1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dikadoll Kid Discussion part 1

Jul 24, 2010

1. Thanks Wennie! Of the childlike mini sculpts I really love Dika and DIM sculpts the most. I have such a hard time deciding whether I want to collect more small headed slim mini sculpts like Unoas or big headed child like sculpts like the dikas and DIM dolls. I don't have the budget/room for both types and I would like them to all look good together in photos -____-.

Here's another shot of blanca in a different wig. So cute! I kind of wish i had taken a photo of her blank head next to a blank rena and yolanda so we can see the differences more clearly.

[​IMG]

2. Stunning, really!
      I think the Rena head is a nice cross between the bigger and the smaller heads. She looks nice with my big headed AS Leira, but also with my FL MNF Rheia. Maybe you can still take a pic of Blanca with the other heads? I'm curious about the comparison too.

3. Beautiful faceup Invie - and yes Blanca's lips are SO cute!

How are Dika's posability? Anybody got any pics of them? ^_^''

4. I personally think they are great posers, especially when sitting down. You can see a few of my pics above and I'll post some more soon, when I'm not typing on my iPod. I particularly like how Dika resin is nice and heavy, which makes them feel quite sturdy. I've heard people complain about their feet being a twinge on the tiny side, thus making it harder for them to stand, but my girl wears shoes and I've had no issues. The body has a few of those little crevices that makes it hold poses really well, so she can slouch realisticly and also cross, stretch and pull up her legs excellently when sitting down. The fact that their resin is on the heavier side does mean that balancing her in really difficult poses takes some effort and I don't think she would be able to stand on one leg for instance. But she might with some sueding, because all the parts do fit together quite nicely, it's just a matter of creating a bit of resistance. All in all, I think Dika did a great job on the posability of their dolls!

5. Personally I really like the dika resin and while they aren't the best posers out of the dolls I have, they pose well for the body type. Since they are chubby children, they take good poses for chubby children and are very solid standers and sitters. they take the basic children poses, suwarrico and knees to chest poses very well. They look quite natural in theses poses and fall into them easily.

However, they do not take dancer like lyrical poses as well. Understandably tho, I only expect my slim and mature minis to do more languid posing.

6. One of the reasons I was drawn to Dika is mainly cos they looked a little chunkier :) so yay! I'm really looking forward to receiving my first DikaDoll. She'll be in chunky shoes ;) so no worries

7. My DikaBlanca is playing me up... I have been keeping her in a box... uncared until yesterday when I put her full scarf saree on... I have to say the Little Woman has a certain personality...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Cheers gals.. I dont post here often.. unless I am in a deperate need to find a doll.. but I leave you with a few more... ENJOY! (PS: SHE IS WEARING A WHITE UNDERSKIRT BUT..DAMN IT IT LOOKS LIKE SHE AINT :/))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. @Jeshii: No found the Migiflesh I was after LOL hahahaaa
      @Wennie: the DO have personality... you dont need much to bring them to life ^^

My Deva:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. @Keladry.. she is SUPPOSED to be a Deva... a little woman who is a bit like a faery but from the Indian mythology ^^

11. I was wondering if anyone had any pics of Dikadoll's Masu sculpt? I've been searching and searching, but owner pics are hard to come by.

12. i was also wondering if anyone has more yolanda shots as she doesn't seem to be amazingly popular :( and i can only find like 3 which is a shame......

i ordered her in jan and just looking for other yolanda pics while waiting for her to arrive from china (should have her in about 2 weeks ish i hope)

13. Hi guys,

I'd said I would do pics of the three sculpts from Dikadoll that I own. Here is a shot of Blanca, Yolanda and Rena Elf together. I was going to take it before I painted Blanca, but I forgot. -____-

[​IMG]

You can see that Yolanda has the shortest face and Rena has the longest. However they all should work well together. If I still have all three when they are all painted I will take another group shot of them ^___^. Perhaps a cute one of them all in kimonos!

14. I am really interested in the Monica head, but it seems I can't find many owner photos at all, is she a new sculpt?

15. Does any one have any idea what might match the WS? I'm thinking about getting a body for my Ling yue/ri that has longer legs.

Their WS has a pinky tint to it..

16. Dikadolls are lovely. But I'm getting a service unavailable every time I visit their page recently. Love their minis (so cute, and not overly mature) but I'm curious in their posing. Anyone has pictures on that?

17. Allie, Dikadoll minis pose REALLY well. If you look up Dikadoll review on youtube there's a good video there with some examples of why and how they pose!^_^

18. I find they pose alright; pretty well, but there are obvious things that could make them better.

Their torso joint cannot move far at all, just a teeny tilt. If you take a peak inside they have this HUGE lip all the way around that makes it impossible for the chest to move. The arms even though they are double jointed move the same amount as a single jointed doll. Not only that, but my peanuts in the arms always turn around. ugggh.

The legs move great though, and also with the head and hand movement. The head movement is great! I love how far back/forward he can tilt his head.

19. I really like Rena, but have you guys figured out whether the Yellow Dika matches Fairyland normal skin?

20. I'm very interested in monica, but no one seems to have her :r