1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did your FIRST doll come with a faceup? - Pt.2

Dec 10, 2017

1. Yes. My first doll is a Ringdoll Sol in full set, whom I bought secondhand. He's got some wear on his face up though (hairline scratch, not that visible. So I already have his faceup changed from an amazing local faceup artist in our community.

2. Yep, my first doll came with a face up. I plan to keep it because it's perfect for what I have in mind, it's even similair to some of the sketches I did for this character.

3. I took a full set, so the doll came with a make-up. But the default make-up was too red, so I washed it a week later.

4. My first doll was a used Minifee Chloe with a company face up. Chloe and I never really connected so I sold the head and got a blank Niella head instead :)

5. No, my first bjd, and those thereafter arrived with no face up. They remained that way for a while, until I researched how to tutorials, and watched many videos on how to face up. :-)

6. No my first doll came without a face up. I haven’t got one doll with the company face up... cause my dolls need to fit a character in my story’s I need to customize them by myself or a other face up artist.

7. Yes, I bought first doll with face up. And second too. But others will come without makeup, and I'm a bit anxious about giving them to makeuper and trying to explain him what I want.

8. Yes, a very nice one! Unfortunately I scuffed it quite a bit because I was new to BJDs and wasn't careful. :doh

9. No, my first doll was without face up.

10. My first doll came with a faceup and kept said faceup for 10+ years.

11. No face-up on my first. I want to get into being a face-up artist, and so I went head first into it. Also the company default wouldn't have suited her at all.

12. My first doll did not come with a faceup. As much as I am an artist I kind of wish I had gotten her with a faceup, I could have enjoyed her a bit more out of the box then. I did eventually learn to do faceups but also starting out with a bird beak (it was DC Carol) did not help!

13. Oh very first, yes, default faceup and I kept it for about six months.

14. The two I have ordered so far are both going to arrive without faceups. I'm watching a bunch of tutorials and looking at a bunch of other dolls for inspiration to see how it is done.

15. My first doll came with the company face up since I really liked it and also fit the character I had for her which is a plus. Though somehow the paint on her lips chipped, luckily its small but I'm still sad about it. :( If I ever get the materials and gather up my courage I might redo just the lips since her faceup is really nice.

16. Yes mine did. I wasn't happy with it though and so wiped it and did my own. That started me off wanting to customise my own dolls, which is an integral part of the hobby for me now.

17. Nope but I wish I got one with him. Would have been a lot easier to connect I think since I was too afraid to do my own faceup (why I got the doll blank then............is a Mystery)

18. i got mine with a face up despite being a face up artist at the time, in my defense it was a limited doll with a limited face up

19. One of my criteria was that my first doll had to have a face up that I liked. I didn't want to worry about trying to pain her face or find a face up artist when I bought her.

20. My first doll had a company faceup because it wasn't an option, hahaha. It was a fullset that included the faceup.
      I liked that faceup, it was very natural, but eventually I comissioned another one that matched the character.