1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did your FIRST doll come with a faceup? - Pt.2

Dec 10, 2017

1. my first doll is Ringdoll-Andrew, he came with default faceup and it didn't look good... remove it after a couple months and commissioned a faceup artist

2. My first BJD had a faceup and very pretty she is too. THe ones on order I have added face up as no way could I do it

3. My first (secondhand) came with a faceup. It was actually quite beautiful, but it very much wasn't "him" and I knew right away I was going to have it redone. The only shame is the original was so lovely, I wish I could have magically transferred it to/for someone else.

4. Mine did come with a company faceup, but it was custom.

5. My first BJD came with company default faceup. Same for the second and third, it's only with the fourth that I took doll without faceup... Now I do all my faceups myself !

6. I got my first bjd doll without faceup :kitty2

7. yes, but I don't like that faceup, so changed it very quickly.

8. My first doll came home blank. My actual doll is still blank, I just like to make everything myself, when I feel ready for it, even if it is not turn out perfect. It makes this hobby special for me...:)

9. My first doll did not come with a faceup and because of that I had no choice but to learn how to do it myself. It was very messy, but I learned and still learning, and now I did most of my dolls' faceups and infact Ive been doing faceup commissions too already! Crazy how sometimes a small inconvenience can be very fruitful. :D

10. Goodness, yes. It was ten years ago, and the idea of him coming home without a face was very distressing to this noob - I was impatient to play with him right out of the box, lol. I have since learned that while some company faceups are gorgeous, many of them are done impersonally and by rote, and it shows. Plus, I didn't really understand back then that a faceup changes everything - even to the point of making a sculpt completely unrecognizable. These days a company paint has to be something absolutely amazing for me to buy anything but a blank doll. :thumbup

11. My first doll came and is still blank. I've only been in the hobby for about nine months. I haven't put a faceup on her because my intent is to dye her skin. I've practiced faceups on my other dolls though. I just ordered my first doll with a faceup because I'm sick of my girls looking so plain.

12. No, it wasn't. My second head came with face up, though.

13. Ah yes. Mine first order was a company face up. But the first one I received was not and I got him customised.

14. No but I should have gotten the company faceup or picked a doll with one I liked.

The blank slate was overwhelming! I wasn’t prepared to do a faceup and got so worried that I would mess the doll up that I sold them.

Even though I ended up cleaning off the faceups on my other two dolls, having it there initially made it a lot easier for me to relax with them.

There are a few sculpts I adore and would want to order blank though. Preferably with a faceup artist or the tools to do it myself prepared..

15. My first doll came with a faceup but not one I wanted, I was aware of this though and got a discount for cleaning it off myself rather than having the original owner do so since they were busy and leaving the doll business. Every other doll I've bought since has had no faceup or the default.

16. My first doll came with and still has his default face up. I don’t particularly like it, but I have a practice head that I’ve been working with and hopefully I can give him a good face up eventually.

17. My first doll came with a beautiful custom face up and I fell for her whole look (she also had eyes and wig that matched her face up perfectly). My second doll was blank as is currently at the spa. Really looking forward to seeing her transformation.

18. My first doll came with the default faceup...it was way too daunting to get one without. Plus I thought she was lovely!;)

19. Yes mine did a company face up but it showed up way more feminine than the pictures it actually out me off the doll, second doll was fully done head to toe and I love it

20. My first doll came without faceup. I decided this in advance because I already knew that the standard image does not suit me and I want to get my ideas embodied in her face.