1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dikadoll Kid Discussion part 1

Jul 24, 2010

1. I really love Lingri/lingyue How adorable they are! nelalius your Lingryue is so nice looking! I wonder.. do you think that that the normal pink would match RS?

2. My friend is getting her first BJD and it is a dikadoll rena head, in whit. we are wondering what wig size fits as well as what bodies resins would look best with her? please and thank you!

3. I just ordered a Dika Doll Rena. She was an in stock item and was shipped right away :D
      She'll probably be here sometime at the end of next week. So that doesn't give me much time to get her a wig.
      What size wig should I get her though, a 7-8?

4. I'm quite impressed by Dikadoll! Their quality is great and they have such beautiful sculpts! I got my second mini body now, but this time I decided to get a full doll. Usually I only needed the body for another head but since the price for the full doll wasn't much higher, I thought it would be a good idea to get another floating head to play with... So I ordered Dikadoll Blanca, pure white. And I fell so much in love with her head - I ordered an own body for her the same day.
      This is Sadie, my Blanca head, waiting for her body now:

[​IMG]

5. I was wondering what eye size do fit this children? And wig size too, :sweat

And do normal MSD sized clothes fit them?

I'm considering of getting one so I'm looking everywhere for those info.

6. My doll is in the mail and she'll probably be here tomorrow *fingers crossed*. I have all 7-8 size wigs in my collection, I'll try to fit her into one of those and let you know if it's the right fit. I plan to order some 6-7 just in case. She will come with random eyes, so I'm guessing 12-14. I can measure them for you if you want. Also about clothes, MSD size ones are all I have, different variety, so some of them must fit her.

7. Can anyone tell me how smooth or gritty dikadoll resin is? I bought some jointed hands a long time ago and I was wondering if their resin is any less smooth/shiney than it used to be. I'm in love with Yolanda~ >w<

8. Dikadoll resin is still extemely smooth and shiny. You won't be disappointed. I love touching the arms of my dikadoll Rena ... I bought her in May this year.

9. Dikadoll resin feels so good!!! I also love to touch my Blanca all the time, it's so smooth!

10. oh?? XD; *likes gritty*
      Is it chalky smooth now? Well, if you guys seem to think it feels nice.. it must be better than it was back then. lol

11. This thread in not very active at all..
      But I have a question, which would be better to my from: a dealer or straight from the company? I am thinking of purchasing from the company, but how much would shipping be? It doesn't say and I can't place a mock order because ordering is email based.

12. I bought my girl from Mint on Card. The doll was in-stock with face up, so I got her right away, saved me the wait time. The shipping was like $30 something, and was super fast. If you are not good with waiting, MoC always has in-stock Dika dolls, or if not then they can always order one for you.

13. Oh wow! If the shipping is around $30 from MoC, I think I'll order from Jeeryama. The shipping is close to the same, and I can get a free wig, and my order will go in when I pay. : )
      Thanks for your reply~

14. Does anyone have a Yolanda? I tried searching for pics here and other places, but nothing popped up. I guess DK isn't really that popular. :(

But~ I ordered! I've got a LingYue coming in with a Blanca. :D

15. Kittysaurus,

I'm not sure why they aren't popular. Maybe just not on DOA but since they are sitll producing dolls they are probably popular amongst other groups. I love their sculpts and I'm a bit on the fence with the posing ability of the bodies. On the one hand I like their stability but they are pretty stiff little guys. I love my Rena though and would consider getting more of their sculpts to hybrid.

Did you get two full dolls? I really like Blanca but I think i have to see these sculpts in person to know if I like them more than my Rena lol. (She's got the cutest cutest elf ears I've seen yet and I would love to find an elf boy to match her. I tried Doll Leaves Wish but they don't look good together.)

16. I got the Lingyue and for the event gift I choose a Blanca head in normal pink. She's going to go on my off-topic hujoo dana body.

I don't like the girls body, for me it looks too young. So I'm only going to do hybrids for them. xD I think I would like to get a Yolanda also, but probably not anytime soon.

There is a girl on dA that has a DK Rena head on a Soudoll body, she is very beautiful.

17. Meet my newest girl Evelyn. She's a normal pink human Rena.

[​IMG]

18. My Yolanda arrived today from M.O.C.! I'm super happy with her! She doesn't have a name yet but here's a picture:

[​IMG]

She has the normal pink skin and a dikadoll faceup.

19. The thread is not dead, but it does move veeeeery slowly. Which is a shame, because Dika is great!! I'm not sure about the wait times, my Evelyn came from a UK seller, she was in stock... I have heard someone on Youtube say they were fast though!

Here's another pic of Evelyn:

[​IMG]

20. Congrats jeshii!

The more dika's i see the more I fall in love. They have a very unique look to them. Here is a YS blanca I just finished painting. She's one of my first airbrushed heads. I will be painting a Yolanda soon as well as my own elf Rena heads. (to be honest I think Blanca might replace Rena as my favorite Dika sculpt because of her mouth. So cute!)

EDIT: I'm curious to see photos of dika faceups. I always really like their photos but I wonder how close the actual product is to the photos.

[​IMG]