1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you see a doll in person before buying it?

Oct 4, 2017

1. No. Never. My only doll friend living in a different country, and I never go to a doll meet.

2. I've had the opportunity to see two dolls in person before buying them, at a convention. I bought one of them on the spot, an April Story, and I also got to play a bit with a Feeple60, which is currently on my list of dolls I'm saving up for. It was a rare but very neat opportunity to see how the joints, resin, and weight felt before purchasing. It was also nice to see the sizing of the dolls, since my April Story was my first SD+ sized BJD.

3. I saw my grail which was Iplehouse Luo in person before I bought him for myself. But most of the others I hadn't seen in person before I bought them. I am interested still in a Soom Dia or Sard but I would like to see on of them and also a 5th Motif Venitu in person before I consider getting them.

4. I’ve never seen a doll in person before I bought it, because I’ve never seen any BJDs in person but my own. Haha. The life of a hermit, I guess lol

5. Never, I wish that could be the case. I would love to visit Denver Doll Emporium, a doll store in America (where I live) that sells BJDs, but I highly doubt that they'd have the dolls outside of the boxes :( what a wonderful world it would be...

6. I've never seen the doll I wanted in person before buying it.
      I did get the chance to go to Doll North during uni (at Anime North) and was able to fangirl over the dolls people had on display.
      That was a few years before I purchased my own doll so it was kinda neat to see the scale.

7. Not at all. It was a nice surprise to receive my doll because I didn't see any of them in person before. :)

8. I bought Party Martian in person-- rather, I fell in love at first sight in person at a con, and my mom went back and got him for my birthday. He's the only one I've gotten to play with before buying, and it was him himself. The others have all been dolls where I didn't know anyone else with the same sculpt, even the same body-- the closest I got was handling a doll from the same company.

9. I saw and bought (or rather, convinced my mother to buy for me, as it was 2008 and I was 13 at the time) my first doll at an anime convention, without knowing anything about BJD except that I needed one. It was a wild thing for my mom to agree to, looking back. :lol:

10. That is wild!

I’m still not keen on telling my mom how much my dolls cost! >w<

On a side note, I was 13 when I went to my first anime convention in 2005! Don’t recall seeing any dollies at the time though.

11. I saw the 2B Dollfie Dream at a convention once but nobody was allowed to touch it since it belonged to a shop dealer and they didn't want 261891948693274892 people to touch it haha. So kinda I guess

12. I never had tbh but I’ve seen pictures of other people going to the official Volks store and seeing the new Dollfies I wish to go one day

13. I didn’t see the bjd I personally own in real life, but when I went to Anime North one year I decided to venture to the doll building to finally see a bjd. I saw so many and was amazed at the size and how pretty they looked. Two years later I finally got to welcome one home for myself and I could not be happier!

14. Yay! Fellow Canadian? : >
      I’m happy that Doll North seems to not be shutting down after all. It was so cool to go to a BJD convention :chibi I think it’s where I first heard of Ringdoll and Crobidoll.

15. I was really excited to go this year since I actually have a BJD to buy things for, but corona had other plans unfortunately.

16. Aww... that’s unfortunate.
      At least they’ll be back next year! I hope you are able to go then :)

17. I very badly want to visit someone who's got dolls when everything goes back to normal around here so I can see just what it's like to hold one in person, but I've pretty much resigned myself to paying up front for something I've only seen pictures of...

18. Yes, I did! I went to a doll meet with some doll owners I met on a forum that lived near me and they were all so kind showing their dolls to me and explaining me things I still didn't know about. Most of them had SDs and I knew they were very big for me, but I enjoyed holding them for a while with the owner's permission ^w^

19. Yes! But only one. I went to Doll Station in Tokyo to buy a doll, so I saw her in person before purchasing her. But I haven't seen any other dolls in pardon before buying.

20. Nope. I had only seen the dolls online.