1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between Elfdoll Rainy Soah and Sooah

Feb 28, 2006

1. Soah and Sooah do look similar it's true (I had a hard time telling them apart the first time I saw them). but like mhdolls said, Sooah -is- more westernized (the eyes are the biggest difference I can see. See how..almond shaped/squintier Soah's eyes are? Sooah has overall rounder/wider eyes (or in appearance it is)- due to the more defined eyelid). I -think- I could be wrong, so someone correct me if I'm wrong- that Soah came out first

2. I keep confusing their names *_* So-ah and Soo-ah! >_< I think Soah looks more childish and cute, while Sooah is more glamorized and mature. Plus Soah is more Asian-looking while Sooah is more Western-looking.

3. Thats why I am leaning towards I guess the "older or first" version of Soah because she looks more asian. They are both very pretty but I tend to like the the first ( i think?) Soah.

4. Aside from the make up difference , were the shape of the eyes for Sooah made different?

I have been trying to find side by side shots of Soah and Sooah to see what the difference is. I had seen a picture of one with plain make up but I didnt know who it was. I wanted that sculpt so I am trying to figure out who it was.

I know that Soah has been discontinued but I dont know who to search for since side by side comparisons are hard to find and the ones that I do have the make up are so different I still cant tell....:doh

p.s I tried to look in the picture request but not many side by sides there or close close ups

5. Hmm - I have my two girls side by side, but the makeup is drastically different. Okay, the eye shape is pretty similar, the lips are very different.

6. the lips are different? like one is bigger then the others?

7. I have a Soah, and remember wanting her over the Sooah because Sooah's lips were bigger. More "Bratz" style, it seemed to me. I'm not sure if there is a difference in the general head shape, but I can't see Sooah pulling off a younger look like Soah can.

Ok, I'm prejudiced!

8. Soah has Asian eyelids, without the fold/crease. Sooah has a fold/crease on her eyelids. Here's my Soah; no eyelid fold. Maybe someone will post a Sooah.

[​IMG]

9. Here's a pic of both. The most significant lip difference is that Sooah's point downward, giving her a more mature look. (Soah is in white, Sooah in yellow.)
      [​IMG]

10. Elfdoll's website has a fairly accurate depiction of the 2 dolls though not side by side

http://www.elfdoll.com/default/product/soah.php

http://www.elfdoll.com/default/product/sooah.php

Personally it seems Soah can appear a bit younger and more innocent than Sooah due to softer features - face is a little wider and eyes are set more widely apart. Sooah is perhaps a little older and slightly more edgy - face is mildly narrower and eyes have a little more upward tilt. Either doll in normal skin color or white skin is gorgeous and extremely versatile. With the same faceup they'd probably look like sisters.:aheartbea

11. From Elfdoll: "Sooah had double eyelids and plumpy lips from Soah's prototype. It was little difference but made a big difference at image."

Kathi

12. The major differences have been said already, but I think in terms of "feeling" Sooah looks much more serious and mature, whereas Soah has a subtle smile and looks younger.

13. aishteru mina san!

Yes ! Thank to all of you soo much. You dont even know how this has been plaguing me.

They are both beautiful but I am leaning towards Soah. Thanks for allyour input and links and pictures they were a big big help.Of course now I have to find a Soah head since they have been discontinued...*sigh*

14. ..........

15. I am really really really new to the 60cm girls. I got Sooah first. She really turned me on to the bigger girls and in less than a month, I'm up to 3 now. LOL Most of my others are the MSD size, along with a plethera of various sized smaller children.

16. Sooah was my first doll too! She's so gorgeous - congratulations!

17. Bumping this old thread because it was SO incredibly helpful <3

18. I hope I am in the right place and if not please let me know. I have the high heel feet that they offered for a while on Elfdoll but I can't remember what the size of the feet are for buying shoes. Do I just measure with a tape measure from front to back on the bottom. I'm sorry but I'm just confused about how to do this. Or is there a place on DoA that I can find the information?