1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. It's sad to see them closing down, they always have such nice sculpts. Their Flowne sculpt was what got me interested in the hobby in the first place several years back.

I'd like to see that as well. I eventually wanna get my Flowne a better body, and I like the look and pose-ability of the 017. I haven't seen a lot of pictures of it besides what's on Instagram though, but if I remember right it came out only last year or so so it's still pretty recent. Plus the hands look amazing!

2. I'm waiting on a DZ order with the 017 body, but it's only been four months so it might be a while before I could take pics with my Benetia head ^^'

I'm trying to decide what body to get for my other Benetia though, originally I was planning for her to be a vampire child, but most msd babies are a bit too pudgy for my taste. The DC kid body has grown on me, so I'm kind of leaning towards that at the moment. I think it could pass for a tween depending on how it's dressed? Does anyone know how close DC/DZ white is to DIM?

3. Thanks!

4. @sugarstitch I can't answer your question directly, but new white from DC/DZ is a very lemon-yellow white. I'm not convinced it's likely to match DiM, it matches nearly nothing else afaik. You'd have better luck purchasing normal skin DiM and matching it with DC/DZ pink. DiM "normal" is so pale it's nearly white anyway, so if extremely pale skin is what you need for your vampire, normal will be just fine! (My Benetia is normal skin, on a Doll Leaves normal skin body, perfect match and she's pale as anything)

Though I will say the kid body is pretty tall. If scale is important to you, it might be best to check how tall she would be next to other relevant dolls. Even my DL body, which is shorter, and has the figure hidden by clothes usually, looks very mature because of the proportions. I don't think there's anyway to consider her at any stage but post-puberty because of her proportions - and I suspect the same would be true of DC's Kid body. Maybe something like the Iplehouse Kid body would be more suited to your needs? Or given the way DollShe is going, you could see if he opens up a 50% sale for his kid dolls (they're 35cm, the boy is 39cm), because those have older child bodies with a realistic amount of chub for the age. DollShe Fresh will match DiM normal fine, again both are pale.

5. @nattherat Oof, that's a shame :\ Unfortunately I already bought both a white and normal Benetia a while back, the normal already has a character and a body on the way ^^'

Hm, to be honest scale isn't overly important, I kind of added the white to my order on a whim after seeing so many cute vamps on Insta, so she's not really connected to any of my other dolls aha. I guess in a way the older looking body would still work (she's going to be a Malkavian from the World of Darkness, so age regression could just be a clan derangement) I was looking at the Iplehouse body, though the DollShe isn't really to my taste either ^^' Either way it's not urgent haha, I'll have a think. Thanks so much for the input :)

6. @sugarstitch Glad I could help in some small way! I guess you could blush the Benetia head to match the DC body if you decide to go for it - but yeah their white is so lemony that the first time I got it, I nearly lodged a complaint with the dealer I bought through haha, thinking DC had sent the wrong colour. It's not unpleasant, it's just... definitely not white.
      Good luck on putting her together. :D I love the Benetia sculpt so much, it's lovely!

7. Oh I completely forgot to mention. I have a Flowne head on a Magic Time boy body in pink skin and the match is pretty spot on.

8. @nattherat That's always an option. Such a shame they have so many resin issues though, I love DZ but only have pink resin, thankfully that seems to be the most consistent. Wonder if the yellow would fade out of it over time.

But thanks~! She's such a sweet sculpt, I've admired her for years now. It'll be interesting when I get my normal one together, the white will be the typical fragile looking vampire, but the normal is going to be a Lum inspired pastel space oni lol

9. Does anyone have pictures of the Happy boy body version 2? And any pictures of Ace would be nice.

10. Well, I got into a group order so I'll be getting my Annabeth head after all :dance

11. I ordered the Ace head, Larina head and a Happy boy body version 2! :D Looking forward to have them, I've been wanting a Ace head for so long but other doll plans came inbetween every time. So sad to hear they're closing down. My second ever doll was a DIM Robel, which I have for 9 years now and still love it to pieces.

12. I love Dim dolls, it is so sad that they are stopping business... :atremblin

I’ve also noticed that they are no longer offering Larina in tan skin. Now I feel stupid, as I’ve postponed purchasing her several times :doh

13. I wanted Larina in Tan as well, but put if off due to funds and not knowing what would match. I really wish I could have got one.

14. @Rinoa I had writen in my wishlist long ago that it would match to Myou in coffee skin, but I totally can't remember why I wrote that, if I found that hybrid somewhere or what :doh

15. Does anyone know a general time estimate on heads getting shipped/delivered to the US? I’m trying to line up my purchase of the hybrid body to get to me at about the same time. I’m sure there’s a chance the closing sale might affect things, but I was curious for other people’s experiences.

16. I'm so upset. DiM closed all orders suddenly over the weekend even though they said they'd stay open for orders for all of April...
      It was because of the overwhelming number of orders, which is understandable... but I can't help but be frustrated.

17. I emailed Denny about layaway and what I wanted, he said he'd have the info for me on Monday. -- Pretty sure that means that the ordering period will be re-opened after the weekend. (The emails were like text replies, so he's probably busy)

18. I hope so, I'm also sort of hoping he will open Annabeth for ordering so I can add one on to my existing order. I missed out on a Group Order for her.

19. Oh gosh, you really think so? :sorry I didn't get the impression it was just a temporary stop of orders, but I'll gladly wait until monday and see if anything on the site changes. If nothing does, would it be rude to send an email and ask if orders are permanently closing early or not?

(It also looks like Aria and Trisha heads are available on the website for order suddenly... congrats to those that met the group order limit!)