1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Different dolls for the same character?

Jun 19, 2007

1. Clover and Syrinx (who are mother and daughter) play the adult and kid versions of eachother
      (Clover has played Kid Syrinx, and Syrinx has played Future Clover)

2. I currently have 2 versions of Haniel. One is a tiny that is his regular form (that of a 6-year old child) and the other is his teenage form that he can change into for a couple of hours at a time. Haniel is a demon, BTW, and is why he can change his shape/apparent age at will. I never intended to buy him as a doll at all, but the opportunity came up in the MP to get both versions of him (at different times) so I jumped at the chance and got him and I'm very happy with my purchases.

But as for having dolls for characters that are chronologically different ages, I'm resisting doing that (and probably will lose the fight *sigh*) for the Twins, Vuchel and Vashin. I'd originally seen them as RS Bao (for their child forms) and was content with that. Then, while looking at something else, I saw the perfect sculpts for them as late teens/early adults *head desk*. I'm caught now in not being sure which dolls I should get as I feel like I'd have to buy them as sets as they're never apart in my head and I had zero plans to have two versions of them in-house. I'm not even sure what I'd do with 2 different ages of the same characters. But each age version has pro/cons and I find myself running in mental circles as I try and decide.

3. I don't have any "duplicate" characters yet.

I have plans for getting Miyuki's alternate-and-older self, Idalia, and I may get a teenage Miyuki some day, too, but that's a whole long convoluted story involving genetic experiments and time/space continuum rifts and, in general, SCIENCE GONE WRONG.

I had originally planned to get Carin and others involved in her storyline as Pukipukis, but when the Napidoll Ricardo head came into my posession, that changed. I haven't decided if I want to do the puki versions still or no.

I'm always fascinated by different versions of characters. I like to see how they've developed, how one change in the past can change an entire character. It's pretty fun. :3

4. I don't think it would be strange at all. It would make an interesting photo story actually. Especially if one is smaller than the other, then they could meet themselves in the past/future if that makes any sense.

5. Since posting in my early days of the hobby, back on page 1, I've gone completely insane and done this with pretty much every doll I own. Either I have a main head and and optional young and/or old head (for the characters who spend most of the time in the story as adults), or two separate dolls of the same character as a child and as an adult (or one as a toddler/older child, since the character doesn't have an adult version). I think only Janie, Will, Abby and the New Girl are singles right now. And I'm actually thinking the New Girl might actually end up being an SD version of Janie *_*

Not all the option heads have faceups right now, but I do own the heads and intend to give them faceups or send them off as soon as time/finances allow. But the kids/adults are currently complete. Not one of them is going anywhere, since I love the adult and child versions just as much. It was never my intention to replace. My story's timeline spans over 80 years, and the biggest majority of the cast is shown growing up and/or growing old. They're all the same characters to me, whether they're 10 or 30 or 65.

One thing that hasn't changed since I first posted - I get around not needing younger versions of my two 'middle' generation characters by having their MSD-sized "children" play them. Benjamin still resents having to play a girl. Too bad :P Ttoris make adorable girls.

This reminds me my signature is out of date...Got to add and change around some of these fine resin folks... it's already at max size. I guess I have to shrink it some more.

6. I was thinking about doing an all ages of my Isis character baby, tot, child, teen and adult. But I'm not sure anymore because there are so many dolls I want and so many family members to Isis. That I might not do that. She has a lover... twin daughters... an baby. Then the twins have four dragons that they share. And a son ... 2more girls and 1 or 2 more boys

7. Oh I definitely want another sculpt to represent the same character but I know it's just an excuse to get that doll. I'd want Volk's SDGr Okita Souji to be the younger version of my current doll but again, it's just an excuse because I want that sculpt, not that I need it or wanted it for any photoshoots (or even like the sculpt that much).

8. I have two characters with child and adult version dolls. ♥ Lorina's are a Bambicrony Emily (age 10) and an Iplehouse Rexy (26,) while Ilari is a Leekeworld Mabel (12) and a Migidoll Owen (18.)

9. Well mine was an accident.....
      I got that Littlefee hybrid, and for whatever reason I named him Loki. He was a sweet little, very innocent child until Tom Hiddleston came along in Avengers. From then on his character changed, and my obsession with loki grew. I found the Dim MNM head, and decided that was the only MNM I liked, but would never get. I found the Loki head I fell in love with, and after the artist said she would releas him for a 70cm body.... well that MNM head called out very loudly.
      Now they are sitting together in my living room, Littlefee Loki and 70 cm Loki, deeply in conversation, and hopefully not planing on taking over the world, while they wait for Big Lokis main head to be released and his clothes to be done/arrive.
      So the story evolved arround my dolls, and now there is a curse envolved and many other things, that are sooooooo far away from that sweet innocent child god I had not planed, but gotten anyway.

10. [​IMG]

I have the same character at three ages (21, 15 and 6) and a non-age-specific chibi version. :D

11. I had tentative plans for a younger - or perhaps just chibi - version of one of my mini boys, but not sure I'll go through with it yet or not. also I may've forgotten which sculpt I'd decided on /cue face-burning embarrassment

Your boy(s) are awesome, solitary agent.

12. I'm currently flirting with this idea. I have a much-beloved OC who I've always wanted to turn into a doll, but I can't decide if I want to do his teenaged form, or his adult form first. And to make matters worse, the absolutely perfect sculpts I want to shell my boy in are both LE. *shakes fist*

13. I have two boys that I have both MSD and SD versions of. Not so much older and younger versions, they are the same age, but this way the characters are able to interact with dolls of friends of mine regardless of their size when we do photoshoots together.

14. Wow... I can't believe my reply to this goes all the way back to 2009 when I only had one pair like this. :sweat Originally, I did the "two dolls one character at different ages" thing purely to justify a LittleFee... and as much as I hate it, the idea kind of came back in force last year. This time, the characters aren't different ages (the LittleFees are chibis), but the family of 5 minis I originally planned turned into a family of 5 MSD and 5 LTF, though not all five (or all pairs) have arrived. I do currently have two of Razzy and Jace, and will likely have the remainder fully shelled by the end of the year. On top of that, I'm up to THREE Edwards, and will eventually add a third Jace as well. Apparently, I was only just getting started down this dangerous spiral when I originally replied here...

15. I've kind of gone insane with multiple versions of my characters since the last time I posted.

I have SD, Mini and Puki versions of several of my characters, younger versions of three and so many Alexes...
      The SDs, (zx;'a <-- my cat typed that) Minis, Pukis and one Chibi are all adults, just different scales, because I like all the scales.

David
      SD - Migidoll Ryu (and Cynical Ryu ((which he is right now)) and Vampire Ryu)
      Mini - Migidoll Mir
      Puki - Puki Sugar

Uriel
      SD - Migidoll Miho
      Mini - Limwha Mono
      Puki - Puki Pipi

Aishe
      SD - CP SP Breakaway
      Mini - MNF SP Breakaway
      Puki - SP Flora

Isis
      SD - Dollmore Fine
      Mini - Souldoll Janne
      Puki - Madeline

Wyn
      Adult (SD) - B&G Sapphira
      Baby - Little Monica Audrey
      Puki-size - Felix Brownie Jiny

Boo
      Young - Soom AI
      Not as Young - Dollzone Ro

Alex
      Adult (SD) - Dollmore: Kara Klum, Thinking Kara Klum, Thinking Kara Klum, Cold Heartbroken Kara Klum
      Teen - Dollmore Liebe Klum
      Little - Dollmore Kid Pado
      Tiny - Dollmore Narsha
      Baby - Leekeworld Bebe
      Tiny Baby - Napi Choo Popo
      Mini - Doll Chateau Colin
      Chibi - SQLabs Tsubaki
      Puki 1 - Puki Chichi
      Puki 2 - Puki Nanuri 13
      And I'm ordering another one this month.

I am seriously obsessed with recreating my characters in different ages and sizes...That's the majority of my dolls XD
      It's so much fun though!

EDIT: I forgot one

Azrael V1: Dollmore Cold Heartbroken Thinking Kara Klum
      Azrael V2 (aka Skullface): Dollmore Cold Heartbroken Kara Klum

16. Actually having multiple dolls for one characters is one of the many reasons I'm able to justify to myself getting pukipuki's as I've found 3 that work for chibi versions of my larger characters. And for characters that I have where my story line would have them aging I've totally been trying to find multiple dolls that look like that character from different ages :3 Plus goofing around with the whole look I'm holding my younger self thing is always fun ^w^

17. Solitary Agent- Cute picture.

VampireAngel13- Wow.:)

I plan on doing child versions of my boys and an adult of child I want. Sadly, I don't own the child yet. But I don't consider it strange and it seems others here don't either

18. I don't think it would be strange at all! I don't currently own any same-character-at-different-age pairs, but I have some planned for the future (I'm hoping to get a Little Gem in grey skin to be my young!Falx, another in Light Violet to be young!Seira, and I'm definitely planning on a Goss to be my young!Nouva as well). I know I won't find it uncomfortable to own them, because I already have a similar system going with a character who is represented by two heads (Seira, my Soom Migma, has both her human and her fanged head to represent her different moods).

19. I really like the idea of having multiple dolls for representing the different ages of one character. I'm planning on getting an older version of my MSD sized doll one day, or maybe that's just an excuse so that I can get an SD sized doll and a more grown-up accompanying wardrobe to play with, but for now I must resist.

So I don't find having different dolls for the same character strange at all and have always thought that it was a fairly popular thing.

20. My character Ashton will have two different versions..although one isn't really him. Niah is pretending to be Ashton to protect him from assassination attempts. She is a clone of his ancestor, and they look very much alike. The biggest difference being their gender. Niah, will be doing double duty of portraying herself..and Ashton. During the timeline of the story she interacts with many of my other dolls as Ashton. They don't know she's not Ashton. However, once Ashton returns..she's continues on as herself. She'll have two different wardrobe... I really hope the real Ashton will be able to use the same clothes.They will have a similar build. I'm banking on the new Moe Minifee boys to be similar enough to the female a-line in shape and size. It'll probably be completely off and things won't look right, but I'm crossing my fingers.