1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. Did you try this yesterday? It's possible a cache issue as the site is working fine for me, but wasn't last night. You could try incognito mode on Chrome or clearing your Cache. Can't say if it will work though.

2. Adding on that while I don't find the bodies as cumbersome with posing (but then again I'm not an expert poser trying to get them to do intense poses), I do find that the necks of the bodies look big with the heads and the bodies themselves can be a pain to clothe because of their large breasts. My Flowne looks like a pin head on the glamour body, the neck just looks waay too big for me.

Luckily there are tons of hybrid options ranging in prices from Doll Leaves (cheaper) to Looongsoul (expensiver).

3. Thank you so much for the tip, I try I incognito and it work but the bad news is now it says that the head is sold out :pout:, what a bad timing, I was going to purchase her yesterday and I didn't even knew about the closing down sale, and now I'm at the mercy of the second hand market and scalpers :atremblin:(

4. Thanks for the answers!
      I'll admit I'm still tempted... I'd get a body to hybrid with a DZ Benjamin head so the head to body ratio could work in my favour (and I'd most likely chop off the breasts anyway xD). Guess I still have a few days to decide what to do...

5. I tested to make sure she was in stock as I thought it might do that and it let me go to check out. Hope you're able to order her fine! I know the heartache of missing out on a sculpt I really wanted.

6. So sad that theyre closing shop. Theyre my favorite company hands down :(
      I want to try to order a Flowne and Ace before theyre gone, and the new boy body...

7. I had some trouble with the website too, but I made my order for my Flowne head! I’m currently leaning towards a Dollzone body because I’ve heard the normal pink resin is an excellent match for DiM. I’ve seen a bunch of posts for the DZ msd 012 body, but has anybody tried a DiM head on the 017 body? The neck is a bit wider and the joints seem a bit better so I’m thinking it might be a good fit for my Flowne.

Also, Dollzone is now using their Pink and Pink/White differentiation instead of the old Normal Skin Pink. Does anyone know which one matches DiM NS resin?

#469 momo6548, Apr 12, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    8. Dollzone have Pink, Pink/White (named Peach) and White (as well as yellow, tan and grey). I believe Pink is the colour you'd want but I'm a little out of the loop so if they've changed anything more recently I'm unaware of it.

9. I think pink is what matches too, but in the DZ resin color photo on Denver Dolls it looks weirdly dark. It might just be the lighting. All the posts I’ve seen about doing a DZ hybrid talk about “Normal Skin Pink” but they don’t use that exact term anymore and it made me nervous. Last time I bought from them was in ‘09 or so and it was called Normal Pink and Normal Yellow.

10. I know! It's so confusing when they change the resin and names and such. I got my DZ body for my DIM Larina just before they changed everything and he matched Normal Skin Pink which was their old pink and doesn't look too different to the new pink, so I'm hoping that Pink is a similar colour.

11. I ordered the two Larina heads I've been putting off getting last night. I didn't need more floating heads though. :sweat

This is so sad about DIM :(

12. Okay! That really helps! I’ll probably go with the Pink resin, I’ve seen some recent pictures and it looks like it’s the same as the old Normal Pink. I think it’s just the lighting in the company photo that makes it look a bit darker, especially sitting next to the white resins. I’m just trying to decide what body to get now, the newest girl one on DDE (017) looks like it would be a good fit for a DiM head.

13. I've never had a DIM doll, but I'm so sad to hear they're closing! Though, it's just the kick in the pants I need to finally get the Flowne and Ace I've been wanting. Does anyone have any suggestions for hybridizing them? I can only afford the heads right now.

14. @Bittersweet Blue Off the top of my head I've seen a lot of DiM sculpts on the Doll Chateau Kid girl body, Dollzone msd bodies, and Doll Leaves dream body, which is super affordable- and most of the normal / normal pink resins of those match pretty well with DiM too!

15. Thanks a lot. I'll look into those. :)

16. So sad to see DIM closing! I've been wanting either Jullis or Ace, or both for years, guess this is my last chance. Sadly I think Jullis sold out as I was thinking about getting them both (unless he already was & I just didn't notice), but at least I was able to get my Ace. Pretty bittersweet though, I've always really admired doll in mind's beautiful sculpting and style, it will be a big loss to the hobby imo.
      Now to decide on what to do for his body hmm.

17. DreamValley also do bodies that would possibly match. Their Pink or Normal.

18. I'm thinking of finally buying a Benetia head in light of them closing... She was my one of my first favorites when I discovered the hobby... I thought they would be back with more dolls but I guess it didn't work out... :(