1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you get nervous before your first meet-up?

Aug 27, 2009

1. Yes, definitely, and pretty much every one since then.
      I rarely go to them anymore, but yep! I'm still nervous if I do!

Raven

2. My very first meet I was totally excited.
      There is no sense of being nervous or anything like that. But I'm really happy that met so many other doll owners and it is fun. I can't wait for another meet-up ^^ Hopefully it'll be soon :D

3. yep. i am going to my first one, but im kindof young, so i basically just feel like people will start saying that i shouldnt be collecting bjd, and then start staring (o.o)

4. i don't own any dolls yet but I HAD to say something. I'm 18 and my mother thinks i'm TOO OLD to have any interest in these dolls that i love so much. She thinks that i should just be into clothes and makeup and my new ((slighty newer used)) car that i'm getting in a few months. this puzzles me since i AM into all that stuff AND dolls. I can love them all equally ((ok dolls SOO trump clothes haha but car and dolls are equal love))

So my very long drawn out point is hehe that age really isnt a factor. It's how you love and take care of your dolls. and there will always be people who stare be it b/c of awe or slight fear lol. I mean if you walk into Burger King with your fried and youre each carrying dolls in your arms yeah people are gonna stare ((my friend and her friend did that, that's how i saw BJD's for the first time and fell in love))

So yeah, just thought i would say that =^_^= and btw i have yet to go to my first meet :(

5. I definitely was nervous. First of all, my doll has not even arrived yet! Second of all, I never met these people before.

I am glad I went though. Met new friends and new dolls. :) It was worth it.

6. I got SUPER nervous! My good friend who introduced me to the hobby hosted one. I didn't have my first doll yet (or even ordered!). It ended up being tons of fun, though, and I met lots of people (and friends I had before who I didn't know where into BJDs were there too!). After a few, I started my own monthly meet hosting and organizing so every single month, there's the opportunity for our own locals to jump into meets.

So, don't worry about it and just go! It'll end up being awesome, and you get to meet so many local dollie lovers and I'm sure you'll make a few friends who you share more than the dolls in common with.

7. Oh, sure!! I get reaaaally nervous before meeting anyone new, mostly! I took the train, and because I was so nervous and was worried about running late, I ended up getting there like 2 hours early or something :lol: I sat down and had a coffee, and tried to do some work that I'd brought along with me to calm me down. I felt like a bit of a silly because I didn't have a carrying case for my doll at the time (I'd had her perhaps two weeks...?) and had just put her in her box and taped some bin-bag liners over the box :lol::lol: I must have looked really suspicious carrying that huge black thing :lol: Also it killed my arms :|

Thankfully everyone at my first meet was very nice, and though I was shy I really tried to talk to everyone. I had fun and spoke to people who had been in the hobby longer than I, and went home feeling more confident about the hobby and about my doll! :)

8. I was really nervous before my first meet, but everyone was nice to me and answered all my dumb questions :) That was about four months ago, and we've met up at least twice more since then.

9. definitely nervous. I came last minute and a bit late too good thing i brought a human friend with me. I hope i can go to more meets

10. My first meet is the 27th of this month. I'm only nervous because all of my doll's clothes are hand made. She only came with a nighty. I'm proud of my stitching, but the design is not a cosplay or anything.

11. yes i was a bit nervous at my first doll meet but within 15 minutes of meeting the others and thanks to already knowing Starrybright I felt right at home with everyone and now I can't wait for the next one which will be the third I've been to and if luck is with me (yeah right) I should be able to take my first bjd with me, that is if he arrives on time hee XD

12. I havnt been to one yet but im pretty sure I will feel at least a bit nervous.

13. I recomend taking a freind that has some intrist in the hobby. It makes meetings a little easier.

For example I took my guy to a meet he is intristed in BJDs he doesnt own one but he plans on it in the future.:bcupcake

14. I'm definitely nervous for my first meet-up! In fact, months ago, I tried to go to my first one, and I got as far as peaking in at the room from a safe distance, but could not get the courage to actually go in and introduce myself. But then, I'm quite shy! I'm going to give it another shot next month, I think. Am already a bit nervous about it! ;)

15. YES I was. But every one was so nice I just didnt care any more. I all ways cant wait to go to my next meet!

16. Yup. It was more a mix of excitement and nervousness, really. I played music all the way there to try to keep myself from getting nervous... ran out of music after an hour of driving. xD
      But once I got there, I had SO much fun, and was just in such awe of all the dolls, that I calmed down pretty quick! ^^
      [hi Dhampir xD]

17. I was nervous before my first meet-up. I wasn't sure what it would be like, because I was so new. I didn't know if it would be fun, or awkward, or if because I was so new I might feel like I was intruding on all these people who had been in the hobby for so long.

But! Everyone was super nice and I had an awesome time. My best friend and I look forward to going to meet-ups now, and every time there's one going on near us, we sign up and go. We've even hosted a couple of our own. They've been awesome.

18. I wasn't nervous at all for my first meet-up (mostly because I didn't even know that I was going to be at one that day, it just sort of happened :sweat )

but I'm kind of nervous about organizing a meet up, now that I finally have my girl I want to go meet the other local BJD owners but I'm not very social so there's a problem there.......hopefully someone else will organize it and we'll just show up

19. I was not nervous on the way of my first meet-up, but later i was disappointed because other members avoided me

20. I went to my first meet-up in a new area, I knew no body and it was a bit nerve racking. But when you get there you realize that these people are there for the same reason. To talk about dolls and have a great time! I was shocked when my girl got compliments! I had never expected it in my whole life! But I had a great time and I have made new friends in a new place!