1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did someone ever get mad at you for winning bids?

Sep 3, 2007

?
  1. I usuakky loose at the last second of the bid :(

2. I always win at the last second and I'm very lucky :)

3. I just loose or win....

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I sometimes get mad if I loose, but I wouldn't need a snipe site. since I've become pretty good at winning things off of Ebay even at the very last sec. I guess years of buying and I norm am around when it ends, I get all hyped at the last minutes. Eps if its something I really want. Like this one time for a pair of Doll pants I sat there and made sure I got it or when I bidded on my friends Heath XD
      But Buy It Now is always good.

2. If I really want something I always win at the last second.
      I am an EBay NINJA ;)

3. Before reading this thread I had never even realized sniping bots existed o_o I have used agents to bid on Yahoo Japan auctions on my behalf before but on eBay, I've always bid manually.

I'm definitely a sniper actually, I'm a buy-it-now-er. Forget bidding altogether, I'll place "buy it now"s whenever they're offered, even if the starting price is lower or they have "make an offer" If I want something badly enough, I don't want to rely and wait on the seller to respond or to risk it going auction-style (since once a bid is made the BIN option is negated) Similarly, I'll set crazy alarms in order to make it online when auctions are ending, or arrange a family member be online on my behalf. It's normal to feel disappointed when you don't win but I'm always firm on my highest, if it goes over my max, I don't have any regrets.

What bothers me most of all is when sellers end their listings earlier because someone messaged them attempting to buy directly. It always makes me very sad.:(

4. There's no point in sniping when you can put in what you want to pay and walk away until the auction ends. I take a simple approach: if I get outbid, it means someone wants to pay more for it than I do. :XD:

I don't need to put in stupidly high bids. Whatever it is, another one will show up eventually. Even doll parts.

5. Word.

I've been ebaying since ebay started. I have rarely lost - I HAVE lost, but not too often. I don't understand why people get angry if they get outbid. That is the NATURE of an AUCTION. If one is going to get ANGRY, one should NOT be on ebay.

I agree it is very unfair for a seller to cancel an auction if it's already started. I would never do that as a seller. It is NOT unfair to win via snipe - again, that is the name of the game, ebay is based on TIME. I don't use snipe services, though, I just try to be on my computer, watching for the auction to end. Shilling is very very very wrong.

this is just my opinion, but, after years of ebaying, this is what works best for me.
      don't bid early. you will just drive the bid up. don't bid AT ALL until the last 12-10 seconds of the auction.

put in as big of a bid as you would pay if you won. remember that IF you put in a bid of $1,000, and somebody ELSE bids $980, you are going to be stuck paying close to $1,000 because YOU WON. So unless you really CAN pony up your bid, don't bid some ridiculous amount unless you are prepared to pay it.

I have rarely won things I wanted by putting in as high as a bid as I would pay EARLY. That just gives other interested bidders time to chip away at your top bid, to figure out what your highest bid is. you can see the bid history, see the same buyer bidding within seconds of their previous bid -- that's them chipping away at the high bid. then they can beat you by just a dollar or two, and you lost.

that's the nature of timed auctions. :)

6. I actually almost won an Azone Ciel head but then the jerkwad of a seller pulled the auction after I had put in my final bid...Then he re-uploaded it. I wanted to THROTTLE HIM I had won that head fair and square and he knew it! I gave up but I was not about to lose out again...Only time I ever did back down was when I was about to get an MSD girl via ebay but I decided against it...And I'm glad I did. I wouldn't have gotten Kazumi if I hadn't and I wouldn't trade my hybrid girl for the world.

But I do regret posting her auction asking if she was legit because I feel like some of them may have taken advantage of the fact that she was a rare doll and knew I was going to seriously go for 'er. Oh here's the kicker the seller did the same move the Ciel head seller did and reuploaded the doll several more times.

7. I agree with Minerva. If I lose an auction, it's because someone was willing to pay more than I was. Isn't that the point of auctions? To find the person willing yo pay the most? Sure, it can be disappointing, but there's no point getting angry at someone who was in the same position as you, but with a slightly bigger budget.

8. I have eBay problems, I guess I have a super competitive nature when it comes to some things. So while I'll get mad and fume silently (or rant loudly to my boyfriend), I've never actually gone so far as to message anyone out of anger.

Luckily for me, I've never gotten such a message either. But I'm sure that there have been times when I've won auctions (though I usually lose) that have made someone behind another screen angry.

9. Aaah I get anxiety about 30 mins before a bid ends! I have to watch the time go down or constantly check. No one seems to bid on most of the things I bid on anyway. If someone does, I hardly win. xD Mostly because I've past my "bidding budget." But when I win when others have bid on it, I just feel super great. x:

10. I admit I snipe ebay acutions. I have lost too many auctions or paid way more than I otherwise would have had I not sniped it. I learned the hard and expensive way though. Originally, it made me angry that I had to engage it what I feel is dishonest behavior, but then a friend of mine told me "All is fair in love and ebay." I have found in the other communities that I belong to that is also the feeling, so I have to come accept that sniping is just a part of ebay.