1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did your FIRST doll come with a faceup?

Dec 16, 2013

1. I had gotten a sweet little tiny head to do a faceup an and she was my project girl so I didn't mind. When I bought a full doll I loved the factory face up (and it was a yosd boy so I wanted a more natural look) and I don't regret it at all. I would get a practice head and you will feel strongly one way or another when you try it for yourself :)

2. I bought the fullset for my first doll, so he came with the faceup, the clothes, accessories, etc. My second doll was a blank canvas that I had someone else to the faceup for.

3. I purchased my first doll with a face-up. That wasn't my original plan, I actually wanted to commission an artist but I ended up loving the original so much.

4. Nope! Doing the faceup is such a huge part of making a doll feel "mine" that I wanted to do it myself.

5. Yea, I feel the same. I wanted to do the face up for my very first doll but was scared that I will screw it up so I ended buying the factory make-up. I have been practising face ups with Monster High doll...I am still not at the point where I am confident to start doing it on my BJD. But I do hope soon, I will after all it's cheaper to buy blank ones.

6. My first doll came with a face up and she still has it on today! It suits her character!

7. I got my first with a face-up because I wanted my first experience with a bjd to be a positive one. I was kind of on the fence about spending so much on a doll, so I opted for the "full set" so that I had a complete doll for the 1st. I can be a perfectionist and if that first doll had a bad 1st face-up or sat around blank, I was afraid I'd get buyer remorse. Glad I made that decision. Now I feel more confident about painting my own!

8. My first doll was bought secondhand with a custom face-up. It was definitely nice because at the time I joined the hobby I didn't know the reputation of any face-up artists in the community and I still don't have the confidence to do my own face-ups. Maybe once I get an event head or something I'll attempt it.

9. I bought my first doll with no faceup (because it's cheaper) and 8 years later I still think it was a mistake. Since my mother is really good at painting and very creative, I was hoping that she would do the faceup, but after failing twice (it wasn't a bad faceup but it wasn't perfect) she gave up and told me to try it myself. I didn't want to, I was too young and scared to try, so I quickly lost all interest in my doll because she wasn't as pretty as the BJDs I've seen online. It took me 8 years to finally get her out of the box and just TRY to do it. And know what, I actually really liked it! And I was better then I thought I would!

10. My first doll was a Doll Leaves R and he came with his face up even though I was never a huge fan of it, I still haven't been able to get his face to satisfy me like six years later lol

11. I ordered my doll blank because I knew for a fact that I wanted to do the face up myself. I had previously practiced on a monster high and a Blythe so I felt pretty ok when she arrived.

12. All my first three dolls are ordered with faceup.

13. Yeah! I ended up falling in love at a convention with the little fellow and bought him with the company face-up. I think it's had me go to being more inclined to order company face-ups for sure, though I am trying a couple on my own.

14. My first 1/3 scale doll was second-hand and totally blank. I don't think I had a ton in mind for her at the time-- it wasn't like I had a certain vision that I was trying to adhere to. I had done faceups on a few 1/6 scale Obitsus prior to owning this doll, and so I had juuuust enough experience to feel sort of confident that I'd be able to give her a decent face.

15. the first doll I got had a faceup but I added a few things to it to fit her character.

16. Yes i order my dolls with face up if possible. since I am isually undecided what I want them to look like. I will have them with default make -up and will dwcide later on if im going to change it or not [​IMG]

17. My first doll will be coming with a blank faceup as I really want to attempt to learn and do her faceup myself. And if that really doesn't work I can always send her to a professional for a custom one! More options imo.

18. Yes, my dolls so far all have company face ups, one standard and one custom. My next planned order will be sent off for a faceup though. Company faceups are nice, since you have a great idea what you are getting when you order.

19. My first one I ordered with face and body up. It was nice but they didn't do a super great job.. I don't feel I am good enough at it to do my own.