1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you/Do you buy your dolls Christmas/Hanukkah presents?

Dec 23, 2011

1. I am actually getting Christmas gifts for my dolls that I haven't even received yet! I can't help myself. I know it will be a delayed Christmas when I get them but they just have to have presents to unwrap! I think it would be fun to have a photostory of sorts with them getting their gifts.

2. Isn't giving them new friends enough? :XD: This year's holiday cash from relatives is funding two new additions to the herd. That should hold them over, right?

3. I don't give my dolls gifts for Holidays, but my daughters' Bitty Baby gets gifts every year for Christmas and has like 30 birthdays every year too where I give her gifts (she must be like 300 now), never anything to extravagant, just a small in expensive teddy or new dress or something.

4. Absolutely! Besides adding dolls to the crew a gift to me. Then I can give them clothes, wigs, eyes, shoes, furniture, and eventually an apartment of their own.
      (At least that is what they seem to expect)

5. I got my newest girl a little TY Irish teenie beanie bear (new in package) at goodwill yesterday for $1. It wasn't really a Christmas gift per se. I just always am on the lookout for stuff for them. And since she's Irish American I thought she need an Irish bear. Helped develop my bassist's character (whom I haven't ordered yet) b/c they had a British bear too, so she's going to be British lol. I felt so weird buying them. And of course the attractive girl was the one who checked me out. It's nice that it's Christmas though cause they just think you're getting them for gifts for some kid lol. And I can walk through the doll aisle without feeling like a pedo/perv this time of year too lol.

6. now doing custom cloth for Christmas event hoping it finish before I go to the sea with my girl!

7. I really wanted to buy the dolls gifts this year and wrap them for opening during a photo shoot, but I was so busy with everything else it didn't happen. (maybe next year) I did make a few handmade items to give to my husband's doll as a gift though.

8. I usually don't buy presents for my dolls, but do it for my friend's dolls! Haha, it's probably weird... Maybe next Christmas my guys will get their presents, too. It just turns out that every Christmas eve i have no money. Naah.

9. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?
      No.
      Or maybe just have stuff you bought that you're treating as holiday gifts for your dolls?
      Nope.
      Did you buy holiday gifts for somebody else's doll (friend or secret Santa)?
      Nein.
      Why or why not (to all)?
      Because it would be like buying a present for my bed. My dolls are things, thus they don't get any presents. I make stuff for them everyday, I don't need a particular day for it :3

10. No,not really.havent crossed my mind.
      But it did so happen that a dress i ordered for my savannah got delivered the day bevore christmas,soooo kinda a christmas pressent?

11. No. I have enough trouble rationalizing gifts for the cats on my budget. I don't buy that many gifts anymore actually. I buy a little something for my Dad, my nieces. I make one gift for both their parents, gifts for my roommate and her GF who is also a close friend, and a guy buddy I'm also close to, but that's about it. Everybody else gets a card. They actually tend to buy me a lot more expensive things than I buy them. Everybody knows my fun budget is scary tight so they tend to overcompensate and buy me dolls or gift cards for stuff I can't buy myself most of the time. I sew a lot of things and make jewelry and stuff so that helps me a lot with that. Most of the time my Dad and the kids, they're the only ones I'm spending any real $$$ on. The rest I just send cards or hit my craft bins and make stuff for. I'm good at that so no complaints. People usually think those gifts are more expensive than they are actually. I may not have money but I have time to make nice stuff so it all works out in the end.

12. My DD Miku, Chihiro, won't be here until next year, and yet that same Chihiro is getting an outfit wayyyy before arrival..! xD I'm counting that as a Christmas present that came early but probably will be delivered around... Christmas next year.

13. Weeeell... I didn't buy anything to put under the tree for Yui yet, but she isn't even here yet. >< But I got some cash for Christmas which I am going to use to buy her a travel case off the MP so she can join me on my trip to Singypore in May.

14. Yes, I buy Holiday gifts for my dolls and my friends dolls. Dolls create happiness in my life and it helps me enjoy the holidays. :)

15. I had planned it and really wanted to get Nadeko a nice VOLKS dress set for Christmas but in the end I couldn't, so no my doll did not get any Christmas presents this year

16. My dolls usually get Christmas presents, this year I'm waiting on a group order of shoes for my SDs and MSD, and my MSD is also getting a Barbie moped modded to be for her, but I haven't managed it yet haha. For my tinies, I have no idea what I'll get them, I'll work it out eventually. Next year I plan on being more organised! This year was just a bit of a fail on my part haha

17. It funny you should mention this I got some of my first BJD supplies for Christmas from my two lovely besties, two pairs of eyes (one msd and one sd), some clothes and a wig!I have to say it was the best present ever!

18. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?
      -Sometimes? Although usually it's a doll prop or would work as an outfit. I don't wrap them but I usually designate it for a particular doll. I did that today with an ornament that was a hat. It was perfect for my KiD.

Or maybe just have stuff you bought that you're treating as holiday gifts for your dolls?
      -I think that sums it up. XD If it's around a holiday or 'birthday' of a character, or even just a regular day, I treat it as a gift for them.

Did you buy holiday gifts for somebody else's doll (friend or secret Santa)?
      -I do. :) Especially when it's the siblings. I have a few dolls that have either siblings or significant others in doll form, but they belong to my friends. So I'll find something and then say it's to _______ from ___________.

Why or why not (to all)?
      -I enjoy it. :)

19. It was not expected
      but my husband ordered for a coco tribe Ricci for my 2013 Christmas