1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between Volks SD body and SD13 Body?

Nov 16, 2004

1. You cannot purchase pureskin high heel feet outside FCS, and you cannot order the Suwarrico body for SD size dolls at all (for now).

2. Thanks for the clarification, I've been wondering about those differences and similarities for a while now.

3. it's the lenght of the entire doll SD13 are much taller :D

4. THANKS! though now it feels like its annoying to look at outfits and wonder if it fits^^.
      it'd be helpful if anyone has a comparison pics but its okay.
      im thinking of getting an SD from Dollmore, and they do have breast, would they be considered as a 10 or 13 I wonder? i guess anyone who owns lilis liv or orlando ray can answer

5. Actually, only Volks dolls are officially SD or SD13, so a Dollmore doll is not either one. The exact sizing, proportions, and terminology vary widely from one company to another. I don't know much about Dollmore, but you'll need to find comparison pictures of the specific body your doll will be with the standards (SD and SD13) to actually know what will fit.
      It's all very complicated, really, but it's great that you're here seeking answers! Without DoA, I would have been sunk when I got my girl--she's a full 5cm shorter and almost as much smaller in the waist compared to a standard SD!

6. Can a SD girl wear SD13 sized shoes? And is it neccesary to have high heeled feet to wear shoes with heels? Obviously for standing but in a sitting pose can you put the heeled shoes on a flat regular foot?

7. SD and SD13 girls have the same feet, unless you have an oldskin SD13 wich came with high heel feet, a FCS SD13 with high heeled feet, or have purchased HH feet separately through YJ.

And most so called SD13 shoes are perfectly wearable for ordinary, flat feet. Very few HH shoes have actual curved soles!

When it comes to SD/SD13 girls and SD13 boys however, then there's a real difference in size.

8. So an SD10 can wear high heeled shoes? That's so freaking awesome!

9. Since we're on the topic of feet, I have a question...I just bought an oldskin sd13 body from the marketplace, and she has sd length legs and feet with the old-type ball ankles. I wanted to give her longer legs, so I had my friend buy her some from the Volks LA store....I know pureskin sd and sd13 feet are interchangable, but is it the same with oldskin feet?

10. I'd stay away from shoes with a distinctly curved sole - you know, sort of S-shaped. Most high heels have a sole with more of a straigh slope than a curve - more of a / than an S - and those are fine on SD feet!

Oldskin SD and SD13 feet ought to be interchangable too, Junjun!

11. Hi!! I hope somebody can help me! >_<

I would like to see the differences between sd13 and sd10 boys volks bodies >_<

12. Thank you Valentine~~ This helps me a lot!!! ^^ *_____*
      But more pictures will be welcome :P

13. What is the difference between an SD size and a SD13 size? I am trying to buy some shoes for my girl but I don't know if they will fit since I can't find any measurements anywhere on the Volks site (I assume it's where the term comes from).

According to my doll's manufactor's site, her foot size is 7cm long. Will she fit a SD13 shoe?

14. It will depend on the specific foot and shoe, and whether it's for boys or girls. Volks has 2 sizes for the SD10 foot, and one for the SD13 girl. Shoes styled specifically for SD13 girls tend to have high heels and a very arched sole. If it's a looser fitting shoe, the flatter SD10 feet will probably fit, but tight shoes will not. My SD10s have feet of 6cm and 6 1/2cm. Shoe soles need to be a few mm longer than the actual foot to allow for dimension.

15. My Volks SD13 girls' bare feet are about 6.5cm long.

Linda S.
      galatia9

16. SD's have a ten-year-old body, while SD13's have a 13-year-old-body (at least that's what someone told me).

17. SD boys, SD girls, and SD13 girls (at least in pureskin, I don't know how oldskin compares) all have the same size feet. The SD13B shoes you see there are for SD13 boys, which have much larger feet. If the SD/13 feet are indeed 6.5cm like the above posters have said (I haven't measured my Yugiri's feet) and your girl's feet are 7cm, it would probably depend on the cut of the individual shoe whether or not it would fit her feet. Your best bet would probably be to find someone with the exact shoe you'd like and ask them to measure it for you, to better determine if it would fit or not. Sorry I can't help much. :sweat

18. Thanks everyone! The shoe in question is the Dollheart shoe here: http://www.bjdollarama.com/product_p/dollheart_ls-46remake.htm and my girl, Buddy Doll April, actually isn't home yet. But if you all say the foot size of an SD13 girl is 6.5cm then I am afraid the shoe will not fit :...( Since it is a pointed toe and has an arched sole, I am too afraid to order the shoe with all that against me.

19. okay i wonder if anybody can explain to me the difference between the two ?