1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Different dolls for the same character?

Jun 19, 2007

1. yay! i was thinking of starting a thread like this, and here one is!

i just ordered the Limited White Skin version of a doll i already have, have always wanted in WS, and have no intention of selling (just the incomplete thought made me cry XD). since he cannot be anyone else other than his character, he will be "housed" in both dolls at the same time. i have no problem with this (in theory) because the two different dolls will be him at different times in his life...it makes sense to me but has already confused my friends even tho the second doll isnt here yet. i also have two (ok one is a floating head, but still...) child versions of him...longer story even but again it makes sense when i take the time to explain it.

lol i dont see this as a problem or dilemma...but im starting to need a flow-chart to keep track of one character @_@.

2. I've thought about doing this too..... O_O..... but then I think about the funds I'd have to use for just one character and talk myself out of it. However, I understand the line of thinking -- so it's not necessarily a strange idea!

3. I sort of have done this... I have an "army of Sylvyrr" as I like to call it. A vinyl Volks Sylvyrr, a Pullip Sylvyrr, a Bobobie 43cm Sylvyrr... even a Build-a-Bear Sylvyrr for what it's worth! I'm currently looking around for an appropriate tiny to be "baby Syl". I don't play favorites with my characters, nooo... ^^;

4. I'm actually in the middle of trying to come up with something like this. My future doll has two stories, original and reincarnation. I'm trying to figure out if I should have two dolls, two heads, or just use the same doll since the two are identical anyway... ^^;

5. I'm planning on doing that actually. My character Kazuma changes drastically from the time he is 15 to when he is 17. I already have his 15 year old version and I would love to get his 17 year old self. I don't want to sell his first original form because I just adore him too much. Besides, I think it's fun to have two dolls of the character. You can show how much your character has changed. So I don't think it's strange at all.

6. I'm planning on doing this, actually. Not so much a "younger" or "mini-version," but one of my characters has been reincarnated in a Souldoll Jinwoo. Very nice, and a handsome doll, to be sure, but unfortunately proportion-wise and style-wise he doesn't work with the other dolls from his storyline. So, now I'm looking to have a second, more stylized version of him hanging around. There really won't be any difference in their ages or anything--they're just two different interpretations of the same character. ^^;

I'm really bad about this sort of thing, though. I want mini-versions of just about everyone too! XD

But, I am glad to see that I'm not the only one in this boat!

7. This thread really helped a lot. I've decided to do what some of you have said. I'm going to upgrade my doll and keep the old one and just get it out maybe once a month as a younger version of the same character. I think it's a really cool idea to have a young and old version of the same doll. :) Thanks guys!

8. Been there, done that. :mwahaha

Seriously... I have younger selves of my SDs, represented by MSDs, and they co-exist in the same time period, due to what a friend of mine refers to as the "spatial anomaly" under my house. One of my SD girls has 2 tiny parts of her soul that have physically manifested, represented by 2 dolls of the same sculpt as her. And one of my boys is represented in 3 age periods: 4, 9 and 15, by a Yo, MSD and SD13, respectively.

It's a great excuse to buy MSDs and duplicate sculpts. ;)

9. thats how it started with me too. i really just wanted an excuse to buy Pado and he looks too much like Kara Klum to be anything but the same person, and the tiny head im using was a free gift...my character is officially in doll form at 3 as a YO, 10 as an MSD, 200 (hes a vampire) NS SD and 500 as a WS SD of the same sculpt. they all have the same wig. its a little scary O.O

10. I kind of used it myself as an excuse for a LittleFee that otherwise wouldn't fit anywhere in my dolly family (prior to Soom just destroying the whole thing with their dolls...); so Luc is actually the child version of Gabriel, or will be when I'm done with his mods and wig.

11. My friend is getting two dolls each for younger and older versions of her characters.

I'm not sure how it'd work.

12. I have two versions of the same girl, thanks to the magic of TIME PARADOX. :lol: It's allowed me to get two vastly different perceptions of the same happening, and quite telling in how they view it differently. :)

13. One of my best friends has done this/is working on doing this sort of thing with one of her characters so she can have him at like all different stages in life. Closest thing I'm contemplating is when I get my chiwoo, I think I want two open eyed heads so that I can give it a natural looking face and one with more makeup to be like a stage face since the character is in a visual band.

14. Ugh, I managed this unintentionally. XD I have four dolls that are either 4 individual sisters, or the same girl at 4 stages in her life (Ages 4, 10, 14 and 17 by a Yo Yuki, MSD Midori, SD10 SwD Nono and SD13 Nono)

They coexist well; my biggest problem is trying to decide which girl she is if they are all the same girl. @.@

15. i am ify on the subject I originaly started with aiming for a soony for one of mine but i think a dod dot E-an looks like her it is hard for me to say which one is and or is not her.

16. While I absolutely love the idea... I probably wouldn't act on it. Not the way my mind's working at this point in time.

I've had ideas of getting a Leeke-D Chouette as the child version of Reiss, my Crobidoll Yeonho; getting a male version of Cho Jaerin, this female character that I've got and have not found a sculpt for in the first place (and the male version's not even her male twin and in the first place she does have a male twin, Junmi, if that isn't confusing enough); and getting Luts SDF Loid as a manlier version of Shimazaki Rasiel, this gay definitely-on-the-bottom male character whom I have also not found a sculpt for.

I might possibly heck it and act on these ideas in future, since they're rather essential to RP, but what's stopping me atm is reality, virtually. I don't want to waste money buying dolls just to play a severely minor role in photostories and the such. And I definitely do not want these guys to have the same names as the original characters when out of the timeline, since it's just plain confusing--therefore if I give them different names they obviously have to have different backstories as well, and in the end they'll become different people altogether. Which isn't my intention in the first place.

But it's turning out to be the case for the last idea, supposedly-manly!Ciel has the alias Mikasaki Keiru, thank God for age-old characters being resurrected to fit perfectly for the role (and damn Loid for making me want him this badly ><). I might really, really cave to the second idea too, male!Jaerin is seriously epic hot as a dude, not that she isn't already epic hot as a chick. ;)

17. I've thought about a grown-up version of my Honey Delf, Clarice, in the form of Dollstown Hannah. But I've also thought about having her as Clarice's mother... or her own character entirely :XD: But I don't think its odd to have different age versions of the same character at all.

18. I have two different resin avatars for my favorite MMO toon... a LittleFee Elf Shiwoo 6 year-old version of him (Pally) and an EID Akando "grown-up" version (Palrah). A couple of my gamer friends have dubbed the little one "travel sized". XD

19. I would like to have my character in "baby" and "adult" mode...
      But there's no money, so... for now, just one doll per character O_O

20. you are not alone= =~~~ i have like three dolls for one character now Orz , but i do have a littile bit intention to sell one of them, but he is the first doll i fell in love , the doll that drag me into this bjd world, so deep inside i don't want to leave him , but i still trying to sell him now~~~~