1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did your FIRST doll come with a faceup? - Pt.2

Dec 10, 2017

1. I bought my first doll pre-owned, and she came with a faceup. I believe it's the default company one, although I can't be 100% certain because of how long ago I got her. I recently ordered two more dolls, both with faceups because I'm not confident enough to try one on my own.

2. Every doll I've gotten I've bought with their face up already done. It adds so much dimension and character to the sculpt that I simply can't see the character without it! One of these days I'll do one of my own, especially since I have a blank head I happened upon, but otherwise, I feel like the face up is as important as the resin sculpt.

3. Mine did, yes! I only recently ended up changing it because I tried to whiten her up a bit. I had to remove it because of the whitening process, so I ended up doing my own. It was a lot of fun and I enjoy the outcome so much more than I expected. :) I miss her original face up but I think it was also about time that I tried to finally do my own!

4. All my dolls, also the first one, have come blank. The company face-ups don't appeal to me usually. Not for my own dolls at least.

5. My first and second dolls did not come with face ups and I've only done them myself. The third doll was full set so she came with a face up. And the last 4 I got, 3 didn't have one and 1 did. I think the company face ups are beautiful, but I actually prefer doing my own in most cases

6. Blank as paper. I didn't want to spend extra money that I didn't have.

7. I got my first doll (Dollshe Bernard) with a face-up. I didn't have the supplies to do one myself, and I was too worried about messing up or being so worried about messing up that he'd sit blank for ages. One day I'd like to re-do it though I think because I have more of an aesthetic for him in mind now.

8. Since it'll be my first BJD, it comes with a company face-up. Because I can't do it myself.
      Maybe a little later I also want to have a professional commisson face-up.

9. My first doll, KDF Aru, came with the default company face-up. When I look at company photos, part of the appeal to me is the company face-up, even though I know I could commission someone to do it or even probably do it myself since I'm an artist. The truth is that I'm really just lazy (:frownyblush:) and would rather not go through the hassle, haha.

My second BJD, AE Lian Rong, actually did come with a custom faceup but the person I bought her from had commissioned it from aya&ume. I love, love her faceup, but I would probably not go out of my way to do customs.

10. My first and second doll had a company makeup and I still didnt change their makeup but I am thinking abıut changing my second dolls makeup like adding some lashes and blush etc. :D