1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. Hello, I wanted to ask if someone knows which DIM heads have been recasted? And if there is anything that the official heads have which the recasted ones don’t? Im sorry, if this is the wrong place for this kind of question, but I was curious in terms of buying them second hand without COA. I feel like this may be important to talk about as well considering their discontinuation.

2. It wouldn't be rude to ask. It's better to ask instead of missing out by accident. Just note that he's probably overrun with the closing, so the reply might be short. (Ie. Text short) :eusa_sile

3. I've seen Larina, unfortunately. I have a Laia, and there isn't anything that stands out about the head being legit (like a headplate or decal).

4. Denny emailed me back saying all orders are closed now. :( There's a legit dealer for them on Taobao who seems to be taking orders (I triple quadruple checked they're legit and they are). I wonder if the order would go through or if it would get cancelled. Can't hurt to try I guess.

5. I was interested in Larina but am unable to get one right now so that is helpful to know. I did pick up a Becca a while ago from another doa member, without her coa, but it’s my understanding that she wasn’t really a popular sculpt to begin with.

6. To be honest, even the certificates of authenticity aren't that impressive. There's nothing unique about them either... I know most company CoA's aren't, but you can usually include a box or branded item. For example, I have a Doll Chateau Stacy, and while her headcap decal fell off, I have her original DC box as well as the DC branded sleeping bag, too. (She also has a CoA but again, nothing unbelievably remarkable or unique about it either...)

7. @Rinoa Ahhhh, thank you for sharing the reply you got. I really won't get my hopes up too high for a sudden reopening of sales before April ends at this point. Gonna be so sore about this for a while! I guess it's come down to the second hand waiting game then. Hopefully people won't inflate the prices too much, they're fairly popular/common heads to be floating around. :atremblin

8. I'm getting the heads I asked for. He got back to me early. I didn't realize I must have gotten in under the buzzer?

What heads were people looking for? There were a couple on the marketplace yesterday.

9. I pretty much got everyone I wanted, then I saw owner pics of Annabeth and fell in love but I missed a group order by a day. :(

10. @Bristol It's possible you did slip in just in time, but don't feel too bad!! I'm happy you got an order in! I was going to get a Laia half closed eyes head, but I don't have marketplace access just yet so I haven't been able to browse it. ...If there was one over there, I'd definitely love to know! :frownyblush:

(..Am I allowed to approach people on DoA for sales if I don't have access to the MP? I do have a feedback thread started from off-site transactions, but I don't wanna get in trouble haha)

11. Pretty sure it's against the MP rules. Just keep posting and you'll get there!

Next month my Dollzone order is coming in, so I'm hoping the normal skin is still match. If so, it's a great excuse to get that girl heart body. :D

12. Duly noted, thank you!! I'll keep at it. I hope the DZ hybrid works out, the heart body is goooorgeous. :love

13. Bristol is correct. You will have to wait until you qualify for Marketplace access before you can approach people about their items for sale. Just post regularly, and you will get that access :)

I am so glad I finally got my Larina's body from DIM in time. My first doll was a DIM Happy girl (Odelia).

I will miss their interesting dolls. I did a bunch of Minimee orders over the years with them, and Denny was always so very nice.

14. @CathyM Thank you so much!! I appreciate knowing my gut instinct was right honestly. :eusa_pray

I was always so curious what kind of dolls came out of the minimee orders, if you ever were inclined to share them! Were they actual one-of-a-kind sculpts based on references? That's a pretty impressive service if so...*_*

15. I got my order in for Annabeth from evaillidan and all confirmed so fingers crossed. :) Odd that orders elsewhere are still accepted when Denny said he's closed, so I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled but seems like there's been recent orders so here's hoping. Maybe with dealers he's allowing them to process orders.

So I have a lot of DIM heads coming in now! From DIM directly: WS Larina to be a girl, Jullis (I decided to get him instead of Ace!), Benetia (who will probably be a cat girl haha). From a group order I'm getting Miru who will most likely be a boy and then from evaillidan above Annabeth who will also most likely be a boy.

16. @Rinoa Ahh how exciting~! My Annabeth is going to be a boy too~ Oh my gosh, a Benetia cat girl would be so cute~! I'm hoping my two Benetia's bodies won't take too much longer, but I'm still trying to decide what to get for my Annabeth

17. Yeah! I think the sculpt fits perfect with being a cat with the teeth and everything. Gonna make her some cute ears. :)

I've seen people put Annabeth on an SD body! But I'd ideally want an MSD body. Not sure what I want for him either. Not gonna think about it until 100% sure I'm getting him! I'm still cautious!

Think the hardest for me is going to be getting my Larina a body. I have no idea what matches WS DIM and hearing that Dollzone and DC is more of a yellow white has me worried.

18. I'm on the same boat :sweat, I got a larina head in white so I'm scrabbling to find a body, but I'm being a butt and I want a more curvier body than a dollzone :frownyblush:, I remember they use to have a more grown up, curvier body that they discontinued but I don't recall the name it would have been perfect for this project :eek:, but if anything I may get a 2ddoll body if I can figure out taobao agents since it's 322$ at alice's collection ouch, or a 5stardoll body if I fail to get the former :sweatit may take a long while to complete this girl. I wish you good luck finding yours, and thank you so much for the help earlier.

19. I get what you mean! I do love the slender look of DZ and DC but for my girl I think I'd like her to be a bit curvier also! I do kind of like searching for bodies, am I weird? :abambi:

20. The only DiM minimee I have is a Chobits Freya. Most minimees are 1/3 size and there should be a thread for them in the large doll section. :)

@Rinoa a Benetia cat girl sounds adorable! And looking for bodies can be fun. If I don't see a body for the head I'm looking for, I might find one for another head.

I ended up ordering Larina 1/2 closed eyes, Benetia and a Benetia with 1/2 closed eyes (twins), Flowne and a 1/2 closed eyes Bellosse. (She's 1/3, so doesn't count here)

I can't wait to see what hybrids people put together. :D