1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did your FIRST doll come with a faceup?

Dec 16, 2013

1. When I ordered my Doll Chateau Cyril I went with the extra option of having them give him a faceup. To be honest I was somewhat disappointed. There was just a bit of peach blushing around the lip and eye crease and not much else. He still looked blank, LOL. Money not well spent, imho. However with my second doll I was much happier with the faceup. Lots of blush and shimmer and she was simply adorable.

#861 Clementine, Nov 23, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    2. First doll ever? No.
      First resin doll? Yes. I have 4 Resin bjds that I all ordered with company face-ups or that came used with company face-ups.
      I'm actually a bit nervous because the next 4 dolls I'm getting, I'll have to send out for custom face-ups for the first time.

3. Yes he did. I bought him second hand and he had a very cute face up made by the previous owner.
      But I wiped it off. :lol: I've always wanted to paint my dolls myself, it gives me really a chance to bond with them.

4. I ordered without a faceup :) since I plan to do things the hard way and learn to paint faceups myself. However, it didn't help that I wasn't a fan of the company's faceup.

5. Yep, he had a faceup. I was too nervous about messing up my first doll!

6. I bought my first doll second hand so she already had a face up but, if/when I buy another one, I would definitely buy a blank doll as I prefer the idea of doing a completely personalised faceup and it's just easier to get it without the hassle of removing the faceup it came with (in my opinion).

7. Blank! I had looked at tons of company faceups before I ever placed any orders, so I knew already that I was not a fan of any of the company ones I had seen (besides LE releases). So I knew that I would definitely rather customize my dolls to my own taste. I do not have the talent to do it myself haha so I leave that to the experts!

8. Yes, my daughter and I both bought our first dolls the end of 2011 and neither of us would have thought to try doing our own faceups. Since then my daughter has done some and she can be pretty good if she feels inspired. Me, on the other hand, still do not feel quite capable to try one, so mostly I order "with" faceups.

9. I didn't have the company face up with my first doll, because I want a different style. So, I sent him to my friend whom is a professional face up artist instead.

10. I've only just bought my first doll a couple of weeks ago and I ordered her without a faceup!! :aeyepop: I really want to try painting her face myself, even if it doesn't turn out perfectly the first time, I just feel like it will be so much more personal that way :)

11. Heck yes! I don't have a space where I can safely seal a faceup (really really tiny dorm room) although I would like to try in the future. I've repainted very simple features on vinyl dolls and they've been decent enough. I love my girl's company faceup, though, it's very sweet and suits her well.

12. I ordered my boy blank ^___^ as much as I liked the default company faceup, his eyebrows were way too dark for the look I had in mind... and I also felt they were giving him too much of a frown, which wasn't very fitting for the light-hearted/fun personality he was supposed to have. While I was waiting for him to come home, I practiced on vinyl dolls just to make sure I wouldn't mess up on him. I was really insecure about painting him myself, but so far I'm pretty satisfied with the final result :D

13. Yep, I ordered him with the company face up since I felt that I could not possibly be able to give him a beautiful face up with my current level. I hope to practice more and be able to do my own dolls' face ups and touch ups!

14. My first doll was a volks msd kit, so I had to sand, string, and do the face-up. I am terrible at face-ups however and much prefer now to buy dolls that already have them.

15. Nope. I like painting other miniature objects, so why not my first BJD? :D It's a different aesthetic than I'm used to, but that's half the fun!

16. Yes and I kept it for 2 years...Now I do face up for them by myself.

17. With company face-up. I guess I wanted to have the full experience right out of the box and I knew it would take me a while to collect the supplies/gather information to do a face-up.

18. After deciding that I did like Bjds got a fullset. At that time I liked the idea of getting a doll already with clothes,shoes and a face-up.

19. All of my dolls have the company face-ups, i can't do adult make-up.

20. My first one came blank, partly because DDE had her in stock and I did not want to wait that long for her. I also wanted to try my hand at face-ups, the only thing I found hard was the fact that she is a pukipuki and and I can't do eyebrows to save my life lol.