1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did your FIRST doll come with a faceup? - Pt.2

Dec 10, 2017

1. If Resinsoul faceup can be named faceup - yes :lol:

2. She's blank! I have a specific look in mind for her though :)

3. Yes she did! :D :D :D and it was a faceup by the artist because even though I have seen many Tender Creation dolls being beautifully painted by other artists, I think Anna does it better than anyone <3 I love my Ivy doll to bits ^^

4. Yes. I have always had trouble seeing the potential in a sculpt without a face up, so my first bjd having one was a 'must' for me :)

5. My first doll was blank. Guess I'm just too overconfident haha... Turned out face up is really not that easy. :frownyblush:

6. All of my dolls have come with faceups. Either from the factory or from an artist. The artist ones I have left, but only one of my dolls with a factory faceup still has it.
      My first doll, I was too scared to get her without a faceup, but eventually a edited it...stuffed it up...had to wipe it. Now I've redone it around 5-6 times and it isn't perfect, but it's something I can cope with and she is looking more and more like herself.
      I wouldn't be too scared to buy a blank doll now, but I want my next purchase to be a Harucasting E-Minor and I want her to be perfect, so I'll order her with a faceup. She is currently my grail. I don't want to do anything to her myself, other than figure her out and love her.

7. Nope! My first doll was blank, as were all of my other dolls. I prefer blank dolls to be honest. I do my own face ups and want them all to be of a similar style since most of them come from the same story line. The only one that ever had a face up was one I got secondhand and he was too pretty to wipe but I did change him a bit so he wasn't exactly like the character he used to be shelled as.

8. Yes. I'm learning how to do face-ups now (after many years in the hobby!) but I didn't want to have to worry about it when I first started. Later I did commission a few face-ups for some adopted dolls that were blank, but now I want to do my own.

9. First doll came as a fullset, not only with a face-up. And I think it is great for a newcomer to be sure that you can play and bond right of the box.

That was long time ago and I'm not own that doll anymore, but it was a sell under the necessity. So the initial plan worked ^^

10. First ordered doll was with both blushing and face-up, but I ordered a bunch of dolls in a relatively small amount of time. Half of them are with face up, other half - without. I'm actually existed to see which one will be done and delivered first.

11. Yes she come with volks default makeup

12. My first doll was blank. I often like promo make up, but for my doll I've chosen unique face up

13. I got my first doll with a company face-up thats stayed the same to this day, my first second hand doll also came with a face-up, I don't think it's company and I don't know who did it.

14. My very first doll was blank, and remains blank for a very long time. But it's worth it since I wanted a very specific face-up for her. For my second doll I got her with a face-up, since I wanted to see what it was like to be able to have a face right away and not worry about it. Trying both was a good learning experience!

15. I ordered my first doll recently and I chose to get a company face-up, I just really like how the company does face-ups and felt it was part of his charm. That being said, I'd love to try doing a face-up in the future, although I've only ever done face-ups myself on relatively cheap dolls and to varying degrees of success, so I'd have to work on my confidence before doing a face-up on even one of the less expensive BJDs.

16. Nope, he was wiped before he was sold to me. Had to learn how to do faceups reeeeal quick as a result haha. It's probably for the best, as I was going to have to do custom ones for my other boys when they arrived anyway because of how, er, specific they are. Besides that, it means he's really mine now as opposed to a creation of his previous owner.

17. Yup! She's a twelve year old Unidoll Cupi Angel, with the original company face up. I actually like it a lot. My next doll will be blank.

18. My first 3 dolls came with faceups, getting blank dolls was not an option for me! I only started getting blank dolls this year and I realized its much more fun doing your own faceup

19. My first doll come from Ringdoll, I ask for official face up, it is not what I expect, so I wiped it and let a artist give him a new one instead.

20. Yep. I ordered from a dealer because her came with faceup and same eyes as promo picture