1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. Got Lydia's wig done, and made her a sweater~ She hasn't turned out exactly how I first envisioned the character, but honestly I adore how she's coming along. She seems more herself than some of my original ideas, if that makes any sense aha
      I really need to get some pupils to make eyes for most of my crew though, and gather supplies to attempt faceups. Hopefully I'll find the time to work on Honey's wig soon too~

[​IMG]

2. Sorry to those who asked about the dealer! I didn't get notifications for replies on this thread for some reason. Here's a direct link to the DIM doll section of the dealer. They only have what they ordered to be in stock (I think their items will be in stock soon as I was told my Annabeth would ship August 1st to my TaoBao Agent so you won't be waiting 3 months like it says I don't think!):

默认宝贝分类页-BJD 山贼的大本营-淘宝网

I confirmed with Denny who told me they were a dealer for them, and they are a legit dealer for Luts and other brands too. Weirdly Flowne H isn't showing on there but they do have that sculpt still available here (I couldn't find any other sculpts):

【DIM】1/4 BJD Flowne H (韩国正品) 报关团余单-淘宝网

I kept putting off ordering for awhile, then decided I wanted Laia in both versions and ended up missing the NS version of the open eyed Laia as it is out of stock now. Grabbed it in WS though and the other in NS. I'm still tempted to go back and order a half closed eye Larina, but I've spent so much recently so I'll just have to see if there's stock left when I have money!

3. Ahh thank you @Rinoa ~! Hm, google translate is telling me the colours are "whitening" and "powder" Did you know which is normal skin? :sweat

4. Powder is normal skin. :) (sometimes it translates to Pink Pu :sweat)

5. @Rinoa Thanks again~! Probably shouldn't have, but just ordered a normal Larina :celebrate

6. @sugarstitch It's really hard to resist, especially when they may never return (I say may because Denny might up and decide to sell again though it seems more unlikely at this point now).

#567 Rinoa, Aug 3, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    7. I really wish they would open for sale again... DIM heads are really beautiful and I'm sure I could fit a couple more in my collection :)
      (though my wallet strongly disagrees)

I wanted a Lucinda but I don't think she was for sale in this last order periods...

8. I got my heads picked up today but not had time to open and check yet. Had family around and not had a chance, hoping everything is okay!

9. Okay so I've opened them and I can't help but think I've been sent Ace instead of Jullis, is there a good way to tell them apart?

10. [​IMG]

L is Jullis, R is Ace.

The easiest way for me to tell is Ace has a straight nose, while Jullis nose points up a little

11. Thank you @Cydril. The first thing my partner said was that the nose of mine looks pointed up before I asked on here, and I also saw that Ace seems to have one slightly smaller ear which mine doesn't. I lined my head up with your side profile photos and he matches the Left perfectly. I'm not worried anymore. Thank you again!

12. There's a few Happy heads that are not showing as sold out... They might be available again.

Unfortunately not those I wanted - and I love many! Lucinda, Yvaine, luria, Anabeth, Miru, Gayane ...

I couldn't buy any at the time they were available, and now that I could get a couple, it's the ones I already have or don't want that are on the site. :(

#573 erika2, Sep 2, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    13. @thessalyrose , that resin match looks good! And I <3 her wings

Do any dolly historians know if Fantasia was released in white skin originally? I recently got one from a dealer and shes been in her box for years and years, and her resin color is really weird :sweat I thought it was yellowed NS but its a significantly lighter/yellow color than any of my other DiM's, including Aleksei, who is even older than she is.
      g[​IMG]

14. Thank you, Cydril. The Loongsoul body is normal pink urethane, and it's a little pinker than the DIM resin, but after I painted the head you couldn't tell anymore.

I am not an expert on this, but the first time I ever heard of DIM offering white skin was after they released Larina. Fantasia is older than Larina, isn't she? So I don't think she could have originally been offered in white skin. However, it's been a few years, so she could still be an older doll and be in white. She certainly resembles Volks' famous "beauty green" in that picture.

15. I find that the DIM resin is on the NS pinkish side and always got heads like this, but I know collectors who have heads in white resin.

Speaking of resin colours, here is Warren, my Larina that home dyed this Spring. She's surviving the Dollypocalipse with her sidekick

[​IMG]Dollypocalypse by blablette1, sur Flickr

16. Wow, great dye job and faceup! Who is her sidekick? I know she's not a DIM sculpt, but she looks great with your Larina.

17. Oh dear, sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your compliments!!! <3 ^_^ Her sidekick is a MNF Ante

18. Does anyone know if this company ever re-releases dolls? Dimdoll Flowne is one of my dream dolls but I can't find her anywhere!! :c (i'm new to the hobby by the way)