1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. I want to buy a Doll Leaves body for my Benetia head. Is white skin the proper option? I bought a second hand normal skin Doll Leaves body and it doesn't match at all, it's too dark and has a yellowish tone.

2. AAAAAAAH MY FLOWNE HAS ARRIVED <3
      I got a hybric DiM Flowne on a Dollzone body and love herrrr <3 Shhe just needss a face-up and propler clothhing and she will be perfect <3

3. I have a Doll Leaves body for my DIM Benetia, and the DL body is a perfect match in Normal Skin. How old was the second-hand body?
      Alternatively, it could be that I got lucky with my resin batch!

4. Aaaaaaah my Flowne just arrived from her face-up and she's so perfect :x
      This little darling is the first doll I have that's now actually somewhat finished. She's got clothing, hair, face up..

5. A couple questions for everyone:

First, has anyone had any luck matching DiM's tan with another company body?

Second, do you think that DiM might be willing to do a group order of tan Laia if there was enough interest? I believe in the past they've required groups of 10 orders minimum.

6. My DiM Flowne hybrid on a Dollmore Narsha Normal skin body just arrived after her Faceup/Body blush from AngelToast. Her resins match perfectly. This smaller body poses well and I prefer it to the DiM original body.

[​IMG]

7. #447 peregrina, Jan 31, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2019
    8. Therese52: She looks very cute on that smaller body. Lovely outfit too, did you knit it yourself?

peregrina:
      Both versions of your girl look wonderful to me! Her new wig is does seem to suit her better, it's so realistic and such a nice fit! Can't wait to see her finished look.

Haven't been very active on DoA for a long while, and apart from making some clothes and furniture for my DiM Happy bunch, I've been otherwise engaged, as I bought a house on the other side of the country last summer.
      Looking forward for it to be finished (enough) so I can move up there, and finally resume work on the roomboxes for my gang. They'll be getting the spare bedroom!:dance

9. Nice to see you, Wolfboy!

My Miru head finally has a body, but her faceup wasn't working out, so I had to wipe it and start over. I got her the newest Loongsoul girl body, which is exquisite, and matches her resin pretty well. The biggest problem was that the s-hook that came with it wouldn't fit through the hole in Miru's head! I had to get a smaller hook before I could attach her head. Anyway, I'll post some pictures when she's done.

I'm thinking about Myou for my Luria head. They have a long, skinny body like the new one from Dollzone, but less expensive. Anyone have any thoughts?

10. FYI, DIM is now saying that they will be discontinuing all sales by the end of April. Get your heads while you can!

11. Ah, glad I picked up the second Benetia head I wanted earlier this year!

12. I’m about to order a Flowne head with the going out of business sale! I’m sad to see DiM go, but I’m excited to get something from them before they do. I just need to decide on some hybrid plans though, I don’t know what body I want to get for her. I’m currently leaning towards MiniFee since I already have one and I’d like their heights to match.

13. Oh, that's a shame. Glad I got my Benetias already, but I wish they'd do one last order for the sold out heads, I still want an Annabeth so badly :(

14. In view of them soon closing I'm eyeing DIM's dolls and I can't help but wonder why everyone seems to be hybriding their heads on other bodies? Is there something so wrong with the DIM bodies?

15. DIM bodies are.... janky at best. I have the Happy Glamour girl body for my Gayane that I was gifted by a friend, and yeah, it's janky. She can't even sit up. She sits better now that I modded her a bit, but I need to go further with the mods so she can fully sit up finally.

I've always liked Flowne, but I don't like collecting MSD dolls, so I'll just admire everyone else's!

16. There's two heads I want to get, I just really wish that I could get Flowne H head too. :(

EDIT: Now looking through this thread I'm torn between Ace and Jullis. I was sure I wanted Ace, but now I think I'd want Jullis instead because the lips are slightly parted. I'd love to see photos of either of these if anyone has them. I could just get both, but they're very very similar.

#456 Rinoa, Apr 11, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    17. I am so glad that I bought my DIM Larina and Flowne heads last year since they are closing soon. For those of you who are deciding on hybrid bodies, here is a photo comparing my Larina head Dollmore Narsha 35cm body with my Soom Imda 30cm Amellia doll. The Imda 3.0 head is large for it's body. The Larina Narsha hybrid is much more in proportion.

[​IMG]

18. For those of you that have white skin heads, what bodies have you used and found to be a good match? I just realised I don't have a white skin Larina! I thought I ordered one when I got a white skin Flowne Elf but I didn't. I wanted a Larina girl in white skin.

19. I have a question?, is anybody else having a hard time accessing the dim website for me it says that they have to much traffic or I'm perpetually stuck in the, checking if I'm not a robot :huh?:. I desperately want a half eyes closed larina :atremblin

20. I'm having the same issue - I think there was likely too much traffic due to a lot of people trying to get things before they close...