1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. I have my Larina temporarily on a Xaga doll boy body and the fit is good and the resin match is perfect so I would think that a hybrid onto a female Xaga doll body would be pretty good too. I have also seen a few hyrbids onto Myou dolls and they look good.

DIMdoll does still have the orders for some of their bodies still open (although I don't know for how much longer) if you just wanted a DIMdoll body.

2. There's another thread called DIM Happy Heads, Bodies or something like that, which is all about hybrids. I have seen a couple of Minifee hybrids. I don't like the color match, myself, but if you're going to dye her it doesn't matter. Larina also looks great on Doll Chateau and Dollzone bodies. You can also look up Wolfboy on Flickr, an uberfan (and a big sweetheart) who has a bunch of comparison photos.

3. Hello all! I don't think I've posted in a while - mostly lurking here, haha! I thought I would share another photo of my girl, who is kind of a mystery to me. She came in to fit a certain character, but for whatever reason, she "spoke" to me differently so I changed the character a lot... but now I'm not sure how well she fits into the story.

Anyways, here's Alejandra:

[​IMG]

I'm also waiting on a Laia open head - she's going to have a very different look ;)

4. Here is my DIM normal skin Larina head on a normal skin Dollmore Narsha body. I prefer the smaller body and the resin color seems fine. I am waiting for another Larina and Flowne head to arrive. I may try hybrids of the DIM heads on a MYOU 30cm Normal Pink body as well.

[​IMG]

5. i made an interesting discovery today i think! i was looking at my ace and jullis and triple checking their heads to make sure i had the sculpt right since they're so similar, and i wanted to write down their names on their faceplates and headcaps since i plan on trying to get them modded and painted and wigged and clothed as part of my 2019 plans (plus a body for my ace, Charon, finally!!) and i discovered a little "tell" that's an interesting difference between the two!

ace on the left and jullis on the right;
      ace has one small ear! between the two of them they have 3 normal ears and one smaller ear, on ace's right side!
      if you make lines you can even see that it's proportionally smaller! jullis's lips are a bit more parted too.

[​IMG]

6. I have a similar problem with bodies and Dim heads. A couple of years ago when Dim came back and was having a great sale, I bought an Ace head (among a few other things, Laia head, glamorous body, Aria head, another Kassia head) with the idea that Laia and Ace could share the glamorous body. I finally finished the last face up, which was Ace, this summer. Ace looks totally boyish; the way his face up turned out, he doesn't look good on Laia's body. I am very happy with Laia's face up, I like this girl! I don't want to share her body. According to the Dim website, Ace and Julius will not fit on the new boy body, and they no longer make the body that Ace's head fits upon. Is anyone else having this issue? Has anyone else solved this dilemma? Are there boy bodies out there that work and look good? I want Ace to be taller than Laia (44 cm). I am hunting, and I would appreciate suggestions.
      Is it allowed to put photos up here, in this area?

7. I bought an Alpon head in the marketplace, and I have him on the Charmdoll boy body. It's not perfect, but to me it works quite well... and he's quite tall! The resin match is a little off, because the head is older - I think it might be better on a newer head.

8. Hello, all! Will someone please be so kind as to explain how DIM's ordering period works? Are they like Peak's Woods where dolls are only available for order during a specific event but unavailable any other time?

I've read through their notice boards and have tried to read through as many pages of the DIM threads as possible, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

When they say discontinue, does it mean that they're unavailable, or are they truly discontinued until they're not? So confused...

9. There has been a lack of clarity on this from DiM's part. From what I've gathered, the most popular heads are available for sale and have been for quite a while. All the heads available for sale right now are the ones that I'm guessing sold in the highest numbers, plus the couple new heads. Larina, Laia, Benetia, etc.

There are several sculpts that have been discontinued permanently because the molds were damaged or worn out, and most of the pictures of those dolls are no longer on the website. This includes Owain, Harlech, and a few others.

I am hoping that DiM will make some kind of official statement on this, but perhaps they will only do so if prompted? How can we hold them as a company accountable for providing reliable/accurate information without being pushy or demanding?

10. @Dew_Drops Thank you for taking the time to respond! I would like to buy some heads from them, but I don't want to be pressured to make a purchase by "discontinued" talks if the sculpts aren't actually being discontinued.

I haven't had to interact with Denny in over 10 years since the beginning of the hobby when DIM was making resin accessories as well. :) Not sure if anyone is "close" to him who can ask?

11. Does anyone know if the sold out heads still listed on the site will be restocked at any point? I've only just found DIM and sorely want an Annabeth and Becca. I'm assuming Becca is a lost cause since she's not even on the site anymore, so will likely settle for Benetia instead, but the sold out ones are marked as available soon?

12. I haven't shared a picture of my DiM in a long time but here's my DiM Laia who finally has nice eyes that show on pictures! Now if only I had the time and energy to finally give her a new faceup... (this one is made by DiM)

[​IMG]pretty pumpkin 12mm by suruni, on Flickr

13. What beautiful eyes! Unusual colour that seems to give an arresting look.

14. Ooh, have any photos? I have an Alpon head that I'm still looking for a body for and the Charm doll body is pretty cute :) I'm curious because you say it's fairly tall, but the website lists it as only 45cm, which is pretty standard. Is he actually taller than 45cm?

15. I don't have any pics uploaded... I'll see if I can find a way to show you some.
      But I can tell you he is about as tall as my Ace on the original DIM body (the Happy new boy body version 1). So, with the head on I think he's taller than 45cm.

I'll try to show you the pics, and if you want I can measure, but only on the weekend.

16. Ooh, yes please! Whatever you can show me would be much appreciated :D I also have the DiM body and I'd LOVE to see how this body compares!

17. My boy Larina, Chase, is on a DZ body. The match to NS-P is perfect. This was during the time when DZ was just switching to the resin colours they use today so I believe it's pretty much the same as the resin colour they have now (I hope! He needs some new hands!).

[​IMG]

18. Hello! I was wondering ( don't shoot me please, I've not been active in the community at all yet ) about the pricing of the DIM dolls. I've seen the Flowle sculpt come by a few times now on facebook/instagram and am absolutely in love with her. But she's sold out on the website, which means there's no price visible either. Does she come back for sale once in a while? and if yes, how much is she on average?

Thank you very much!

19. She's not available as a full doll, but you can get her head still! It's $50.40:
      http://www.dimdoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=357&b_code=B20051102033554