.... But I will for sure have two...that is WHEN I start buying...

16. I meant to get two in the beginning -- a specific character and her boyfriend. I ended up not being able to make them work, and now I have five dolls and tentative plans for one more -- none of them the two characters I originally had planned! If I find dolls that work just right for those characters I'll probably get them too. @_@

17. I'm planning on having just one, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with a bunch. They are so lovable :]

18. ..........

19. i dont even have one yet

but i plan on getting atleast 2 female and 2 male and maybe a kid =]

20. When I got my first doll, I never thought I'd be able to get another one. I had saved up for almost two years to get her! Mind you, I was still in high school also. Now that I've got my own money... it's hard to say no. Now I've got three lovely dolls, and I plan on getting at least two more.