1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between Elfdoll Rainy Soah and Sooah

Feb 28, 2006

1. i like soah lips more that sooah !!=)

2. We now have photos of the two bust size bodies side by side at our group for comparison. One huge difference between the small and large bust bodies is that the butt is also different on both which I don't think any of us realized until these pictures were put up. So although, more people are now getting the large bust option than the small, most have said they like the butt on the small busted body better. Does this never end? We're joking that we now need a bust and butt option.

3. ohh thank you so much for this very useful info! --> we hope to finalise my boyfriend's girl soon :D

4. I couldn't find any great differences between them. Can someone explain this to a newbie in BJD land?
      Thanks!

5. Sooah is supposed to be an older, slightly mature model, as far as I know. If you look at their faces side-by-side, Sooah seems to have fuller lips and slightly more rounded eyes than Soah. Sooah also has folds on her eyelids, which Soah does not [nudity warning in that photo] Hope that helps a little :)

6. Ooh, I thought that was just the way they painted them, that made the faces look different! Thanks. Now I can decide which one I like better (if I can ever get the money together again).

7. To me, Soah's sculpt is younger and more Asian-looking.
      I am not sure whether this is true but there was a rumor that Soah was going to be discontinued soon (along with Ryung)? Maybe someone who's more knowledgable about Elfdoll can say whether that is still happening.

8. Yes, that's the difference, the lips and eyelids.

Maybe Soah is a bit more Asian-looking (she definetely looks younger or at least "more innocent"), but I think, with a right face-up Sooah can have (nearly) as much Asian look as Soah. With her default face-up Sooah doesn't look Asian to me, though. I wish to have Sooah, too, some day, and she should have Asian-looking face-up, then, as she would be sister to my Soah.

I hadn't heard rumour about Soah and Ryung going to be discontinued! So, I have no idea whether it is true or not, but I think it is possible, as Elfdoll seem to be doing some changes now. (They discontinued the Monnaemi sisters already, or, they will only be realeased as limited in the future.) I wish it wouldn't be true, though, because Soah is one of my very favourite sculpts along all BJD's. (And I have wild plans of getting a second one some day.)

9. They may just start offering Soah from the Elfdoll website and not from the other retail stores. There has been rumor of that happening with some of their dolls.

You just never know what is going to happen though.

I agree that Soah is younger and more Asian looking. Elfdoll was featured in a couple of magazines recently and they mixed up the names on the dolls a few times so that really added to the confusion over Soah and Sooah. If you go to the Elfdoll website you can see an obvious difference between the two of them.

They are both very pretty. :)

TammyK

10. That's possible too, I suppose. Luts used to sell Elfdolls, but they don't have them anymore. Actually, I just recently realised that some stores located in the USA sell Elfdolls as well. (I live in Europe, so it wouldn't make any sense for me to buy a BJD from USA instead of ordering it directly from Asia, though.)

I read the Haute Doll edition that several photos of both Soah and Sooah - but all the pictures were titled "Sooah". Obviously they didn't realise they were different dolls.

11. Hi! I read an explanation by Rainman about what he was trying to achieve with his scupts. He said that Soah was the most young and innocent, and then he created Ryung to be sophisticated and worldly. After that came Sooah to fall in the middle range as a grown up lady but not quite so worldly. If I figure out where I saw this interview I will get it into the forum. All communications from Elfdoll come in the most amazing broken English, but this one seemed pretty straightforward. Another member has accurately described the changes Rainman made to the Soah mold in order to create Sooah. Cheers! Tibby

12. Tibby, the interview was most likely in the latest Haute Doll.

Rainman has also said that he sculpted Sooah to be Soah's older sister... maybe that's why they look alike?

13. Please see the next post, sorry.

14. I bought an unpainted Soah, and I only wish I had gotten the faceup version. I wanted to paint her myself, but have not been able to find the time. Ever since I saw her I have wanted to get a Sooah head, but have not found one available. I only wish Rainman just sold the heads like other companies do. Since you are new to BJDs, do you know about the Ryung-Soah group on Yahoo? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ryung-soah/?yguid=6900172 There is an amazing amount of info about them, pix, posts, sooo much. You should consider joining that one in addition to DOA. --Terri

15. I have Sooah and have debated with myself for a long time on whether i want Soah or not. They look so similar and i want to have dolls that are different from each other. I Love the ElfDoll sculpts and might wind up with a sculpt of all their 60cm girls in one form or another. Very Distinct face-ups may be the answer and i do agree that Soah does look more asian than Sooah.

16. WARNING--the Ryung-Soah list can generate 500 messages a day in a busy period, and is not strict about keeping to topic.
      If this really bugs you, you may wish to join as read-on-the-web.
      I like it, myself, but it can be quite a shock if you aren't expecting it. :o *_*

Ann in CT
      and Nan, Ryung and 'Miss Bhutan'

17. I received my Sibara Saturday. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am with her. I think she is the most beautiful doll I have ever seen. When I first saw the red eyes, I thougt I would take them out immediately, but when I saw her I was completely enthralled. I don't think I will ever change anything about her face, not her eyes or makeup. I did try some other color eyes and they are excellent, but I love her just like she is. She does have a different skin color than either or Nabee and Ryung. Something in between. Today I took some pix of Sibara and Ryung side by side. I have not looked at them yet, but when I do, I will post them. --Terri

18. Hopefully Sooah will be at my house this year. I love her more mature look and the eyes are to die for. I guess this is a personal choice and I know many love their Soah and she is very nice I just prefer the more mature look

19. What are the differeances between Soah and SOOAH I think there is a slight difference in the face but is their differance in the body and if so is one and older version. Is ther newer one"better"?

Is this a Luts company that makes her? Thank you and sorry for all the questions!

20. they are 2 different face sculpts by Elfdoll. Soah is more asian looking and Sooah is more westernized looking with fuller/poutier lips and a defined eyelid.
      Both sulpts are available on either a large-bust (3-part torso_ or small-bust (2-part torso) body