1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did owning BJDs turn you into a shopaholic?

Apr 26, 2011

1. owning a bjd certainly turns me into a shop-aholic, i'm always browsing online shops for doll related items and sometimes human stuff, i've had no money saved up since owning my first doll

2. YES, definitely. I don't usually like shopping IRL, but now whenever I'm out I'm scouting for pretty fabric or miniatures for my dolls. And I also buy loads and loads of doll stuff online.

3. no. me being a shopaholic turned me into a bjd owner. :aheartbea

4. I'm a shopaholic anyways, so I don't think that would be different. I have a hard time with the prices on things though. I could never spend more on a pair of shoes for my dolly then I would myself.....or at least what I thought until I started finding really cool and pretty ones that I want ><

5. No. I've always liked shopping, I just do a bit more shopping when it's time for me to get a new bjd.

6. I already had a tendency to splurge and plenty of hobbies, this just made it worse, more to divide up my funds ><

7. Well I've always been a shopaholic, so naturally owning bjds has only encouraged this behavior. xD it's insanely difficult for me to resist spending a ridiculous amount of money on new stuff for my dolls! they'll probably end up having a bigger wardrobe than me soon, haha!

8. As a collector through-and-through, I've been a shopaholic for years now. Dolls didn't start it, but they are definitely exacerbating it!

I will say that dolls have started to get me more in-touch with my "feminine side". I hate clothes shopping for myself since I'm not girly by my own right of fashion and I have a very awkward body that clothing companies love to hate. My wardrobe consists of a few favorites and some extra stuff for special occasions. My dolls' wardrobe, however, will soon be going crazy. I love cutesy stuff for my dolls and I ogle Etsy shops all day long a couple times a week. It is definitely waking the fashionista in me. It will be a long time before I'm half as good as most of the other doll folk, but I am sensing the change ... and I am embracing it whole-heartedly ('cause, really, why fight it?).

9. I don't buy a lot of stuff but I love to "window shop" all the time! A new outfit on etsy? MUST LOOK! A new doll comes out? LOOKS AT ALL THE PICTURES! You get the point heehee! :lol:

10. For the most part, I think I've been fairly good.

HOWEVER, so far this month I've been really really bad. XD;

Crobidoll's Rumi + Magical Girl Outfit
      Dress for said Rumi
      Shoes for said Rumi
      Wigs for said Rumi
      Backdrops for photography
      Urethane eyes for my IpleHouse Mari
      Have my eyes on a floating head from Dollclans..

And unrelated to BJDs, this month, I bought myself an iPod Touch. I need to ease up on my spending! :doh

11. I've always loved shopping. but I'm obsessed with looking at doll stuff more than buying it even though I do often make small purchases.

12. pfft. please. i was a shopaholic LOOOOOOONG before i found dolls. my money kinda just absorbs into thin air and is replaced by stuff as soon as i get it

13. I was never really a shopaholic..ever. Nor do i consider buying BJD's has made me one. HOWEVER, now that I have bought them before, I'm always shopping around for their clothes,wigs, and other dolls. So, I guess buying BJD's had made me a shopaholic..to an extent :sweat

14. I'm obsessive by nature, so maybe "shopaholic" is the wrong term. But, what can I say? I love getting new stuff for photos and I love getting new models to work with.

15. I think this hobby has actually curbed my spending habits. I rarely purchase things for myself without considering if I actually need them or if they would really work for my dolls. I also think I'm more patient now, thanks to the wait times for the manufacturing process, so I don't mind saving and/or waiting for something I really want (as opposed to impulse buying something that's similar and cheaper just to have it right now). I am a student though, so my shopping habits have probably been affected by that too.

16. Nope.
      I have far too much self-restraint.

17. I have to admit that I was already a shopaholic before having a bjs. But it turns to be really worse since the day I received one! I can't go out without looking for a small thing for her.

18. LOL, this thread is almost worth to make a poll

a. I was a shopaholic before BJD
      b. I got into BJD because I'm a shopaholic
      c. I got turned into a shopaholic
      d. I've been good
      e. I'm saying I've been good, but actually....

19. Ha ha no, sadly I was a shopaholic before I discovered BJDs, this hobby just gave me something to direct my obsessive shopping towards. Now when people ask me where my money goes I can point to the dolls instead of going: O.o "I have no idea!?"

Actually if anything I can save easier because instead of buying every thing I see that I kind of maybe want, I think "that could be part of a doll!" and let it go...

20. It did not make me a shop-a-holic. I'm more of a window-shopper type, so I browse webpages with dolls for ideas and then I make items for my dolls. If anything it made me more of a craft-a-holic.