1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did your FIRST doll come with a faceup?

Dec 16, 2013

1. I got my both my dolls with faceups from the company. I did not want to run the risk of trying myself and having to send them back out to fix it. I really like the way they look with their current faceup anyhow.

2. I did get my first doll with her face-up. Then I got just her head again (because mine suffered lots of yellowing... Doll Newbie and all..) and she also had a face-up.
      However I decided to sent her off maybe 2yrs after I got her. And I still love her the same.
      She looked amazing with both face-ups, and I'm glad I decided to change things a little bit. C:

3. When I ordered my first doll (and my second) I wasn't a member of DOA and back then I knew so little about dolls and the hobby that I didn't even know you could do your own face ups, so I bought them with the company face ups. Seven years later and they still have those face ups which still look fine.

Later, after I'd joined DOA and had learned more about everything, I did think I would try my hand at doing my own face ups, but then decided I'm simply not artistic or patient enough, so if I end up with a doll with no face up, I send them off to get it done.

4. My first doll came with face up ^^ but its already two years or more I have him so he is now having his new face up that done by my own. Company face up is lovely but unfortunately it can't stay long :( because of time decades.

5. I got a company face up for my first doll. I couldn't do it myself for fear of messing it up and I didn't want to wait/pay for someone else to do it. I think if you don't have much experience with dolls and you are getting your first BJD, you should definitely get the company face up.

6. My first doll was a Resinsoul Mei with a default face up. When she arrived, I thought it was too plain for my tastes and I worked on her faceup myself. I liked it, but I have redone it twice since. Practice makes perfect!

7. I ordered my first doll with face up but nearly seven years later he has had several different face ups, none by me. I know I do not have the patience to try to do a face up. Plus I nit pick everything artistic I do no matter how good it is, so I would never be satisfied. None of my dolls have factory face ups except one and eventually I will get hers changed. I am slowly working on changing her character and with that change will come a new face up. I personally think it is best if you are new, unless you know people that do face ups, or trust your ability to get a doll with face up for your first.

8. My first doll (Luts Kid Delf Girl Salgoo) was without a face up, because I thought I would be able to do a simple one myself and save money. Well, I guess I overestimated my artistic skills... :|
      I'm still trying to make her look decent by changing and improving face ups, but I think I will eventually have to send her to a professional artist.

9. My first doll was a NS MiniFee Chiwoo that I bought from Luts 8 or 9 years ago, and he came with a face up C:
      I loved his face up dearly, and 2 years later when his face up became damaged I was terrified to send him off for a new face up :l
      I think I would have been sad if he had just been a blank head :C

10. Nope, I do it myself since I'm so excited in trying one. There's lot of trouble but I don't regret it at all, except when spraying MSC :sweat

11. First doll, I got with a face up. I did a lot of reading up on the topic and knew I wasn't going to invest in all the face-up supplies, masks and what-not in the beginning. The doll was expensive enough (and was a more moderately priced doll too). I figured in the off chance I never wanted another doll, It was cheaper to pay for the face up than to buy supplies and then hate the face up and become frustrated with the process and the doll.

12. I ordered my doll with the face-up just because I wanted to make sure I got her moneys worth. I'd rather get a $200 dollar doll and mess up the face-up and need help with it or her never have anything then do it with my 2K doll. I hope the next one I get I can do a face-up on.

13. My doll was in stock and already had default face-up, and I was glad about that cause I have no idea how to do it myself or even what materials to use. Maybe I'll ever give it a go myself if she needs a new one or I get another doll

14. My first doll came with a face-up, I just love the company's face-up so much for her. ^^

15. I absolutely got the company face up! I don't know if I want to invest all the time and money into doing them myself. Also I get really anxious and I have never sent a head off for a face up. I only buy ones that have company face ups I like or custom ones second hand on the marketplace here. Too much stress! Plus there are many companies that do amazing face ups. Especially Luts :)

16. I am ordering my first doll with company face up because I fell in love with promophoto.

17. My first doll came without faceup, in fact I made the house sent her directly to the artist so when my doll arrived home she was all beautiful!

18. My first doll came with a faceup that I eventually sent to a friend to redo. In fact, every doll I've purchased (except my 2 newest girls) came with company faceups. I'm not good at doing faceups personally and tend to enjoy company faceups. :)

19. I've never tried doing a face-up so my first doll, and all subsequent dolls came with face-up :). I generally like the company face-ups too as the way the face-up is done also does determine which dolls steal my heart :fangirl:. Though perhaps it is time to learn how to do face-ups since the artists always seem like they have so much fun :)

20. I knew that I did not have the skills to do something like that at the age I was and with the inexperience I had with BJD's and art in general, so I new I had to spend a little extra for the company face up. I did not regret it ^^