1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you ever buy two or more dolls at once? :o

Sep 8, 2011

1. I'm currently in the process of buying 2 around the same time. I just put a girl on layaway last week, (paid half) and have enough for a deposit on my second one...just waiting for the next preorder date which should be coming up the next week or so. I wasn't planning on buying the first girl, I just happened to be browsing a site and had to have her!

I'm still new to bjd's, but I'm beginning to get a sense of ones I can plan on getting in the future and ones that grab me so strongly that I must do everything possible to get them as soon as I can.

I'm a strong believer that if you see something you want, don't hesitate, especially if you can financially afford it. I've always regretted the times I chose to wait.

2. I've ordered my first 3 dolls within weeks of each other. One of them has arrived and the second and third are on their way! I don't regret it because the dolls are something I really wanted.

3. I bought three dolls at the same time :D that is to say, I ordered three heads from Luts, and their bodies came in the next month or so. From one doll I suddenly had four! It was really fun and I don't regret it, but I don't plan on doing it again. Getting dolls is so much fun I feel the need to space it out a bit!

4. If you've never... Do you think you ever will?
      I'm currently plotting and planning to try to order two from Soom's Free Choice event (an NS Sard and a Bronze Heliot/Euclase hybrid). I'm really nervous about it, because I know how HUGE Soom boxes are, and I just can't quite imagine TWO of them showing up on my doorstep one day (let alone what my family or boyfriend would think of it all!)

I'd actually prefer to space my doll purchases out more but, well, when Soom runs an event, they know how to make it irresistible!

5. I bought my second, third, and fourth boys all around the same time. I bought the third and fourth on the same day. I had saved up a little extra when I got my third boy that I had enough to buy my fourth. So yeah I have bought more than 1 at a time. :)

6. I was a bad girl and have done that at least in terms of ordering a head or a whole doll or something. I think if u have the money then go for it otherwise run run away...

7. How did it feel like to have two dolls delivered to your house? (aside from painful on your bank account)
      Haven't tried it yet, but I'm waiting for four dolls and a body at the moment.
      Did you regret ordering them at once?
      No, but I would probably not have bought so many if I wasn't sure they were gonna be delivered at different times.

8. no =O i've just got my first doll ,
      i think first times is always the try out .. to see what would u get ..
      but since i've got mine . i think if i ever wanted to get two ya i'd do it

but i'd say start with just buying one ~ see how it goes

9. Congratulations on getting your first, MonaXanom. :)

10. Well, I actually didn't order two dolls at the same time, but I was at a BJD con last week-end and there I bought 3 BJDs and a head in one day, does that count, too ;)?

Yes, it was expensive, but I still saved a lot of money I would have had to pay for shipping & custom fees, so I'm really happy that I got them. ^__^

11. Have you ever ordered two or more dolls at once?

Yes, I've gotten two Dollfie Dreams at one time (Saber Lily and WC Alna). I also hope to be able to do this with the new Saber DDs.

How did it feel like to have two dolls delivered to your house? (aside from painful on your bank account)

They didn't actually arrive on the same day. :) But it was still fun!

Nope! Because it saved me the pain of having to buy them in the after market (DD prices go up immediately after retail).

12. Either way, I was curious if any of you ever ordered two or more dolls at once. If yes..

I have tried very hard to order only one doll at a time... But I have been waiting for two or even three dolls at a time. *_*

How did it feel like to have two dolls delivered to your house? (aside from painful on your bank account)

Well, they don't get delivered together usually. :( Even when they are from the same company... Depending on when the dolls are made available (for new or limiteds), they are made at different times and the company often won't want to have a doll sitting about waiting for the other one for a long time. Some people have gotten dolls together--but I never have.

So, basically, it just hurts my bank account.

I prefer getting dolls only one at a time, as I said. I can pay attention to them better that way.

No. I usually am buying limiteds, so I have to buy them during a certain time period, unless I try finding them on the Marketplace afterwards... and in the Marketplace, you also have to buy quickly! I am also buying from companies that might have layaway--and that helps in paying for the dolls. So--no, I don't regret it.

But I don't think it's a big deal, really. I don't think it's more exciting or anything like that.

If you've never... Do you think you ever will?
      What do you think you'd feel like IF you ever did buy two or more at once?

n/a

The smartest thing of course for me to do is buy one and see if I can get the other one second hand.. but my gosh, do I love these boys...:fangirl:[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

13. My very first doll was ordered from the company. Then, a week later, I bought a doll off the marketplace. The secondhand doll arrived in a matter of days, while the company doll took a month and a half. So, to this day, I'm not sure which one I should have considered as my official "first" doll!

14. I actually just did this. I ordered one doll and a week later I found myself ordering a second. I'm now not allowed to order another doll until the first of next year. My credit card and bank account both can't take it. :sweat

15. yes,atm i have two Dollfie Dreams in layaway

16. We have 3 Souldoll Zenith girls on order, within a larger Souldoll dealer friend's order, so that box opening/unpacking day is going to be heavenly madness! All 3 are nude, no faceups and only 1 is coming with a wig though, so not sure how I feel about posting box openings (I usually don't) aside from filming the Shiva unpacking so people can see the option parts/both torsos/packing. I usually like to wait for debut and pix when they are more done/dressed and for me that can take months but is part of the fun of the hobby. I don't mind blank sculpts ;)

17. I'm about to order 3 .__.;; (as soon as my Mom gives me the go to rape her credit card xD )
      I would honestly prefer to order them only one at the time ( order the 2nd one only when the first one is home) because 1) they'll all have the same "birthday" and I don't like that :sweat 2) I prefer to have Time with my one new doll to get to know it by heart and to love it ^^
      Cuz y'know, when you were a kid and you got many toys for your birthday you didn't took/had the Time to Play with it and often they rarely ever become your most loved/memorable ones (well dolls, plus and such at least)

Buuut here it's not like I have the choice because they are limited :sweat

18. I recently had the same dilemma. I'd been wanting this one doll for a long time, but found out his outfit was out of stock permanently at the same time that I found another doll, one that happened to be going out of stock permanently within mere days! I finally decided to go for the second, new doll I'd discovered. But days after I bought him, I found a site selling the first doll with his full outfit! So I bought him, too! I didn't have the money though, so I put them on a credit card. It will probably take me a year to pay them off but I had a time crunch to deal with and I had to have them!

19. Aside from ordering our first dolls together with Raziel, the closest I came was ordering a couple within a month of each other. I hadn't really planned to, after buying one with my tax returns. But I finally found the doll I had to have for my Grace's boyfriend, so I put him on a credit card and just looked forward to getting them both.

20. Yes~ I am waiting or 2 dolls right now actually XD