1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Digidolls Discussion

Nov 10, 2019

1. What I did with the weak magnets was I bought some on Amazon and added them on top of the existing magnets. They’re much stronger now.

I haven’t tried fixing the hand magnets yet. I have both extra hands and they’re all unusable. I’m also nervous about freezing them.

2. I think digi dolls posted on Instagram saying that caster will send free replacements for people who contact her.
      Finally made a wig for my girl that I like
      Login • Instagram

3. @forged_in_mess is correct. She posted it in her stories so the message is gone now but just contact digidolls and tell her which of your hands need replacing.

@forged_in_mess your wig came our so pretty. You did a great job.

4. I contacted DigiDolls about the hands immediately when I received my doll. Now it’s just the waiting game.

5. I would reach out to her again to confirm she has you in her list. Enough of us reached out to her that this is an issue so I wouldn't want you to get lost in her messages.

6. No faceup yet but she does have a cute outfit that I made her.
      [​IMG]

7. She’s so cute! Love how her wig color suits her~

8. Wow, she looks really cute :D

I finally painted face on my bunny, hope you don't mind some spam.

Login • Instagram

Let me know how do you like her :celebrate

9. @slight Thank you. I saw the wig and had to get it for her. I am happy it matched so well. :kitty2

@forged_in_mess Thank you. Your bunny girl looks so cute. :XD: She looks so sweet.

10. Made my girl a yarn wig and some stockings :lol:
      All 4 heads are out for faceups at the moment! :whee:
      [​IMG]

11. @juumou She is cute. I love the color of her socks. I can't wait to see all of our girls completed.

I haven't done a faceup where I need to be consistent across heads. It will be a new challenge.

12. For anyone having issues with their spare hands, I've got an update of sorts.

I tried that freezer technique I read about. I left the hands in the freezer for a few hours. Once I removed them, I tried a few ways to pull them out. I even took a knife with the smallest blade to try to get in between the resin and the magnet. I went so far as to carefully carve along the magnet.

It doesn't work. Super glue isn't intended to weaken when cold. It's designed to survive the elements and this super glue does it's job. There is no way to remove that magnet.

The next thing I tried was to put in some eye putty in the hand. I wondered if the putty would hold a new magnet or if the opposing magnetization would be too strong.

That doesn't work either. Even with a new magnet puttied into the hand, the opposition still pops the hand off of the wrist.

There is no way to fix this. We just have to wait on the manufacturer to replace them. :(

13. I tried freezer + exacto knife too, no luck.
      Today I tried hot gluing the hands onto the ball joints but they popped right off too :(
      However! I hot glue sueded my girls' joints and they hold poses like a DREAM :aheartbea no more crazy arms! lol

#33 juumou, Apr 28, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    14. Oh I may have to try this for the arms as well. Is it hard to do this? I have seen some videos online on how but I have never done it so I don't know if it's really easy as just smearing some glue in there.

15. It really is as easy as smearing some hot glue in there XD I use the flat edge of tweezers to smear flat a bead of hot glue on half a joint, blow to dry, move elastic and do the other half. I don't unstring to hot glue suede.
      These girls resin is so super smooth that sometimes the hot glue sueding just peeled right off. And I'm noticing it during handling too. So I'm not sure how well it will hold. But there is no more snapping of the arms and the torso can lean forward way more!

16. To be honest I am not a fan of single joints design on zodiac girl. She is super cute, but it is very hard to pose her in more than two, three poses. Joints don't lock almost at all, any type of middle way isn't possible. I added hot glue. Didn't do much. But wiring really helped a lot. I feel huge difference. But still doll won't even sit on the chair and there is no option to make her head tilt up or down ( there should be option to make he look down, but lock doesn't work, and head snaps back to normal position straight away).

Now I am very scared to buy any dolls that have single jointing in knees or in elbows, so all my next dolls ordered are double jointed. At first I was quite happy, when she was just standing but any other pose is just not working. She is a definite piece that stands on the shelf instead of picture purposes :(

But wiring makes a huge difference. On those photos arms literally hold purely on wiring
      Login • Instagram

17. Maybe try kips (little silicone discs) inside the head under the s-hook, and inbetween the head and neck? I had a super bobbly tiny (Sio2 sheep bleater) and it helped a little bit.
      I've had larger dolls with single joints in arms, and pose no problem, but that's just personal preference :)

18. I may take her apart and blush her. If I do that, it might help give the hot glue something to hold onto.

19. resurrecting this thread cuz i got my hands on one of these cute puppy girls a while back! Say hi to Sakura! I need to get her a better wig and maybe some green eyes that actually fit lol these were temporary eyes, she has eyes that fit now.
      [​IMG]

20. #40 juumou, Feb 23, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 5, 2022