1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did your FIRST doll come with a faceup? - Pt.2

Dec 10, 2017

1. First one did have the face-up. I'm too chicken to try out my non existent skills on one lol.

2. it was a secondhand with a custom faceup that I love so much ^^

3. I bought mine brand new and ordered faceup, because it's my first doll and I seriously don't want to ruin it.

4. My first doll was new and came with no faceup! In less than a day, I had given her one. It looks okay, but man. I really want to redo it soon.

5. Yes, I paid for the default face-up. I don't know any artists and I can't paint.

6. Have you used the right way to paint the doll's face? Mostly all of my dolls had came with face up but few without because I don't want it. However, you can found professionals that does make up for dolls

7. The first owner of my girl had bought her with the company face up, she never wiped so when I got her she had a face up.

8. yes 100 percent i wasn't comfortable sending her off and i was not even close to skilled enough to want to attempt a face up myself.

9. My doll came without face-up. I did it myself. Yes, it was very scary to do this for the first time. But 1)there are no makeupers in my city; 2)I was afraid to ship him somewhere.

10. I can't even do make-up on myself, I went with the company face up on my first doll. I also didn't want to wait for months to the doll only to send her off for a faceup as soon as I got her! I may do it someday in the future ...

11. All three of my dolls came without faceups, and I did all three myself, but I really wish I had at least one doll with a professional face. I’m clearly getting better with practice, but since I don’t actually want to do faceups, I only have the minimal materials,and those give minimal results, lol.

12. My first doll came without company faceup, I've done her faceup but I hope I'll get better at It with some practice

IMG_20180402_165748_246

#32 Ilzar, Apr 9, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    13. I ordered my first doll blank and sent the head to a faceup artist. I doubt I'll ever attempt my own, but I prefer custom faceups to defaults because they allow me to fulfill my vision for the character. :)

14. My first bjd I ordered with the company faceup. I was mainly concerned about having someone else do it and I wouldn't be able to explain it properly. If I could go back, I'd probably commission a faceup artist to give my boy a more unique face.

15. My first bjd I ordered didn't come with the company faceup. I think at that time, company face up wasn't offered. But my 2nd and 3rd bjd came with company faceup. As time pass by, all my bjds were face up by local artists.

16. Yes, my first bjd came with a default faceup. Now, i consider also blank dolls

17. Nope, my first is totally blank and I'm still deciding how to do it :sweat

18. My first doll has come with compagnie face up. I didn't want a blank doll at home :) .

19. Yes, she was a second hand doll with factory faceup. As much I wanted to give a try in bjd faceup, it's better that my first doll didn't arrived blank. I think it spared me some pressure.:sweat And it was easier to bond with her right away!:)

20. First doll came with a company face-up! I know for sure I have no skill at doing face-ups myself and I don't have any specific character in mind when choosing, so company face-up doesn't bother me. However if I had a second doll perhaps and could afford the commission I would deff have to try that out. I wouldn't try it on my first because I'm kinda afraid, and content with how his face looks as it is.