1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Different in Heights

Feb 16, 2010

1. I don't have stories, relationships or fully-developed character for my dolls, I just buy the ones I like, hehe. Size isn't really a factor, though sometimes I wish it were, as it would be a lot easier to buy one size of doll clothes and have them work for everyone, heh. :vein

2. None of my doll's characters are connected in anyway, they pretty much are independent of one another which allows me to chose sculpts that match them without worry about height. I was however thinking today how nice it would be to have them all the same height so they could interact *sigh* but in the end the look wins out.

3. Normally I would only care if they are couples even though the only couple I own happen to have a 5cm height difference ha ha and the girl is taller. I just think it gives them more character.

4. It just depends on personal preference! I sort of like tall-short couples so that's what my boys are...tall and short :P Height differences can infuse more personality for dolls but sometimes it's hard to photograph different height dolls together ._. so it's abit of a 50-50 situation, but if it really fits your requirements anything will go!

5. With couples I generally want the guy to be a bit taller, or the same height as the girl. Otherwise, I don't really care. I have 3 different heights right now, they look cute together ^-^

6. Although they won't be dating or anthing, I'm worried incase SDs look massively awful next to MSDs... See, I'm planning on getting two SDs at some point to be the friends of the two MSDs I have now and I'm freaking out incase it just looks wrong. D:
      I'll probably still get 'em anyway though, so whatever, haha.

As for couple heights, etc - I'd get whatever I imagine them to look like in real life. So if the boy is just a leeettle bit taller, I'd try to reflect that.

7. Since my doll looks a lot like me, I decided I would get her a boyfriend who looks like my husband. I'm exactly five feet tall, and my husband is about six feet, five inches, and I want the dolls to reflect this height difference. Hence, since my dolly is an MSD, I'm thinking a sixty centimeter doll, after seeing pictures of size comparisons, might be just about the right height I'm looking for. It may look strange, but, so do my husband and I, in real life!

8. I choose heights based mostly on age and appearance. ^^ All of them are SD sized, just the exception is a 70cm boy.

I plan to make a couple with big height difference, a 60cm girl and 70cm guy - but they're supposed to have 10 year-gap on age from one to another.

9. I personally love height differences xD

While right now I only have two MSDs and a YoSD, I like the idea of height differences. I have one character I plan on having in the form of a 70cm doll because his OC form is a REALLY tall guy. Others I'm going to have anywhere from 52cm to 60cm. As couples, they'll all vary from being paired with MSDs to SDs their own height.

It's just ~diversity~, nothing wrong with that :D

Though YoSD/SD would be very... different. I mean, I only say "different" and not "weird" because my YoSD is an "adult," but that'd be a REALLY huge size difference.

10. Personally I don't care about the different sizes. I doubt any of my dolls would have significant others as I'd feel really awkward on pushing the doll to like another doll it may not even care for, I'm weird, so I wouldn't have issues there. I do plan on a set of sisters but there will be some slight height differences because of age. But in general, I get what I like regardless of size.

I have a 60-ish cm girl, a 40cm girl, and am currently waiting on a 27cm girl to ship, all of which have very little relation to one another. I think I'm gonna plan on getting at least one of each size- so that way if my mums wants to get me dolly clothes for a gift at some point she doesn't have to worry much about getting the wrong size. lol

11. MSDs look like young children (the equivalent height of a 7 year old) next to a SD so it's something to think about. Here's a comparison: dollfie/barbie sized~~MSD~~SD
      [​IMG]

12. I do like my dolls roughly the same size, because I noticed everything smaller wasn't goint to stay and I couldn't really bond with them. My doll are 52-63cm in range, but I also owned some MSD's and a puki but they never lasted for some reason.

13. ATM I have 4 complete dolls, all different sizes. YoSD, MSD, SD and 70cm :p
      I don't have much problems with putting the smallest on pics with the others,since it's a real child. The MSD doesn't fit with the taller ones, but I have another MSD planned :p
      The biggest problem are the two taller ones. I actually planned them to be a couple, but I'm going to step back from that idea I think. They are both boys, so a more or less similar height is a bit needed for me. 10cm difference is a lot, they can't even sit next to each other and look at each other :(
      Maybe I should just get another few dolls, but don't tell my boyfriend! xD

14. I like my couples to have less than an 5cm difference. My adults are MSD sized, although I plan to get an SD sized couple and have them as giants (I write photostories set in the real world, but most of my characters are supernatural creatures that the human eye doesn't see) I also have tinies as kids, and my puki really isn't in scale at all. Hehe, but that's okay.

15. I think one head taller is really cute for couples... which is why I'm desperately looking for some platform mary janes for one of my dolls. OTL To be honest, they were never intended to be a couple, so the 70/60 proportions didn't bother me so much until I decided to pair them up. Or more precisely, stand them up together. Doesn't help that the only pair of boots that fit my 70cm doll are platforms and my 60cm doll tends to go around barefoot. They look like a 60/40 couple. T_T

Other than that, mature minis just look proportionately wrong with my SDs, which is why I will never be able to own a cute minifee. :\

16. I think I would like the difference in height, especially for a couple, it just seem nicer that way- to me, any way.

17. I think I'd personally like mine to match (so therefore be MSD size, a few cms doesn't matter, and actually I think slight differences would be quite nice) especially if they're supposed to be related or a couple or generally connected to each other.

If I was to get a bigger doll (there are some bigger ones I really like, so it might happen), I think I'd have to give them a completely different story and make them completely unconnected to the ones of a different size.

18. I pick my dolls based on height range, and if a few of them are a couple, then yes the height and proportion to each other matter. My girls are between 64-68cm while the boys are 64-71cm, so they're pretty similar and fit well with each other.

19. I like height differences between my dolls, I have one couple where the guy is a head taller than my girl, but my second couple the difference between them is 1 or 2 cm. It would be boring if all of them were the same height. :)

20. I'd want them to be in the same height range/scale, but not necessarily the exact same height.
      I don't want them to look like a child and an adult if they're supposed to be a couple, but people are naturally different heights. If my girl did have a boyfriend, I would want him to be bigger, because she's supposed to be short.