1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. If you have time to measure the iris please let me know what measurement you get. :) And don't worry! You weren't sure what size the eyes were! If I had ran out and bought eyes right away that would be my own fault!
      I don't remember what measurement the iris was on the souldoll eyes I used, but maybe the iris ran a bit lower size-wise or the eyes you have has iris that run a bit larger than average?

2. I just measured the iris, it's about 7-8mm wide! The eyes that are in her are acrylic bases with a resin lens I believe. I can't know for sure as they belong to the client.

3. Ah, I asked on the Q&A board - as it happens they seem to no longer have the molds for those two sculpts. Darn! Such a bummer.

4. Even tho I have my DIM head for quite a long time, I never came around to do her face up.
      However yesterday I finally found the spirit to start on her. Stil need some eyelashes, but for still quite happy with the result considering these hands didn't do a face up for years haha. It was eveing by the time I was done so the picture isn't too sharp.
      [​IMG]Lost at Sea by Yuki o'hana Curiël, on Flickr
      Seeing all the lovelly dolls on her does make me feel sad the stopped producing the dolls for so long.

#384 Mademoiselle Grymms, Jun 28, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    5. Drat. I have heard that sometimes molds get damaged during use, and then suddenly there are no more dolls. I guess we'll have to hope we can catch them on the second-hand market.

6. She looks amazing!!! I love her styling, very unique~

Yes, they must have been damaged :( oh well... maybe in the future they will sculpt more boys, or we'll get lucky on the second-hand market

7. Several of the DIM girls make really adorable boys. I think Miru, in particular, makes a fantastic boy, but I really want to use mine for the girl character I need to shell. Sigh. You should check out Wolfboy's collection on Flickr Wolfboy141; I think nearly all of their DIM dolls are boys.

#387 thessalyrose, Jun 30, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    8. @Dew_Drops Thank you, I do tend to go a little overboard with face ups and styling sometimes haha

9. Here is my Larina with 12mm eyes
      Trying on wigs - still no body

10. Can anyone tell me what body matche's D.I.M Tan skin? I got a Tan head but they don't have a tan body. Any other companies sell them that match and would work? TIA!

11. I actually use 6-6.5 size LW wigs for many of my DiM kids, and they work well with the smaller heads, like Larina's. The individual wigs can differ slightly in size, and if it's too tight a fit, you can loosen up the stitching a bit just by stretching it using your hands. (It's fine, the wig won't be damaged when you tear some stitches this way.:)). I like tight fitting wigs (and not heaps of hair) on my dolls, and find the 7-8 LW wigs too big for most of my DiMlings, as well.

Here's a picture I just took of my Larina boy (Julian) who wears a 6-6.5 LW wig that I stretched this way (though there are better pictures of him in my Flickr account.):
      [​IMG]Bed WIP: progress update by Wolfboy141, on Flickr
      I'm making a bed for a new bedroom diorama, and caught him explaing to one of the dogs that the bed wasn't going to be for her.
      (Have another picture on Flickr which shows the dog's immediate reaction to that ;))

#391 Wolfboy, Jul 9, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    12. Ohhh, he's super cute oh gosh. What body is he on?
      Edit: just looked for myself and seen it's the soom one. Never would have thought of that!

To be fair, I've only had two of the 6-6.5 wigs, and I agree they were slightly differently sized. The one I owned at the same time as Flowne, though, was in NO WAY fitting on her.

I'll maybe look into them again though if they can fit Larinas!

13. I have a question! I've had my lovely Larinas for a little while and I have this issue with their faceplates just sliding off whenever I'm tilting their heads or putting on/taking off a wig. Those little magnets just don't cut it and there's nothing physically holding the faceplates on the headback.

I'm thinking of either removing one magnet to create a long tube piece that goes in the magnet well to act as a stake for the two parts, or using epoxy to add a ledge to the inside of the headback to prevent the faceplate from shifting downwards.

Anyone have this issue or have any creative fixes?

14. Mine do that and I am terrified they will get damaged as I dropped one on the floor once. Nothing super creative with how I fixed them, I just taped the faceplate to the head back with masking tape, it doesn't show when they have their wigs on and I don't worry about the plate slipping off.

15. @Nightshade That's a way easier fix than what I had planned XD I've dropped their faceplates with brand new faceups several times just trying to put wigs on or move their heads. I haven't touched my Larinas since I posed them two weeks ago to not handle them as much. Makes me nervous. :|

16. @PChu it does take the worry out of handling them, I treat them like any other doll now. The tape doesn't mark the heads and I just take it off once every six months, clean the head and put new tape in place, I don't know if you even need to do that it is just me being extra careful.

17. I used nexcare tape to fasten mine. It also helps keep wigs on and doesn't leave sticky residue.

18. Hi there! Well, I have noticed all DiM dolls with the faceplate system have this issue unfortunately. While I would like to eventually have a more permanent mod for my Larina so I can stop worrying about it so much, for now I use eye putty that is more on the sticky side. I just press a few tiny dots of it on the top and bottom of the part of the head back where the magnets are.

19. Hello! :3
      May someone can help me.
      I've read that dollzone matches with DIM.
      I wamna get a flowne head and a dollzone body (B45-012) Should i chose white for both or normal/pink?
      May anyone seen this kind of hybrid? (i often see hybrid with fairyland.)

20. Normal Pink is usually the way people do it.

I'm getting the Doll Leaves normal pink for mine, it was a near perfect match when I had them in the past!