1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DIKA Doll discussion

Jan 7, 2010

1. Congrats @Chibi Kitsune I can't wait to see him! I've heard nothing but good things about the dollstown bodies.

2. Hello everyone! Can we join? ^_^

This is my DK Dew mod, her name is Magdalene or Magda/Mag, she's fairy. Yes, she's very large fairy without wings and magic dust...)

[​IMG]IMG_2055 by Tania Scherbakova, on Flickr

[​IMG]

3. Bai Xuan is here, buuuuut... it's the vampire version, which was not mentioned anywhere on Jeeryama's ebay listing. It's not a huge deal to me, he's going to be a cat demon so fangs are okay, but I'm a little annoyed all the same. He also has a piece of velcro tape stuck to his forehead, is that standard for Dika? It left a sticky residue when I pulled it off :(

[​IMG]

4. All Dika's flaws are standard for this company. My girl arrived to me without elf ears. It wasn't essential for me, but I was a little annoyed too(( Also she was higher 2 cm above and... excuse me... she was fat like a cow Т_Т So I have some issues with the selection of clothes and shoes for her((
      Don't worry about the stickiness, it's easy to remove by alcohol.
      Nevertheless, DK should be more responsible company... =___=

5. Hi, I'm still new around here, and asking about a lot of different of dolls. I'm wondering about the version 1 and version 2 43cm girl bodies from Dika. Opinions on the good or not-so-good aspects of the versions? I'm considering a Peony Lion. Thanks for your help! :)

6. well, I used to have the 1st version (the plumpier one <3 ) and I liked it a lot :D It seems to me, from the ompany photos that the second version has the very same feet and hands, only the rest of the body slimmed down. Idk how it affects e.g. their posability, but that of my old dika body was AWESOME. It felt volksy in its plumpiness, but it posed like gold. The new one - no offence - seems a little too slim and tiny for thier rather large heads.... imho ;) Hope it helps?

8. Does anybody have a picture of dikadoll silent/lune?

9. Hello, Dikadoll owners) I've decided to show here my new doll - Max. She is Dikadoll Shall on Spiritdoll Proud 1st ver Girl body and she is my first BJD-girl)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. @Memfis Your Shall is gorgeous! I love her casual cool style

11. @Memfis Whoa! She is so pretty! I love her style and kudos for a fab pic!!!!! That wig looks superb on her, great job and congrats on your first dolly-love.

12. @Memfis she is great! And seems the camera loves her

13. Thank you very much)
      Thank you! I just can't stop playing with her, it's really love)
      Thanks a lot)

14. Hello I'm joining here cause I ordered a dk aqua and wondering if anyone here has one it's hard to find pictures of him ^ ^

15. Does anyone with more knowledge about Dikadoll know where I could see blank photos of Floyer? (Artist website?)

Shots of him remind me strangely of Alan Rickman, and it looks like there might be a dreaming head as well.

#655 americanseamstress, Jun 13, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    16. He literally just was released the other day, so no one is going to have pictures if dikadoll hasn't provided them. You can try emailing dika doll and asking for blank photos. That's your best bet.

#656 Sillypeach, Jun 13, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    17. @Sillypeach

I hoped for an artist's webpage or something. I thought I found one with a quick google search, but it's hard when you can't read the language.

I was hoping a veteran Dikadoll owner might know if one existed or not!

18. @Cloudedmind

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know about the Instagram!

I wanted a blank photo to determine if the details in the faceup (particularly the sculpting of the eyes) are all paint, or actually sculpted into the head. (And the lips of the faceup are concerning--I need to determine if they're actually shaped in the way I think, or it's the faceup.) The promotional photos were enough to get my interest, but not enough to actually buy the head. (It was the sword that drew me initially, because I've been looking into making or painting an existing one for another doll.)

I have admired the company for a while, however--I do love a company that offers a variety of resin colors!

I like to try to get the answer to my questions through alternative means before contacting the company because the answer usually is somewhere--but perhaps not in this instance. (And I know what it's like to put tons of effort into presenting something, and then have someone overlook or miss your hard work!)

I've tried looking at all the BJD websites and known DikaDoll dealers for more pictures, but I can't find blank photos. I was hoping the difficulty was because I only had access to the internet via mobile. I suppose I will need to contact DikaDoll.

19. Hi! I was wondering if some of you could clarify the current resin colors. I usually like a normal-yellow, as it's usually a skin tone with a slight peach undertone, but the normal yellow in the Dikadoll pic just looks like a very yellow tone. The normal pink looks like a pinkish-white (which might be easier to hybridize - depending on how it ages?).

Anyone order a recent normal yellow, or have a normal pink from about a year ago? (I want to order a head, but the character needs a shorter, stockier body than DDoll has.)