1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. Can't wait to see how she turns out @Rinoa

Yeah I'd prefer to stick with msd too, I have a DZ Ivan on the 018 body, so I'll see how it looks on that one.

I ended up just getting a DC body for my white Benetia, since Denver Doll had one in stock and I'm waiting for a DZ order anyway. Fingers crossed the yellow isn't too much of an issue :sweat

2. Thanks guys, I'm excited so this wait is going to feel so long, even though 3 months is quite short!

I have a WS Flowne and some WS resin parts from Magic Time, but I'm not at home right now to check if it'd match. :(

3. So, I was thinking I'd like to hybrid my incoming Flowne head with a Dream Valley B4-06 body with the angel wings, but on closer inspection I see the neck is 2cm smaller (6cm as apposed to DiM's 8cm). Would it end up looking bobble-headed? Has anyone tried a DV hybrid? I also see the DV shoulders are 6.4 cm, but I can't find the width of the DiM Happy girl shoulders for comparison.

4. Bittersweet, Happy heads vary widely in theiir size and proportion, so it will be difficult to figure something like that out based on measurements alone. Good luck though.

For those who were looking for a curvier body, check out Loongsoul's new mini body version 3. It has a large bust option and ... er, a lot of junk in the trunk. The pink skin is a good match for DIM normal, but I'm afraid I can't help you with the white skin.

5. Flowne is one of the older heads - and those are a bit bigger. Personaly I would look for a doll with a 7cm neck and not the smallest shoulders...

6. Hmm, I would've loved to put her on that body, but I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks @thessalyrose and @Cyador

7. To anyone who owns Ace and Jullis, what eye size works best for them?

Heres some older spam of Annabeth :)
      [​IMG]

8. I’ve seen hybrids work with fairyland and DZ bodies both of which have about a 6.5cm neck. I talked to one owner with a FL Flowne hybrid and she says she just has a neck donut to keep her head from flopping around, but other than that it’s fine (resin matching aside). MiniFees are quite petite too, but I’m not sure how they compare to the body you’re considering.

9. Thanks, I'll look into that. :)

10. Aquavalkyrie on Instagram has the MiniFee Flowne hybrid I was talking about and she’s super helpful with answering questions about hybriding to a smaller neck.

11. Oooh, I follow them! I didn't realize their Flowne was a hybrid. Thanks!

12. That is a cute body! I was thinking about getting a bit "chunkier" body seeing as DiM is more old school, and the regular Loongsoul bodies are too slender/sleek for what I'm looking for.

When the heads come in, I can poke one of the heads on a regular medium bust body for proportion reference though.

13. My Ace wears 14s.

14. I also have my human Flowne on a minifee body and it works perfectly. I have a photo somewhere of a Laia head on the Dream Valley body, it does work. Only problem is Laia looks a bit bobble head because of her high forehead, it most probably looks fine if she has a wig on.

15. The Minifee body is a 7cm neck unless it's Moe line which is 6.5. If Flowne works on a Moe line it could possibly work on the DV body although it says 6cm on the DV website.

16. I’ve seen some posts of people using the DZ msd girl body 012 for hybrids and that neck size is listed as 6cm. The pictures I’ve seen seem pretty proportional though. I’m sure you’re just need a neck donut in there for stability, just in case.

17. This post from another DiM thread has a good photo comparison of some bodies.

18. Thanks to everyone who's commented about hybrids. The info has been helpful. I think I'm just going to try out the Dream Valley body I wanted with a neck donut and if it doesn't work I'll just try to sell it. It'll just be a while until I can afford it though. :P

19. I was so hoping to order heads, but by the time I contacted them in April they said there weren't any left :(

I guess I'll have to stick to the second hand market...

20. Denny is usually so fast at replying to emails but I got no reply to my last one. :( Hope things are still going as planned and there won't be any (many?) delays.