1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did your FIRST doll come with a faceup? - Pt.2

Dec 10, 2017

1. A factory faceup, yes :)

2. No, I was reluctant to get one with a faceup at all, because I like attempting them myself. My first doll with a faceup was Dollzone Nina, and she came full set, while MOC was closing. I've already added and subtracted things from that face up.

Many times I just wipe the company faceup. I have only three dolls wearing the original factory faceup as is.

3. Nope! Actually, none of my dolls came with faceups, factory or otherwise.

4. Yes, but it was a custom face-up from Mint on Card. I don't have her anymore.

5. Yes! I am still too scared to have a crack at it and I don't like (most) blank heads. All of my dolls at least come with factory faceup.

6. I ordered my first doll with the company face up and loved her for a few months before I had some problems with the doll and ended up selling her. I had less of a problem with the face up and more of a problem with the size of the neck in proportion with head. Come to think of it though I never loved the coloring of the eye make up she came with and that probably did not help with my lack of bonding with the doll. Anyway after a long winded story I did not have a great first experience but it did open the door for me to start ordering other ball jointed dolls.

7. My first doll came with her company Faceup. Peakswoods Fof Alice ♥️

8. I ended up getting my first doll with a faceup as he was secondhand and I already loved the look. I changed it a bit and added some little details over time and eventually sent him over to a freind for a full redo.

9. I will be attempting to do my own faceup when my first doll arrives, because what drew me to the hobby in the first place was the more artistic aspects anyway.
      Thst being said, I will probably take inspiration from the company faceup for some aspects.

10. not for me! i was super ambisious and wanted to do the whole thing, faceups, wig making, clothes making.. etc haha.

11. Heck ya I had factory face-up. These shaky, shaky hands weren't going to be able to handle that first makeup masterpiece on my boy. I could barely do my own makeup at the time! :XD:

12. Yes, my first doll came with a company face up.

13. Nope! And honestly, I'm not sure I would have liked if he did. My first doll was a gift. I didn't pick him out, and he doesn't quite fit my aesthetic.

Doing his faceup really helped me feel more attached to him! But even so, I can't seem to settle on his look. He's had seven faceups in two years, lol.

14. Nope, my first doll was bought second hand and didn't come with a faceup. Which is all the better I have had several ideas for faceups on her over the years.

15. Yes, a not-very-good face-up on a second-hand girl. I snapped a photo, wiped it right away. I have 2 dolls with a company faceup, one done by someone else, the rest I've painted or want to paint myself.
      Goal: paint all but one myself.

16. My first doll did come with a faceup; the company faceup was the reason I fell in love with that doll in the first place.

17. My first doll have a faceup because I don’t think I could like her with a blank face. But now I realize some of the company Faceups are sooo generic and I’m not inspired by her anymore because she is a little boring. So she will need a new one, but I’m happy I chose to get her with one so I can enjoy her right away and not have to send her back out immediately.

18. My first doll, a Luts Kid Delf Bory, came with the default face-up. He's blank now though as I'll be getting him a new one.

19. Yes, I already liked Little Enrill’s factory face up and was able to get his head secondhand.

20. Both of my first dolls - the very first one which I sold soon because of the fashion size I didn't like and the one I bought after a couple of years pause - came with default face ups.