1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you/Do you buy your dolls Christmas/Hanukkah presents?

Dec 23, 2011

1. I did!

I got my girl a walolita dress from Keely off of Esty. It's gonna be purple with bunnies~ AND it will be her first paid for/decent out fit!
      ///I think I'm more excited than she is////

2. They probably got too many presents! They even had their own tree and living room decorations. My daughter and I wrapped them all and did a little photoshoot on Christmas day of them opening everything up. One of my mom's dolls is Jewish, so we did some Hanukkah celebrating while my parents were in town for Christmas. Most of the stuff was prop-style things that each doll would "like". They got a fish tank, toy cars, iPads, dominoes, puzzles etc. and seem very happy playing with all their loot in the corner!

3. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?

I would've if I had dolls! I'd have wrapped them in little boxes too! things like mini ipads, head phones and clothes. Even a mini tree?

Or maybe just have stuff you bought that you're treating as holiday gifts for your dolls?

Maybe!

Did you buy holiday gifts for somebody else's doll (friend or secret Santa)?

I was going to! But I don't know them well enough to know what they would want or what they have. It would be a cute, maybe next year :)

4. I barely had time to decorate for the humans this year. Hopefully next year the dolls will have their own tree and maybe some presents.

5. I got my doll a lot of wigs and outfit and shoes…I'm pretty sure he won't be needing anymore for an entire year. I'll probably get him some eyes for the next Christmas

6. yep, toys, cloths, wigs, new dolls.... >.> yeah..... i buy for my dolls.

7. My dolls 'bought' Christmas gifts for my daughter's dolls. It's fun to see the little boxes under the tree with dolly names on them! :)

8. I don't. I have too many dolls, to buy them all stuff, considering an outfit can easily be +$40.

9. last year in the after christmas sales, i found the perfect doll sized tree for $10. (it had horrible oversized pinecones and berries on it and looked really tacky but the size and price were perfect) i took the gaudy decorations off and have been adding doll scaled ornaments off and on all year. so i plan to wrap gifts for my kids and do a photo shoot of them unwrapping them in front of their tree.

10. Yes I buy my girls something from Volks or Dollmore, bc they have so many little nifty items that won't break the bank for Christmas.

I won't do any more exchanges on here, bc I sent someone their doll's gift and they left my poor girl without anything.. even though they kept promising to mail it. :(

11. Not directly and not all. But my favorite Boy always gets something around christmas. And funny my mum always find something for him too. Even she doesn´t like my hobby very much.

12. Avalon's off getting his..His present is a shiny new face up.

XD I got them all little Christmas stockings though.

13. I've been buying clothes, wigs, eyes, props - They're not for Christmas though, just to get them completed :)

I may get a tree and put presents under it for them next year :)

14. Oh, I don't really. i have so many, I wouldn't know what to get them! However, I usually pick one doll a year to buy for, then the next year choose another, and so on and so on.

15. Ah, that sounds so cute! I like the idea of having a little tree with presents under them with dolls names on them. I didn't plan far enough in advance to get them things this year, but maybe next year I will.

16. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls? I have done in the past. Unfortunately, not this month. I actually bought my boy doll a girlfriend for Christmas! :D

Or maybe just have stuff you bought that you're treating as holiday gifts for your dolls? I have bought them gifts in the past but not this month due to money issues. Next year, I am wanting to get them a little Christmas tree and gifts! Because I do see them as my babies.

Did you buy holiday gifts for somebody else's doll (friend or secret Santa)? No I havent't, but I would like to! :D

17. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?

Yes, on occasion and depending on how much money I have on hand? xD It doesn't have to be doll specific -maybe it's a random little prop like a toy or some ornament I found- If I can't buy something for everyone or anyone I'll usually make them something instead. A shirt, a dress, some jewelry... anything (:

Did you buy holiday gifts for somebody else's doll (friend or secret Santa)?

Yes, I've also crafted things~ x3 My friend's dolls are prone to receiving gifts anyway...

Why or why not (to all)?

Well... I love giving gifts anyway, and all my dolls are my beloved characters so I like the idea I'm getting them a gift. As for my friend's dolls, first of all it's a gift to her since I got her into this crazy BJD world and she loves dolls just as much as me and know she would like something doll-related. And secondly it might, yet again, be a character thing. For example this year I got one of her girls a necklace as a gift from one of my own dolls who is actually her doll's boyfriend x3;

18. I didn't buy gifts for my dolls just yet; I am going to though. Mum's taking me to a dealer in the holidays so she can buy me a christmas present; which will be their christmas presents.
      I did actually give my dolls their own individual birthdays; so they get presents indeed! And my friend also profited from this once; I sent her a little goodie bag with 2 scarves and a drawing of her doll. ^^ She's the only person I know in the hobby, and she's also my best friend, and since I couldn't get her anything for ther birthday the Christmas presents had to make up for that.

19. Do any of you give your dolls gifts on Christmas and/or their birthday? If so, what have/would you give them? :candycane:treecookie:starcookie:gingerbreadman:bellcookie:hollyberry

20. I do give them things! I give them clothes and toys, it really just gives me another reason to buy stuff. :)