1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dikadoll Kid Discussion part 1

Jul 24, 2010

1. Im glad they aren't overly slim. <3 And the 7-8 head size is also reassuring. While my two Volks SDCs are technically slimmer, they fit in OK with my normal MSDs. None of my other slim minis do, so they're going to go.

I was also interested in whether the new body (Ver. II) was slim or not. The measurements between the two versions on Alice's Collections seem to indicate to me that the Ver. II body is not actually slim, either, unless a cm here and there is really all the difference there is. I like the aesthetics of both bodies, so if they are both standard MSD size, I will need to take some time to choose which one I prefer. Ver. II definitely has a little more maturity to it. Do I want Rose to be a little older or younger? Hmm..

I guess the debate is moot if the Ver. II body is indeed a slim MSD body. But at this point, based on the measurements I see, I have my doubts about that. :o

(From the site)
      Ver. I :
      Height : 43cm (with head)
      Circumference of neck: 7cm
      Width of shoulders: 9cm
      Circumference of chest: 17cm
      Circumference of waist: 14.5cm
      Circumference of hips: 19cm
      Length of arm: 12.5cm
      Back Length: 10cm
      Leg Length: 21cm
      Thigh Circumference: 10.5cm
      Aankle Breadth: 6cm
      Feet Length: 5.3cm

Ver. II :
      Height : 42cm (with head)
      Circumference of neck: 7cm
      Width of shoulders: 8.5cm
      Circumference of chest: 17cm
      Circumference of waist: 13cm
      Circumference of hips: 19cm
      Length of arm: 11.5cm
      Back Length: 9cm
      Leg Length: 23cm
      Thigh Circumference: 10.5cm
      Feet Length: 5cm

Also worth noting, the new Luts KDF girl body seems to find its measurements in all categories somewhere in between these two.

I guess I should also note, I consider Slim MSD dolls to have size 6-7 heads, rather than 7-8. So perhaps that is throwing me off as well? That is probably not a true correlation that I should make, but the main thing that started my turn away from slim MSDs was the difference in head size. They just didn't look compatible with my 7-8 MSDs.

Can I also say, I love the look of the Ver. I body in your photo? She looks so natural and relaxed in her pose. No stiffness at all. That is so hard to find, IMO. :)

#421 wherethelilacsbloom, Sep 11, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    2. I didn't realize Rose was a new sculpt. I saw her picture some time last week and I thought it was just the 5A sculpt on the new body and with a more mature faceup... I really want to see a blank picture to confirm I'm wrong. :huh?:

3. I can def' see a similarity. I just saw the two were posted separately on Dikadoll's main site and that their heads are available without body (no pictures yet, though). I went ahead and sent an inquiry so folks can know for sure. Will post a reply when I receive confirmation. :thumbup

ETA: Dikadoll confirmed that both Rose and Canary are the same head. Both also match the AAAAA head.

I find this super weird. I know and own dolls from companies such as Soom who release two sculpt names for the same mold (IE: Pyrol and Minette, Serin and Rico, etc.) but last I checked Dikadoll had both male and female promo photos for AAAAA. Why the rehash years later? And what's even more confusing to me, why the DUEL rehash of Rose and Canary at the same time???

Oh well. At least folks will know for sure now.

#423 PeppermintPocky, Sep 11, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    4. Thanks!! It's not unheard of for a company to release the same head under two different names (i.e. Spiritdoll's Snowdrop/Pyrus) but it's good to make sure.

5. Just looking at pictures I thought it was weird to do AAAAA heads on different bodies but at the same time if i can get them on the new body i might make twins (different skin tones)

6. That's weeeeeeird. I mean, I was planning to get 5A on the new body at some point so this just makes it a bit more straightforward, but... why. They literally have the same sculpt under three different names now. If they wanted to offer different faceups nothing was stopping them from offering faceups A, B, and C all under the 5A listing.

7. Totally agree. It's just going to confuse folks, me thinks... at least that's my concern.

And some dealers (like Alice's Collections) offer a drop-down box for customers to choose old or new body on their other girl sculpts. So, like you said... why??? It's all very weird. :sweat

Thanks for bringing the whole idea up. I wouldn't have thought to ask for clarification otherwise. I saw similarities but never dreamed they would be the same. :doh

8. That is a bit baffling as to why the are calling the same head three names.

I just sent my Rena out to get her faceup. It will be nice to have her completed finally. :)

9. :o So, Rose is AAAAA? Welp, I wanted 5A anyway, so I guess it works out. Hah. Good eye!

Hoping to order her at some point, but since the sale is only for the Ver I body, I may wait. I am not sure which body I want yet, and I don't think $20 is enough to sway me one way or the other.

10. I am very excited to see your Rena

11. > w< Is it bad that I really just wanna collect DK's animal suits?
      I find them adorable...

12. 'tis fate! ;)

Are photos posted somewhere? I I haven't seen 'em yet. :sweat

*scampers off to look*

13. No, but I missed the bunny one.. I searched market place hoping someone would be selling one.. XD

14. @PeppermintPocky - Fate indeed! Now to work out where she'll fit into my buying "schedule". Haha. I already have my next two doll orders planned out, so the next several months are out. Maybe next spring? She's just so sweet.. <3

15. I got my Rena back!
      Since it will be a while before I get around to taking photos myself (got a major costume project I am working on as well as a few car repairs I am going to try to do myself to save the labor charges), I asked Tsuminaki if I could post the photos she sent me.

[​IMG]

I love how she turned out!!

#435 Tonboko, Oct 4, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    16. She is absolutely stunning! :love I love her white lower lashes and eyebrows, especially! Will she be keeping the red eyes? They look gorgeous against her grey resin!

17. Thank you!
      She will be keeping the eyes for the foreseeable future. I might get her some all red Mako eyes eventually, but these eyes work quite nicely for being so inexpensive. :)

18. I've been waiting for Dikadoll to update their mini body for years, and I'm elated to finally see a new one. I'm kinda smitten with Miriam, too. If anyone here decides to go for the type 2 body, I'd appreciate a comparison between the two, because I'm very curious about how clothing fits.

#438 Selenae, Oct 16, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    19. I am of a similar mind to @Selenae . Miriam or Rose are who I am considering, but would love to see the new body option.

20. I'm seeing two new releases from Dika :o Not huge on the company face ups, but the blank sculpts seem interesting!

Now it's going to be a bit harder to choose which girl to get for my first Dika.